[3.23] [SC+HC] Righteous Fire (RF) Chieftain: One build to go from Act 2 leaguestart to pinnacles

Very nice guide, I am trying this build out to try and get more builds under my belt. Haven't finished A2 yet, but already have the shield & ring and can sustain RF so pretty pumped I can already use the main skill. This will be my first RF build.
i'm level 24, have both uniques, but fire resist is 54% and i can outregen rf only if under 50% life. where do i get another 20% res?
"
mickhah wrote:
i'm level 24, have both uniques, but fire resist is 54% and i can outregen rf only if under 50% life. where do i get another 20% res?

Get more on the rest of your gear. Take the Diamond Skin passive for +15%.

You'll want your other ring to be a ruby ring, and also make sure to keep an eye out for any Essence of Anger, since that can be used on a belt or any armour slot (helm, boots, glove, chest) to give it a fire resist mod.

Getting your capped fire resist that early is the main challenge with the build, but it gets a lot easier as you go... Especially on a Chieftain and you can just take "Tasalio, Cleansing Water" at the end of Act 3.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
mickhah wrote:

Get more on the rest of your gear. Take the Diamond Skin passive for +15%.

You'll want your other ring to be a ruby ring, and also make sure to keep an eye out for any Essence of Anger, since that can be used on a belt or any armour slot (helm, boots, glove, chest) to give it a fire resist mod.

Getting your capped fire resist that early is the main challenge with the build, but it gets a lot easier as you go... Especially on a Chieftain and you can just take "Tasalio, Cleansing Water" at the end of Act 3.

ty
another question. probably i don't understand the mechanics right, but how should ramako increase the damage output, if elemental focus support negates any dot?
"
mickhah wrote:
another question. probably i don't understand the mechanics right, but how should ramako increase the damage output, if elemental focus support negates any dot?

Elemental Focus does not negate DoT. It merely prevents you from inflicting elemental ailments. And RF's burning is not an ailment: ignite is an ailment, but not all other forms of burning are not ailments, and thus not prevented by using Elemental Focus.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Did you kill uber bossess with this build?
"
Leoninda wrote:
Did you kill uber bossess with this build?

Haven't attempted (uber) Shaper/Elder/Sirus, but have done the others. I feel confident in saying that it'll do all of them since ultimately, the result you get... Is basically the same results you get from other meta RF builds (e.g, Inquisitor or Juggernaut) with similar DPS and tankiness, and identical mechanics. And those are all well-established to do them just fine.
I'm in the process of updating this guide. For the most part, while RF took some really stiff nerfs with the removal of a number of key masteries, this took a smaller blow than others. For leveling, it remains functionally the same, with just the far-endgame (the "uber" part) being currently scuffed.

So right now, the uber side isn't covered, but this can still very much get you through leveling and through enough of the endgame to fill out your atlas & perform invite farming. (though I wouldn't run those top-tier invites yet, but you can collect them)

Also for those wondering, the new life regen for uncapped fire resist node is not used; the point of this build is to cap your fire resist early, making it opposed to the new alternative for Act 2 RF. This one has the advantage that maintaining it after act 2 gets easier.
Hi, i'm currently using the build and it's working well but I have a question. On late game stuff you are using "curse on hit" on both ring but RF does not hit so what are you using to make them work ? Thanks
"
Etib wrote:
Hi, i'm currently using the build and it's working well but I have a question. On late game stuff you are using "curse on hit" on both ring but RF does not hit so what are you using to make them work ? Thanks

Shield Charge/Leap Slam probably?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info