November Events 2022

Sounds cool. Just recently came back to PoE, might spend some time grinding enemies and doing some idiotic non-meta build for lolz.
"
AngryC00kieZ wrote:
"
Keep AN, and keep up the good work, GGG. Don't bend nor break against the crying wolf, people need to be prepared for what PoE2 is going to be like. Let them cry NOW, and they'll cry LESS then!

Lvl88 highest character... lvl36 in Kalandra... LOL!

thats amazing, I despise AN even i managed to push to 85 trying to do maps in this miserable experience they are trying to call path of exile
Nice!!
"All that fancy sword swinging when all you need is one good stab."
My english is not that good so i hope someone can explain.

I can play the event in Mayhem tradeleague and get in the pool for the rewards if i reach the levels?
5-6k hours of POE here, HC SSF only.

I love GGG and their passion but i'm struggling to understand the philosophy behind game design.

Those 'difficulty' mods encourage playing 1h/shield characters and building into defense & defense only. There is no reward for playing with aggressive playstyle (2 handers). There is no upside of playing 2handed weapons or builds (like berserker). There is only downside, and the downside is you are less tanky and you will die to sudden damage spike (unless you play boneshatter and 1 shot every pack by stunning it to death).

1h/shield builds do same or more dmg than 2handers, which is dumb and confuses me every time.

Last few leagues top builds were 1h/shield (necro DD, sabo, LS champ).

This league, 98% of uber killers are 1h/shield.

Quin exposed the game with facetanking everything (he even afked on uber exarch and couldn't die to balls, tanked 1shot mechanics on Maven).

Mayhem won't be difficult, it will be annoying. 100% chance to maim/hinder? That's annoying.

You will take more dmg because of multipliers. Solution? Build 1h/shield characters. You won't live in HCSSF with 2handers.

Last 3 Ziz gauntlets the only builds that cleared the content were 1h/shield.

Wanna clear content? Play Path of Exi.. cough, Path of Tanks!

New Ruthless mode? Why bother allocating time&resources creating Ruthless? Just play melee in HC SSF, Hardest ever experience guaranteed trying to kill Ubers.

As far as I know, there is only 1 character in the history of POE (since ubers were introduced) that cleared the content with 2hander in HCSSF.

Last edited by Tcharq on Nov 4, 2022, 8:35:44 AM
What happens if I already have the Magma Wings (Mayhem level 90 random draw prize) from the Twitch drop giveaway of the 3.13 league? Do i have the chance to receive a double or am I exempted from the chance to obtain said wings?
"
Tcharq wrote:
5-6k hours of POE here, HC SSF only.

I love GGG and their passion but i'm struggling to understand the philosophy behind game design.

Those 'difficulty' mods encourage playing 1h/shield characters and building into defense & defense only. There is no reward for playing with aggressive playstyle (2 handers). There is no upside of playing 2handed weapons or builds (like berserker). There is only downside, and the downside is you are less tanky and you will die to sudden damage spike (unless you play boneshatter and 1 shot every pack by stunning it to death).

1h/shield builds do same or more dmg than 2handers, which is dumb and confuses me every time.

Last few leagues top builds were 1h/shield (necro DD, sabo, LS champ).

This league, 98% of uber killers are 1h/shield.

Quin exposed the game with facetanking everything (he even afked on uber exarch and couldn't die to balls, tanked 1shot mechanics on Maven).

Mayhem won't be difficult, it will be annoying. 100% chance to maim/hinder? That's annoying.

You will take more dmg because of multipliers. Solution? Build 1h/shield characters. You won't live in HCSSF with 2handers.

Last 3 Ziz gauntlets the only builds that cleared the content were 1h/shield.

Wanna clear content? Play Path of Exi.. cough, Path of Tanks!

New Ruthless mode? Why bother allocating time&resources creating Ruthless? Just play melee in HC SSF, Hardest ever experience guaranteed trying to kill Ubers.

As far as I know, there is only 1 character in the history of POE (since ubers were introduced) that cleared the content with 2hander in HCSSF.

i believe ggg simply trapped itself with how the game treats damage
especially on death effects and the scarcity of self sustain outside flasking
the only 2 handers still viable are stacking block on staff or bow char with capped suppression but both need extremelly well rolled gear + endgame stuff drops to make it worth playing anything else besides 1h/shields or abusing dual wielding
GGG is sure getting good at not building up hype.
"
dyida wrote:
GGG is sure getting good at not building up hype.

You can't hype something people already dislike and unfortunately these events are still on patch 3.19, adding the extra difficulty modifiers just makes it even more un-appealing.
Bad events :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info