Magic the Gathering's 30th Anniversary debacle

After original ravnica block, mtg is dead for me.

I don't enjoy card art,planeswalkers and powercreep.
Best block for me was Onslaught. Nice tribal decks, good art.
Used to play a lot and my last very much enjoyed block was Mirrodin (tooth and fail / artifact ravager etc).

I really did not like planeswalkers and how far WotC went with all kinds of ways to pump sales over keeping balance. In the more recent times there have been cards so crazy it was kind of obvious there'd be errata's which to me translates to them designing to sell first - tune later. MTG is not the game for that, imo.

And now because they have the DnD / Baldur's Gate IP we get Boo and Minsc in MTG and Minsc has an ability to sacrifice hamsters.

Never buying a single mtg pack again :-)
Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
kaepae wrote:
Used to play a lot and my last very much enjoyed block was Mirrodin (tooth and fail / artifact ravager etc).

I really did not like planeswalkers and how far WotC went with all kinds of ways to pump sales over keeping balance. In the more recent times there have been cards so crazy it was kind of obvious there'd be errata's which to me translates to them designing to sell first - tune later. MTG is not the game for that, imo.

And now because they have the DnD / Baldur's Gate IP we get Boo and Minsc in MTG and Minsc has an ability to sacrifice hamsters.

Never buying a single mtg pack again :-)

So true!
Haven't bought any physical packs since planeswalkers. I've used my already existing MTGO tixes to test stuff but NO, game is bad for me.

Don't get me wrong, i still play MTGA because it is free, by doing infinite drafts i am at like 400k+ gold, 30k+ gems and like 90+ Mythic rare WCs etc.

Since it is free, at least i don't feel bad supporting a bad game haha, just a little addiction thats it!
"
jerot wrote:

I'm sure speculators will buy in, but I don't really see who else is going to be interested in collecting these at their current price point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNuqejEnJOA
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info