3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

Hi GGG devs,

this sounds like a solid clean and healthy base for further difficulty increase or league mechanics And not the random 100 hidden and visible mods on a mob if its a arch nemesis legion ghosted + map mods monstrosity.

I think this will do the game good. <3
I didn't care for AN, but I really don't like that the reddit crybabies won
"
Splouge wrote:
"
we doubling down for the 5th time baby, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

did you even read the manifesto?

1)Loot goblin stays
2)AN stays, just got broken down into simpler mods
3)100d lootsplosions will still be there. but it's gonna be exclusive for 6-man MF parties. removing cullers will only affect casuals.

Tell me where I am wrong.
If the mod that converts all items into currency is still in the mod pool this just means to me that instead of hiring MF parties to kill your god touched rares you now have to play MF all the time. Cuz when you kill a rare and get an exalt and a couple chaos orbs you won't feel rewarded. Instead you'll think to yourself "I should have made an MF build." Its just the same thing but with a curtain over it. Really disappointed. GGG again turning a blind eye to a problem and finding solutions to the symptoms. Hiring MF parties was not the problem it was the solution to the problem your vision created. Now you remove the solution while keeping the problem. There will still be the 50 divines clips all around the reddit and normal players will be running maps hoping if they could hit the jackpot and maybe get a divine... This doesnt remove the reward spikes it just makes them unpredictable and impossible to be recreated.
Lol still AN mods. Nothing really will change, except now we won't know what rewards we're going to get.

People gonna be even saltier after they spend 10 minutes killing a rare only to get blacksmith whetstones or utility flasks lol.
Have there been any buffs to the loot drop of past mechanics thought to make then worth running also?
I really hope this launches well and doesn't need a ton of tweaking. Mainly to keep reddit quiet. I really don't care how hard the game is. I also hope the rewards for the harder fights are scaled properly.

Crossing my fingers and hoping you got it "right" this time.

Maybe at some point we can have real arch nemesis type encounters? Akin to rogue exiles or mini bosses, but elite monsters that do a very specific thing and we have to learn and watch out for them in certain tile sets. That would be super cool and add the fear of dominus back into our hearts.
Did not expect archnemesis getting this big of a change! But i do agree, archnemesis fixed a lot of issues but had some of it's own. Really curious how these changes will feel.
Wer nichts weiß, muss alles glauben.
"
wariows wrote:
What about rewards conversion? Is that still a thing or have you guys removed it?
One the main issues of last league was the treasure goblin effect! Please address this!

I watch subtractem's video explaining this.

The rewards will be hidden. So you can no longer just look for loot goblins and just use a MF culler to maximize loot.

As for reward conversion, it is still there.
"
"
Splouge wrote:
"
we doubling down for the 5th time baby, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

did you even read the manifesto?

1)Loot goblin stays
2)AN stays, just got broken down into simpler mods
3)100d lootsplosions will still be there. but it's gonna be exclusive for 6-man MF parties. removing cullers will only affect casuals.

Tell me where I am wrong.

I don't know why people can't see this. GGG thinks we hate hiring MF parties. But we actually hate the AN rewards system. Instead of fixing the actual problem they just remove the actual solution players found for their vision...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info