Divergent Hatred movement speed bonus does not work if you are immune to chill

"
artifleur wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This is correct. Being immune to a ground effect means you effectively ignore it's existance entirely, thus you don't count as "on" it.

The mod should not be worded as requiring being affected by chilled ground because as noted above, it does not require that you be affected - being unaffected by chilled ground allows you to get the bonus, which is the main point of "unaffected by" stats for ground effects.

Three questions come to my mind:

1- What if you are "Immune to Chill" but not "Immune to Chilled Ground"?

You are immune to the effect of the ground-effect but not immune to the ground-effect itself so you should get the movement speed, shouldn't you?

2- Is it really necessary to have so many different but very similar modifiers as "Immune to Chill", "Unaffected by Chill", "Unaffected by Chilled Ground", "Immune to Chilled Ground", "Unaffected by Chilled Ground When Wearing a Red Rose in your Buttonhole and the Sun is Shining from the East"?

3- When will you update those meaningless aura alternate quality effects? I know they were nuked due to cluster jewels but that was years ago...

1. ??? it is the same? chill is an ailment, no matter what the source is, chilled ground or inflicted by a hit, the effect is the same.
like, if you are immune to chill, you are immune to the parent group of that ailment, that includes its children, which also means chilled ground...

2. why are you complaining? it is something that has been in the game, as it is, for ages.
i dont see how this is a problem out of a sudden.

3. in what timeline are you living? alternate quality aura gems made their way into the game AFTER cluster jewels... GG WP dude...

and generally speaking, what is this fuzz all about...
i can borderline understand the frustration if you upgrade brine king pantheon and screw future self chill plans...
but this?
"oh i got his one item, but it doesnt work, even tho it is quite a normal thing that it doesnt, lets go complain"
inflicting ailments on yourself has been a thing, in many iterations now, over the past YEARS, somehow, people were able to get their heads around it.
now, in 2022, it is too complicated?

immunity and being unaffected always have been two different things.
sad to see what happened to the players in regards of actually paying attention to wording and details. sadge
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Oct 5, 2022, 4:15:09 PM
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

nonsensical rant

I posted this in the bug report forum because I thought it might be a bug - it was moved to the suggestion forum by a mod once Mark posted clarification. I wasn't complaining about anything, nor do I have any confusion about any of the mechanics involved in this interaction.

Go touch some grass.
Last edited by InventorOfTrees on Oct 5, 2022, 6:22:00 PM
"
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

nonsensical rant

I posted this in the bug report forum because I thought it might be a bug - it was moved to the suggestion forum by a mod once Mark posted clarification. I wasn't complaining about anything, nor do I have any confusion about any of the mechanics involved in this interaction.

Go touch some grass.

how is it a nonsensical rant?
you quite literally said

"
Wording should either be changed to be while 'affected by' chilled ground (instead of 'on'), or should be fixed to work even while immune to chill.

which tells me, that in fact, you were misunderstanding what immunity to a certain ailment does?
but whatever...
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

sad to see what happened to the players in regards of actually paying attention to wording and details. sadge

Being "on" something and being "affected" by something are, in the Path of Exile engine, the same thing. However, this is not congruent with how such interactions work in the real world. One is a locational factor and the other is conditional. What I am standing on is not dependent on whether or not that thing affects me.

This is compounded by the oddity that burning ground does not inflict "ignite", but instead is a burning degen effect, and shocked ground does not inflict shock, it inflicts shocked ground. However Chilled ground causes chill.

Out of curiosity, if you reduced the effect of chill by 100% are you "immune" to chill, or "unaffected" by it? The effect should still be there, just at 0% strength. However, I feel like the game treats this as "immune".

There are also many effects in the game (e.g. Steppen Eard's "Regenerate 2% of Life per second on Chilled Ground") which would not be intuitive to be disabled because you are immune to chill, especially if its "20% increased Movement Speed on Shocked Ground" works while immune to shock. Double so if immunity to shock prevents shocked ground from affecting you.
May all your rings be unique
Last edited by Orcasauce on Oct 5, 2022, 7:52:27 PM
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

which tells me, that in fact, you were misunderstanding what immunity to a certain ailment does?
but whatever...

literally no one outside of GGG knew if being "immune" to something meant you couldn't be "on" it in PoE-land until this very thread. Someone, somewhere may have pieced it together, but there is no text in the game or on the wiki detailing if this is intended or not.

Get off your horse and go away already.
Last edited by InventorOfTrees on Oct 6, 2022, 12:35:27 PM
"
SquareCubiC wrote:
"
artifleur wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This is correct. Being immune to a ground effect means you effectively ignore it's existance entirely, thus you don't count as "on" it.

The mod should not be worded as requiring being affected by chilled ground because as noted above, it does not require that you be affected - being unaffected by chilled ground allows you to get the bonus, which is the main point of "unaffected by" stats for ground effects.

Three questions come to my mind:

1- What if you are "Immune to Chill" but not "Immune to Chilled Ground"?

You are immune to the effect of the ground-effect but not immune to the ground-effect itself so you should get the movement speed, shouldn't you?

2- Is it really necessary to have so many different but very similar modifiers as "Immune to Chill", "Unaffected by Chill", "Unaffected by Chilled Ground", "Immune to Chilled Ground", "Unaffected by Chilled Ground When Wearing a Red Rose in your Buttonhole and the Sun is Shining from the East"?

3- When will you update those meaningless aura alternate quality effects? I know they were nuked due to cluster jewels but that was years ago...

1. ??? it is the same? chill is an ailment, no matter what the source is, chilled ground or inflicted by a hit, the effect is the same.
like, if you are immune to chill, you are immune to the parent group of that ailment, that includes its children, which also means chilled ground...

2. why are you complaining? it is something that has been in the game, as it is, for ages.
i dont see how this is a problem out of a sudden.

3. in what timeline are you living? alternate quality aura gems made their way into the game AFTER cluster jewels... GG WP dude...

and generally speaking, what is this fuzz all about...
i can borderline understand the frustration if you upgrade brine king pantheon and screw future self chill plans...
but this?
"oh i got his one item, but it doesnt work, even tho it is quite a normal thing that it doesnt, lets go complain"
inflicting ailments on yourself has been a thing, in many iterations now, over the past YEARS, somehow, people were able to get their heads around it.
now, in 2022, it is too complicated?

I usually try to avoid answering white knights and trolls because there's little point in doing so but I'll at least defend myself on one point.

Alternate quality for aura gems being realeased after cluster jewels doesn't change the fact that they were nerfed to the ground because of aura stackers getting too much value from them by stacking a bunch of aura effect cluster jewels.

Aura stackers have been nerfed since then but the quality effects remained in their meaningless state.

So please go white-knight your way some place else. Thank you.
"
artifleur wrote:

I usually try to avoid answering white knights and trolls because there's little point in doing so but I'll at least defend myself on one point.

Alternate quality for aura gems being realeased after cluster jewels doesn't change the fact that they were nerfed to the ground because of aura stackers getting too much value from them by stacking a bunch of aura effect cluster jewels.

Aura stackers have been nerfed since then but the quality effects remained in their meaningless state.

So please go white-knight your way some place else. Thank you.

can you please tell me, how it is white knighting?
when it is LITERALLY THE CASE FOR IMMUNITY TO NOT BE AFFECTED AT ALL!?
since cluster jewels were not the topic, this is what i react to.
my cluster jewel

but it is funny to see how people react when you point them onto a completely logical concept that they complain about being "weird".
what you guys try to pull off here, is basically the same as complaining about a cospris being able to corrupt with resolute technique...

instead of using logic, and deal with it, those who dont share your opinion are supposed to not take part in that discourse.
Perfect reflection of what's wrong with people these days.

"
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

but whatever...

literally no one outside of GGG knew if being "immune" to something meant you couldn't be "on" it in PoE-land until this very thread. Someone, somewhere may have pieced it together, but there is no text in the game or on the wiki detailing if this is intended or not.

Get off your horse and go away already.

immunity literally means "do not suffer from the negative aspects, neither benefit from the positive aspects"
you, are, immune...
how is that hard to understand.

get off my horse?
well, sorry, but i guess there is, yet again, a flaw in your perception and judgement.
but hey, funny that i am on a horse, while it is YOU telling ME what i shall do. :) hypocrisyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

but keep in mind kids, everyone who disagrees with you, no matter how right or wrong you are, is a troll, a white knight, an enemy and needs to be gone!
this is how we solve things in 2022.
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Oct 6, 2022, 11:54:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info