[3.24] Devon's Frostblink Elementalist - The Hotstepper | Build of the Week! | 9M+ DoT DPS

Impressive build, I'll try to late leaguestart it! :)
"
King_Haart wrote:
Spoiler
This is the second build I've done (regular) Uber Elder on, did it with zero deaths, though had one close call where I was down to zero health flask charges. The ignites run for long enough that you can mostly keep distance and they still just DoT down pretty quick.

Did die once to the Minotaur while getting the fragments, was a oneshot which isn't that surprising with 4.5k life and pretty low armour, the evasion/dodge/block layers can only do so much. Did all of this with Maven witnessing too, and also did the Twisted with 80% qual including reduced max resists. Moving around so much while still being able to pop in for damage, and not having to worry about staying still to aim is really great for survivability.

Also dropped an Orb of Dominance and a 3-mod Watcher's Eye (will sell unIDed) so quite happy with the whole affair!

Next up, the rest of the favorite map slots.

EDIT: Did Maven, with 1 portal remaining XD

My PoB: https://pobb.in/HLjS0uqdF2i6
Spoiler

I took the assembly of the author of the topic as a basis, also took into account some of your useful comments and it turned out pretty well!

At the moment, I have 1 point left to invest it in Elemental Overload, but it may turn out to be a very expensive investment to raise the dps from 7.1kk to 9kk, but in fact this is the final note =)

I chose a slightly different way of building with the search for a balance between dps and survival.

I still retained the aura of Purity of Elements, but gave up unnecessary manipulations with Hatred, adding the aura of Vitality to continue building around the consumption of HP.

Viridis Vail has added a little more protective layer: protection from critical hits and reducing the total damage of hits on me (unlucky monster damage).

Of course, it would not hurt to add protection against curses, but this can be arranged through Flask.

What I don't like so far is that this option is still extremely vulnerable to gradual damage because a gem with 30% life is used. However, in general, due to the incredible speed of clearing maps, more often you don't even have time to notice some kind of event that is trying to kill, but only see mountains of burning monsters left behind))

P.S.Elementary overload is not taken in my PoB, because at the moment I do not have it myself, I put a tattoo to see the final result
Last edited by Алчность on Oct 4, 2023, 9:51:46 PM
addition to the post above
https://youtu.be/B70dO4rPVGs The 30th wave of the simulacrum
"
Viridis Vail has added a little more protective layer: protection from critical hits and reducing the total damage of hits on me (unlucky monster damage).

Interesting addition, that defense does sound nice. But it's still a lot of DPS given up (~20% on helm + some % on ring).

"
What I don't like so far is that this option is still extremely vulnerable to gradual damage because a gem with 30% life is used.

Yeah I thought about Dissolution but in boss fights I'm not the best at dodging so to me it's really important to be able to heal instantly. With 4x Body tattoos, that's an extra 1K life without the downside, and I haven't found it too hard to get life on gear. I lucked out with my first keystone tattoo and got Call to Arms over Perfect Agony so I can use Enduring Cry which is basically an extra near-instant life flask every 8s. I do run a regular life flask too though.

Also not sure if I called out before but 100% stun immunity isn't too hard with an Abyssal jewel that has both an implicit corrupt stun avoid plus the regular mod, and then use a few tattoos.

Finally, can't overstate how many times having 1x Tattoo of the Kitava Heart Eater has saved my life while mapping, Frostblink into mobs typically heals me for quite a bit.

"
addition to the post above
https://youtu.be/B70dO4rPVGs The 30th wave of the simulacrum

XD and here I was about to boast that I did 80% qual Fearless deathless XD. Guess I have to try Simulacrum now, never seriously tried it before.

You can see my build here, did end up doing some 5-way carries to get from 98 to 100 over the last week but I haven't done that much with the last 2 points yet really: https://poe.ninja/builds/ancestor/character/King_Haart/Roel

Oh, and I thought about Forbidden Jewels a lot, but ultimately my jewel slots are all pretty high-utility (Ancestral Vision = Ailment Immune, Green Nightmare 7% DPS + 15% Spell Dodge, Watchers Eye is great of course, and Lethal Pride is more DPS than Frigid Wake if rolled/placed right) except maybe the cluster, which I could probably drop if I can get a level 4 Enlighten gem plus some of the reservation tattoos. But in that scenario I'd probably just put the extra 5-6 points elsewhere entirely. Tattoos are really great for this build, I hope they go Core as they add so much flexibility to the tree.
Last edited by King_Haart on Oct 6, 2023, 5:33:14 PM
Oh, and question - if one trades out Pyre and also Cold to Fire (to say Hypothermia, which is only *slightly* less DPS), can we use Elemental Equilibrium to get free -25% Exposure and does that stack with Mastermind of Discord? That could be an extra ~-12% fire resistance compared to Glove implicit (doubled with Eye of Malice) and then it frees up the Gloves to get a different implicit. Does require some extra points to path to it, but you can either get lucky with the keystone tattoo, or you can just path that way anyway like me to get the 4th Body tattoo for an extra 500 health.
"
King_Haart wrote:
Oh, and question - if one trades out Pyre and also Cold to Fire (to say Hypothermia, which is only *slightly* less DPS), can we use Elemental Equilibrium to get free -25% Exposure and does that stack with Mastermind of Discord? That could be an extra ~-12% fire resistance compared to Glove implicit (doubled with Eye of Malice) and then it frees up the Gloves to get a different implicit. Does require some extra points to path to it, but you can either get lucky with the keystone tattoo, or you can just path that way anyway like me to get the 4th Body tattoo for an extra 500 health.

Sounds good ngl.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
"
King_Haart wrote:
Spoiler
Oh, and question - if one trades out Pyre and also Cold to Fire (to say Hypothermia, which is only *slightly* less DPS), can we use Elemental Equilibrium to get free -25% Exposure and does that stack with Mastermind of Discord? That could be an extra ~-12% fire resistance compared to Glove implicit (doubled with Eye of Malice) and then it frees up the Gloves to get a different implicit. Does require some extra points to path to it, but you can either get lucky with the keystone tattoo, or you can just path that way anyway like me to get the 4th Body tattoo for an extra 500 health

I tried to roughly sketch such an option in PoB based on my build. Alas, but I see a fairly significant loss of about 1.5kk to DPS. Perhaps it will open up much better with a helmet to increase resistances, however, I still doubt that this will be a decent option because Cold to Fire gives a fantastic DPS boost for Frosblink

I'll play with my own version for a while and if I'm not too lazy, I'll try to rebuild the tree into your version. The main thing is to find a timeless gem with 30% ignite faster (now I have one installed in the socket next to Eldritch battery)

P.S. By the way, as an option option for my build to carry a Polaris Devastation ring. Yes, of course, an additional layer of protection is lost (critical strikes), but perhaps in some scenarios it would be useful. The ring adds my build an extra 1.3kk DPS
Last edited by Алчность on Oct 6, 2023, 5:03:26 PM
Hello, could I get some assistance please? I'm kinda stumped on what to do next, I can't figure out how to get more damage or maybe some defenses.

Here's my pob - https://pastebin.com/292EMw8n

Thanks!
"
skinmouse wrote:
Hello, could I get some assistance please? I'm kinda stumped on what to do next, I can't figure out how to get more damage or maybe some defenses.

Thanks!

What's your budget like?

For Defense:

A Watcher's Eye with +chance to evade goes a long way with this build (right now you are 81% chance - if you get a +8% jewel, you get hit ~40% less often!).

Your spell dodge is also very low, look into the last page or two where I discussed using a Green Nightmare + cold resist tattoos to get a relatively cheap 15% extra (there are a lot of other build tips in those pages too!).

You can drop some of the DPS nodes near Growth and Decay (and Glacial Cage) temporarily to reach Instinct and Inveterate as well for another ~20% spell dodge chance which is HUGE, that's 40% less often (since you're already at 50%) that spells hit you.

For Damage:

Replica Iron Point is OK for early maps but at your level you should be getting a decent rare weapon. PoB can give you a trade link for max DPS within your budget. FWIW I didn't worry overmuch about Elemental Overload & Crit chance, more base DPS is more consistent anyway.

Using Heatshiver or Eye of Malice is a LOT more DPS (former relies more on chill/freeze, which is better with the Frigid Cold jewels if you have the jewel slots and budget, Eye of Malice is fine for clear but for bosses you need good curses/exposure - if you have those it's roughly on par).

Look for a Lethal Pride that can go in the top center jewel socket and get a bunch of faster ignite damage, that's a *huge* DPS boost. A +Int Gem tattoo on Theif's Craft is a bunch more for 1 passive point.

Glacial Cage doesn't do much for DPS without Heatshiver, you can drop that.

If you get the right Glove implicit you can drop Elemental Prolif (you'd really want Ignite prolif anyway) for Unbound Ailments for more DPS again with little if any loss of clear.

There's probably a lot more - check out my PoB, it may help. Some of the items are costlier or require a lot of live searches to get affordably but others are cheaper to pick up.

I just did Simulacrum wave 30 for the first time, on my first try with this build - I did die a few times due to being slow to dodge the bosses but it's not that hard to get sufficient DPS on this build.
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
skinmouse wrote:

Thanks!

What's your budget like?

For Defense:

A Watcher's Eye with +chance to evade goes a long way with this build (right now you are 81% chance - if you get a +8% jewel, you get hit ~40% less often!).

Your spell dodge is also very low, look into the last page or two where I discussed using a Green Nightmare + cold resist tattoos to get a relatively cheap 15% extra (there are a lot of other build tips in those pages too!).

You can drop some of the DPS nodes near Growth and Decay (and Glacial Cage) temporarily to reach Instinct and Inveterate as well for another ~20% spell dodge chance which is HUGE, that's 40% less often (since you're already at 50%) that spells hit you.

For Damage:

Replica Iron Point is OK for early maps but at your level you should be getting a decent rare weapon. PoB can give you a trade link for max DPS within your budget. FWIW I didn't worry overmuch about Elemental Overload & Crit chance, more base DPS is more consistent anyway.

Using Heatshiver or Eye of Malice is a LOT more DPS (former relies more on chill/freeze, which is better with the Frigid Cold jewels if you have the jewel slots and budget, Eye of Malice is fine for clear but for bosses you need good curses/exposure - if you have those it's roughly on par).

Look for a Lethal Pride that can go in the top center jewel socket and get a bunch of faster ignite damage, that's a *huge* DPS boost. A +Int Gem tattoo on Theif's Craft is a bunch more for 1 passive point.

Glacial Cage doesn't do much for DPS without Heatshiver, you can drop that.

If you get the right Glove implicit you can drop Elemental Prolif (you'd really want Ignite prolif anyway) for Unbound Ailments for more DPS again with little if any loss of clear.

There's probably a lot more - check out my PoB, it may help. Some of the items are costlier or require a lot of live searches to get affordably but others are cheaper to pick up.

I just did Simulacrum wave 30 for the first time, on my first try with this build - I did die a few times due to being slow to dodge the bosses but it's not that hard to get sufficient DPS on this build.

I've got 46 raw divs and can probably liquidate other stuff for another 5-6, maybe.
I'm looking into the Watcher's Eye jewels atm and is it worth investing 15 divs into one that uses +8 suppress for clarity, non-channeling spells 9 less mana per cast with grace?
And for helmet, do I just pay a lab runner for the frostblink enchant if I decide to go with Eye of Malice?
And what do you mean by right glove implicit?
I feel for mapping ele prolif is faster than unbound, I gemswap anyway for boss fights or tougher single target mobs, seems like my radius for ignites spreads further with ele prolif.
Thanks for the tips by the way, really appreciate the quick answer!

Quick edit : what does lethal pride do actually?
Last edited by skinmouse on Oct 18, 2023, 11:51:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info