3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

And I still think, that this is going to be absolute shit show at the league launch!
Thank you.
Now, just remember to figure out HH and Inspired Learning scaling before league launch since it was changed for AN system.
Apparently I'm one of the few that actually liked Archnem mods because they where CLEAR, OBVIOUS, COLORFUL, and FEW.

I utterly despise the old system because it is literally impossible for someone like me that can not read a lot of words fast (especially when I must actively be mousing over the mob while reading) to understand the fight.

Yes Archnem had issues with too many aspects globbed in each mod, and would cause weak-minded people to go fetch cullers, but I disagree 1 million percent about the "simple and easy to read" part.

6-8 lines of text all in the same small font is vastly harder to understand from a quarter second mouse over than 2 lines of big, bold, colored text! Even if it does require some memorization pattern matching.
"
JRush wrote:
This is a step in the right direction. Keep it up GGG, hope you can retain the faith of older players into coming back into the game.
It was obvious since beginning. But now I'm to used to LE (and tons of new players are now on video channels expecting for 0.9), I just don't know if I'll come back. And a new affix system doesn't say it'll be alright at beginning, I've seeing so much bad in recent years ...
"
Atlantis_arch wrote:
"
JRush wrote:
This is a step in the right direction. Keep it up GGG, hope you can retain the faith of older players into coming back into the game.
It was obvious since beginning. But now I'm to used to LE (and tons of new players are now on video channels expecting for 0.9), I just don't know if I'll come back. And a new affix system doesn't say it'll be alright at beginning, I've seeing so much bad in recent years ...

Honestly, I like everything about LE except for its sound design. I just cant bring myself to play it despite me owning the game and gifting it to someone. It is technically good but doesnt have anything visceral in the music or sound.
"
coldcandor wrote:
Apparently I'm one of the few that actually liked Archnem mods because they where CLEAR, OBVIOUS, COLORFUL, and FEW.

FEW ? There were like 70 Archnemesis modifiers, this isn't few.

Obvious ? Most Archnemesis graphical clues were as good as invisible in the current state of PoE

Clear ? Many Archnemesis mods (if not most) did things that were not intuitive at all with their naming.

Colorful ? Why should the new mods not have colours ? ...

So ... no, just no.

If anything, the new mods might be less numerous than the Archnemesis mods, will be much clearer because you will actually know what they do when you read them, and the whole thing will probably less saturated.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
This will be a tough pill for many people to swallow so here goes

I would like a unique map call "Frenzy Archnemesis"

where the map tier is 17 or 20 for similar scale to say 1.5k delve

There is no unique boss only Solaris touched Rares with 8 mods pre nerfed state worse than Uber pinnacle bosses a map where you can go peak vision with
cheers
"
Plusikplus wrote:
Nice! Can't wait for next league, no way we will get two bad leagues in a row... right?

No way. It would never happen like that. Never ever ever ever.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Although I very seldomly had problems with Archnemesis Mobs / Mods... I really embrace the fact that that stupid "I need TFT for that mob" thingy is hopefully going away..
"
GrimExcuse wrote:
I would like a unique map call "Frenzy Archnemesis"

where the map tier is 17 or 20 for similar scale to say 1.5k delve

There is no unique boss only Solaris touched Rares with 8 mods pre nerfed state worse than Uber pinnacle bosses a map where you can go peak vision with
cheers

I really don't get how you could so blatantly miss the obvious here.

Undisputably the name for this map must be 'The Vision'.
"Boah, is echt lächerlich, wie schnell das hier lädt, wenn nich irgendwelche Penner mit MTX hier rumhängen."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info