Build of the Week Season 10 - Episode 5 - Akshay's Ward Loop Scion

I can't believe you guys actually showed this build.

1. Anyone paying attention knew about this.
2. Fully expected it to be crushed next league.

Fortify being used by non-melee in close range = Kill it despite the problems.
Melding of Flesh = Kill it, no reliable Defenses in this game.
Near immortal Walking simulator = Lets show it in build of the week.

This build also highlights everything wrong with your game. Even simple stop to cast has become a hindrance. It ignores everything you've been trying to force. From Flasks nerfs with annoyingly more Affix Tiers to your defense reworks. It's standing proof your changes and nerfs serve to hurt build diversity more than anything you're actually targeting for a nerf.

Lets see physical, ignite, bleed, poison or the other now dead build foundations on here.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
O_O wtf that build was very research its very complexe
Not going to lie, trash

SSFHC ONLY GAME
Impressive, Dragon or pro
Nice
excellent, want to try it
Well first of all this is not really Akshay's build (he just wrote a guide on forum probably), ward loop has been a thing before the major nerfs to omniscience (my characters speak for themselves). And it got hit from 2 directions in 3.19. First of all it got hit in omniscience damage, and second it got hit in cwdt less damage.

I don't understand why people ALWAYS but ALWAYS ask for nerfs to builds or mechanics in a mostly single player game.

I mean if you like the build just do it...If you don't like the build ignore it and move forward. People asking for nerfs just because someone has fun with something and they just cannot bare people having fun with something are simply disgusting (they don't take currency out of your stash, they don't kill your mobs and they do not impact your gameplay in any way).

I for one don't like melee skills ...do I want them nerfed to the ground ? Nope...People can play whatever they want and have fun with as long as the shenanigans' do not really affect me.

Now back to the build :

The only thing I like about it, is that I don't need to press many buttons. Being a software developer engineer I have a lot of days when literally my wrists and fingers hurt due to having to sit all day with them on a damn laptop...days in which I could not play path of exile. This build just saved my experience.

The build yes it's an autobomber ( they have been for years around) that does not have the high end damage than let's say Siege Ballista has, it's very expensive to build, very tricky to min-max, and any kind of alteration from the pattern results in it not working.

The build is not party friendly as you cannot play with people that have determination or malevolence (cuz they stop your loop, due to armour reducing damage taken from the hearthbound loop ring and malevolence increasing the damage from forbidden rite).

The build is not immortal. Do not think that for a second...Having ward not break on flask effect is nice cuz you always mitigate 1700 small damage, but some hits will still kill you.

There are also a lot of limitations this build has. It cannot play with HH or Mageblood. It cannot squize in a lot of MF. It requires specific stuff, and with crafting being the way it is, they are very hard to get. It is not an "idiot proof follow the pob get it to work" build. Not league starting friendly.

So before asking for nerfs to builds that utilize some game mechanics, please consider rolling the build and share your opinion instead of just thinking "man this build is a walking simulator, my build has to press buttons...nerf nerf"

Last but not least, thanks to Akshay this is going to be killed so bie bie poe.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Oct 13, 2022, 3:00:20 AM
"
Vendetta wrote:

I don't understand why people ALWAYS but ALWAYS ask for nerfs to builds or mechanics in a mostly single player game.

I mean if you like the build just do it...If you don't like the build ignore it and move forward. People asking for nerfs just because someone has fun with something and they just cannot bare people having fun with something are simply disgusting (they don't take currency out of your stash, they don't kill your mobs and they do not impact your gameplay in any way).

I for one don't like melee skills ...do I want them nerfed to the ground ? Nope...People can play whatever they want and have fun with as long as the shenanigans' do not really affect me.

So before asking for nerfs to builds that utilize some game mechanics, please consider rolling the build and share your opinion instead of just thinking "man this build is a walking simulator, my build has to press buttons...nerf nerf"

Last but not least, thanks to Akshay this is going to be killed so bie bie poe.

PoE is hardly single player game, because many of the best items are gated behind uber bosses, simulacrums, party-only content like 5-way, or are simply made so rare in drop, that you cannot possibly get them without a lot of MF. And with build (dis)parity as it is, majority of players cannot afford beating that content or squeezing MF into their gear.

I am all for pressing less buttons during the game, but core of this problem is with the game as a whole:

1) game is too fast with too many mobs on screen at once, so when playing selfcast builds you have to jerk mouse from one side of the screen (to hit something) to another side (to move yourself) with like 0.5 sec frequency, which should have never been a thing.

2) game drops a lot of separate currencies and loot with no auto/aoe pickup option.

3) game requires a lot of useless clicks when chiseling/alching/scarabing maps, identifying/vendoring items, trading lots of currency, managing stash and so on.

4) crafting...

All these things combined give terrible experience, and GGG devs (not QA) probably do not see that because they never play for prolonged periods of time, and can spawn items they needed anyway, from some console commands

Defending autobomber builds just multiplies existing problems. If the above things would have been fixed, playing autobomber or minion would not be a requirement anymore, and overall experience would become more healthy.
Last edited by Echothesis on Oct 13, 2022, 4:03:36 AM
In terms of gear investment it is very close to what you were needing for a self curse HH setup few leagues ago except it requires more theorycrafting and fine tuning. So if you have never played an intricate build before it may be to tough.

It's also do or die, with hh at least you were able to use the hh to farm your self curse gear a little bit faster or build kind of it incrementaly.

And then in terms of what it does, it has a survivability ceiling, it's average at best for high end mapping(does everything well but no access to mf or insane speed), however it's good in simulacrum and it's great at bossing. (All solo obviously)

So yeah, I really don't think it warrants a nerf, it's a solo kind of build, the pieces are extremly specialized. If people can and want play this archetype, let them be.
Last edited by galuf on Oct 13, 2022, 5:56:56 AM
nice one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info