Building a new PC need some supernerds to help!!!

SO path is my main game little bit of wow and league of legends, but i am still running an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 also have a wide screen maybe ultra wide i am unsure. 3440x 1440. to be honest it runs the game VERY well until i start super juicing maps with minion builds lol.

Would love some advice on a new PC maybe send me some links to PC part picker or prebuilds what processors are better for running POE. the whole Intel VS AMD battle.

not really sure what my budget is probably don't want to go to crazy like rtx 4080.

I guess 2000 to 3000 bucks <3 would love some help!
Last bumped on Nov 9, 2022, 4:53:50 AM
hoho.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
If it is just for gaming (right now) I would get something like this:

• Ryzen 7 5800X3D
• b550 motherboard that fits your needs
• 16gb to 32gb DDR4 3600mhz CL16 ram (CL14 is nice if you can find a deal)
• RTX 3080ti or RX 6900XT

Last edited by Ulsarek on Nov 6, 2022, 12:31:24 PM
Just so you know PoE isn't known for well optimized setups at all. The problem is on the dev side.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
VirtualJesus wrote:
SO path is my main game little bit of wow and league of legends, but i am still running an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 also have a wide screen maybe ultra wide i am unsure. 3440x 1440. to be honest it runs the game VERY well until i start super juicing maps with minion builds lol.

Would love some advice on a new PC maybe send me some links to PC part picker or prebuilds what processors are better for running POE. the whole Intel VS AMD battle.

not really sure what my budget is probably don't want to go to crazy like rtx 4080.

Do your own research.
"
"
VirtualJesus wrote:

Do your own research.

Seems unnecessarily rude.
"
VirtualJesus wrote:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XdrqXy
You will have FPS drops anyways, because PoE is poorly optimalised.
Last edited by Kminek666 on Nov 7, 2022, 1:34:34 AM
"
VirtualJesus wrote:
to be honest it runs the game VERY well until i start super juicing maps with minion builds lol.

I am not too sure how much better the game will run in that situations with a better PC. The game is not very well optimized, I am not even sure what causes the performance issues in that case. Is it lack of RAM? Single-Core performance? GPU? Cache latency? Something else? Can the problems be alleviated with tuning the settings in-game?

In order to not be disappointed, you'd probably need to find out what the bottleneck is first. For example, does dropping the resolution to 2560x1080 significantly help your performance? That would point to the GPU being the bottleneck. Does it not? That would point to the CPU being more of a problem. Just upgrading your rig without knowing what exactly causes the stutters, or whether upgrading improves the situation, is likely to lead to overspending in the best case and disappointment in the worst.

BTW, personally I would not upgrade my GPU if it didn't give at least twice the performance. For that, you'd have to be looking at a 3080Ti / RX 6900XT class GPU. Unless the issue is super pressing, I'd personally wait until early next year in order to see what the mid-tier GPUs of the new generation bring, and whether AMD releases 3D V-Cache versions of the 7000 series.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
If it is just for gaming (right now) I would get something like this:

• Ryzen 7 5800X3D
• b550 motherboard that fits your needs
• 16gb to 32gb DDR4 3600mhz CL16 ram (CL14 is nice if you can find a deal)
• RTX 3080ti or RX 6900XT

I agree with @Crimvaal.

Just remember to get a 1000W gold / platinum PSU and the faster RAM you can get (almost) the more it will help your performens.
I am running mine at 4300 Mhz.

Also get a fast Gen4 NVME ssd + good cooling for your CPU.
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Nov 7, 2022, 5:27:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info