Divergent Hatred movement speed bonus does not work if you are immune to chill

Divergent Hatred wording is "You and nearby Allies have (x%) increased Movement Speed while on Chilled Ground". Tested both with and without chill immunity, and the effect does not work if you are immune to chill.

Wording should either be changed to be while 'affected by' chilled ground (instead of 'on'), or should be fixed to work even while immune to chill.
Last bumped on Oct 6, 2022, 11:51:33 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
bump
"
bump

You can use the 'B' icon that'll display by the 'Q' and 'PM' icons on your first post to bump the thread (when it's eligible to be bumped, ie after 24 hours) rather than add zero-content posts that make the thread annoying to read :)
"
Divergent Hatred wording is "You and nearby Allies have (x%) increased Movement Speed while on Chilled Ground". Tested both with and without chill immunity, and the effect does not work if you are immune to chill.

Wording should either be changed to be while 'affected by' chilled ground (instead of 'on'), or should be fixed to work even while immune to chill.
You basically get this bonus only when you have Chilled Ground debuff, your own Chilled Ground also doesn't work with this.

As for wording improvements, it definitely needs it. Your version though, "You and nearby Allies have (x%) increased Movement Speed while affected by Chilled Ground" implies that "Unaffected by Chilled Ground" mods wouldn't work either since one requires you to be affected by Chilled Ground and other makes you unaffected. This may cause confusion as well.
Seems like you still get the buff if you're "unaffected" by chilled ground / chill, but not if you're immune to it.
If you're immune I think it kinda ignores the ground effect, so you don't get the buff, whereas unaffected means you get the debuff but it's negated
Mechanic Misconception:

Are your minions "randomly dying"? Do you have the Fleshcrafter unique equipped?
If you answered "Yes" to both of these, high chance is that your minions have over 50% chaos resistance, converting 100% of their HP into ES, killing them.
This is correct. Being immune to a ground effect means you effectively ignore it's existance entirely, thus you don't count as "on" it.

The mod should not be worded as requiring being affected by chilled ground because as noted above, it does not require that you be affected - being unaffected by chilled ground allows you to get the bonus, which is the main point of "unaffected by" stats for ground effects.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This is correct. Being immune to a ground effect means you effectively ignore it's existance entirely, thus you don't count as "on" it.

The mod should not be worded as requiring being affected by chilled ground because as noted above, it does not require that you be affected - being unaffected by chilled ground allows you to get the bonus, which is the main point of "unaffected by" stats for ground effects.

It makes no sense still. If you stay on the ground, even if you immune to its effects, you ARE staying on it. So you on it by definition, no matter the effect it causes (or not).
From the perspective of Hatred quality wording I can only suggest adding an advanced description "You count as on Chilled Ground if you staying on it and not immune to its effects.", because it is not intuitive behavior.
From the perspective of the ground effects, I don't think being immune to effects of the ground should be counted as you not staying on it, because it doesn't make you not stay on it. Unless something does, then it should be specifically worded as something like "You Ignore Burning, Shocked and Chilled Grounds", with a description for "Ignore" as "Ignored effects do not affect your character, and you not counting as interacting with them in any way."
At least that makes more sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something:)
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Definitely not your best mechanics explanation, Mark. Saying you can be "on" something if you are unaffected by it but not if you are immune to it is certainly logically confusing, if nothing else. I'll accept this is intended behavior, but the wording could absolutely use some help.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Three questions come to my mind:

1- What if you are "Immune to Chill" but not "Immune to Chilled Ground"?

You are immune to the effect of the ground-effect but not immune to the ground-effect itself so you should get the movement speed, shouldn't you?

2- Is it really necessary to have so many different but very similar modifiers as "Immune to Chill", "Unaffected by Chill", "Unaffected by Chilled Ground", "Immune to Chilled Ground", "Unaffected by Chilled Ground When Wearing a Red Rose in your Buttonhole and the Sun is Shining from the East"?

3- When will you update those meaningless aura alternate quality effects? I know they were nuked due to cluster jewels but that was years ago...
I am standing on burning ground, but I am unaffected by it so I am unaffected by it
I am standing on chilled ground, but I am immune to chill, so I am unaffected by it

vs

I am immune to chill so I am not on the chilled ground under my feat because it doesn't exist in my frame of reality
May all your rings be unique

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info