Following up on Recent Feedback

Good direction! Keep up the good work!
"
momonami5 wrote:
Good direction! Keep up the good work!

yes the direction towards 0 players
Thanks GGG! Game feels fine and I’m enjoying the league.

My only feedback I guess I would make is that I’m not interacting with the lake mechanic at all. For two reasons: one is that it isn’t really rewarding enough to match the difficulty, and two, there are so many narrow paths and terrain obstacles that the lake area feels so bad to run through.

Maybe if you boost the rewards a little bit, widen up the area and remove the terrain obstacles, and I think the lake will be fine.
Harbinger in and out of lake is completely unrewarding now because it used to drop exalt shards, but there are no divine shards.
My feedback regarding loot and league mechanics:

Going from a mechanic like Sentinel which provided rewards while engaging in the primary gameplay loop (maps) to a mechanic that directly breaks up mapping was extreme.

The rewards from the Lake are all right, but they seem small because no other loot drops and the difficulty can scale up to extreme levels without proportional increases in drops.

Loot in maps didn't feel sustainable until i was farming altars in t14+, there needs to be more support for low level mapping currency. Sentinels provided massive amounts of alchemy/vaal/scours which facilitates a smooth atlas progression. Lakes provide inconsistent rewards and don't return maps, so there is little incentive to run them instead of a map.
If you can't gate Harvest Crafts behind rarity, gate them behind lifeforce cost.

Not being able to make gear in HCSSF makes only a few builds able to do the bosses. Same stale HCSSF meta - skills which are easy to gear.
Summary: We are still thinking about discussing internally and then discussing a bit more. Then we will discuss it more and think about it a bit more. Everybody is unhappy with loot drops, including most of the team, but we didn't do anything because we're still thinking and discussing.
"Get your magic find characters ready!"
After playing for a few weeks, this is hands down the worst league ever launched for path of exile.
"
Harbinger in and out of lake is completely unrewarding now because it used to drop exalt shards, but there are no divine shards.

yup, totally agreed, harbringers is the worse ex-league content now as there's no high value shards anymore
Judging by this response -

Big Picture thought:
Spoiler
GGG is taking its time with any further patching. This makes me feel that they believe the worst of the bleeding is over and they have time to properly triage the next priorities. However, you may find yourself in a position where there aren't enough MTX buying players remaining to offset the cost of development hours if you don't push out another incremental. This would also likely lead to more players "taking a break from PoE" in the next league which lowers your potential earnings. At the very least you could create hesitation in volume consumers who buy big MTX packages or multi-mystery box sets.

Outside the league bubble my assumption here is that you are trying to do just one more comprehensive patch and maybe a couple of small patches over the next two months so that you can finish the next league on time, etc.

Here is what I can say since I came back to PoE this league after 9 months away...
Spoiler

Overall loot feels more in line with where it was in 3.16 after the last patch. I am noticing more reliable unique drops from map bosses now. Thank you for that.

Overall Chaos rate seems right.

Divine rate should be increased to compensate for a lack of supporting cards ,removal of 6L craft, heist charms.

AN changes sound great - looking forward to them - hopefully it provides balance here.

Harvest - was the most played league for me. I was online until the servers shut down at the end of the league. I believe it is the league I ended up dropping the most MTX in. Crafting kept me playing and spending. Where it is now does not encourage the same behavior. . .do with that what you want.

Another weekend opportunity for adults with plenty of capital to spend where that will not happen. Outside of Harvest, these other issues need to be addressed asap. Otherwise, the benefit of the doubt runs out for someone like me who has to really think about where I spend my non-work, non-family commitment hours. And the bulk of those come on the weekend.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info