Constant graphics issues on Mac

Another day, another graphics issue. Love when you go through these walls and you can't see the monsters on the other side ... and then you die and lose 10% XP. Are we likely to get a fix ? This has been ongoing since at least 3.17.4, and GGG expects me to buy things when this stuff happens and they make no effort to even reply to the issue raised ?

I stopped playing months ago due to this glitch. Super disappointing to see this hasn't even been addressed yet. I'd happily throw a bunch more money into the game, but not a chance while it's in this state.
"
TheFeeler wrote:
I stopped playing months ago due to this glitch. Super disappointing to see this hasn't even been addressed yet. I'd happily throw a bunch more money into the game, but not a chance while it's in this state.

My thoughts exactly. Yeah it's free to play but that's beside the point. It's not unreasonable to expect them to at least provide an update. New leagues, new content is pointless when this crap happens all the time. It does seem to be limited to maps, but given that's the end game, it should have been fixed by now. Feel free to post a picture here every time it happens. If nothing else it's diary :-)
Here's a collection of graphics issue encountered over the past few days.
This has been going on since 3.17.4. You can't see squat when you come across them. There are monsters in them that kill you since you are blind (literally, not the game effect). In one of the shots there is a Ritual shrine. I could not get to it because it was walled off.

Hey GGG support, how about an acknowledgement and perhaps an indication this is being worked on and will be resolved soon. I'm puzzled by the silence - literally no response on a game impacting issue on MacOS and that you feel it's ok to ask us to buy things to support you when you can't be bothered to fix something you broke over a year ago ? It IS game breaking - I lose XP through no fault of my own, it happens constantly and it's demotivating to say the least.

Last edited by BowWizard on Feb 20, 2023, 7:22:20 PM
Same problem here - MacBook Pro M1. I read a bunch of threads regarding this - is this really completely ignored by GGG?
"
BlackPersian wrote:
Same problem here - MacBook Pro M1. I read a bunch of threads regarding this - is this really completely ignored by GGG?

Pretty much yes. I used to update it every time I played and ran in to this issue. It's like a diary of the disdain they have for the Mac clients
I have the same issue on mac. constantly graphic problems since few months. before everything was fine. it make plain not much fun. like stripes every where on the screen and blocked stripes u can't even see the monsters. so sad.
What's sad is the complete lack of support for this issue. It's not isolated. Every Mac user has it and I understand Windows users also have it happen. GGG are completely out of their depth on this it would seem. That's what no response usually means. Oh but hey don't forget to buy a supported pack ! Now that's sad ...
It is most likely vulkan shader cache. I had the same issue before and not getting crashes all over this league. Only thing that helped fix the crashes and graphical issues was running this on my mac:
"
rm -rf Library/Caches/com.GGG.PathOfExile/ShaderCacheVulkan

I personally created an alias for it since I gotta run it at least once a day.

"
silverpilku wrote:
It is most likely vulkan shader cache. I had the same issue before and not getting crashes all over this league. Only thing that helped fix the crashes and graphical issues was running this on my mac:
"
rm -rf Library/Caches/com.GGG.PathOfExile/ShaderCacheVulkan

I personally created an alias for it since I gotta run it at least once a day.

Do you run this once per day before starting the game up and it has "solved" the graphics issues since doing so ? A script or a cron job to do that is fine by me (since GGG won't do anything about it) if it works ! Thanks for that tip.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info