Blizzard Entertainment Is Pulling Its Games Out of China

When Blizzard or GGG loses something, a place on the market or a needle in a haystack, I get happy.

Why ?

When you hit the ceiling you will see the floor were it all began. And someone need to teach them that.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
When Blizzard or GGG loses something, a place on the market or a needle in a haystack, I get happy.

Why ?

When you hit the ceiling you will see the floor were it all began. And someone need to teach them that.

What did Blizzard lose exactly?

Blizzard is probably taking Netease market share of Blizzard games and selling it to someone else for an exorbitant prices.

That is their dirty nasty trick.

Last edited by awesome999 on Dec 1, 2022, 7:59:52 AM
"
awesome999 wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:

Why ?

Blizzard is probably taking Netease market share of Blizzard games and selling it to someone else for an exorbitant prices.

The keyword is probably.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
awesome999 wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:

Why ?

The keyword is probably.

According to an insider, Blizzard Entertainment has been negotiating with multiple Chinese game developers for Over a Year...

Ya probably.
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
https://www.pcmag.com/news/blizzard-entertainment-is-pulling-its-games-out-of-china

So Blizzard is losing its biggest PTW market. I wonder what that means for Diablo 4.

Considering after having actually played the end-game beta for D4 and the fact that blizz has mentioned numerous times about their pay model to be similar to PoE in that its cosmetic only.. it means literally nothing, and its not even Blizzards fault, netease isnt renewing the contract, blizz is actually attempting to retain some players by other means, but honestly china has such a huge realm of control on their citizens, its unlikely blizz has any option. I am more curious about the chinese starcraft 2 players, that game is huge over there
"
Vizkevod wrote:
I am more curious about the chinese starcraft 2 players, that game is huge over there

Despite a lot of piffle in this thread, this tracks. Pro SC2 and Overwatch players on the mainland might be in for some rough times career-wise. There isn't a lot of news about it in English that I can find and I'm not exactly Weibo-fluent.

Also, when the President of NetEase said the following on a LinkedIn post:

"
As a gamer who spent ten thousand hours in the world of Azeroth, starcraft and overwatch, I feel so heartbroken as I will not longer have the access to my account and memories next year.

One day, when what has happened behind the scene could be told, developers and gamers will have a whole new level understanding of how much damage a jerk can make.

At least some publications have rather amusingly decided that 'jerk' was in fact Bobby 'world's biggest fucking jerk in gaming' Kotick. Maybe they're projecting, but...maybe not. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
Vizkevod wrote:
I am more curious about the chinese starcraft 2 players, that game is huge over there

Despite a lot of piffle in this thread, this tracks. Pro SC2 and Overwatch players on the mainland might be in for some rough times career-wise. There isn't a lot of news about it in English that I can find and I'm not exactly Weibo-fluent.

Also, when the President of NetEase said the following on a LinkedIn post:

"
As a gamer who spent ten thousand hours in the world of Azeroth, starcraft and overwatch, I feel so heartbroken as I will not longer have the access to my account and memories next year.

One day, when what has happened behind the scene could be told, developers and gamers will have a whole new level understanding of how much damage a jerk can make.

At least some publications have rather amusingly decided that 'jerk' was in fact Bobby 'world's biggest fucking jerk in gaming' Kotick. Maybe they're projecting, but...maybe not. :)

The original post.

我也是魔兽、星际和守望的老玩家,对于明年将失去我的账号和回忆,我感到很痛苦。有朝一日,当所有的内幕都被揭开,大家会对“一个傻瓜能带来多大的混乱”有一个全新级别的认知。对所有将要面对此事的玩家感到悲哀。

Simon Zhu didn't call the guy a jerk, he call him an idiot or moron. Mistranslation really.
There you go splitting hairs that really don't need to be split but oooookay.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
There you go splitting hairs that really don't need to be split but oooookay.

It is a hidden play on words. 傻瓜 is probably wrong. It is too tamed. He say something but mean something else. He doesn't mean 傻瓜(idiot). What he really meant and want to say is 傻(censored) (Removed by Support). It is 脏话.(Vulgarity)

Calling someone 傻(censored) (Removed by Support) is more offtensive than callling someone a jerk(混蛋).

If you translate 傻(censored) , it can be anything from ‘moron’ or ‘idiot’ to ‘douchebag’ 'jerk' IMO it is less accurate; most accurate, would be (Removed by Support)

It is How ‘idiot’ become 'Jerk' but is still wrong.

Edited: You are welcome mods.

Last edited by awesome999 on Dec 12, 2022, 7:55:00 AM
I heard the deal Actiblizz offered sucked, I don't remember the details now (something about not paying them their fair share because I thought when I heard it "no wonder they won't sign on that dotted line"). They are looking for another partner (10 cent? I doubt it).
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info