[3.19] Malachai’s Loop Self-shock Lightning Conduit Raider

Is there an alternative to using Vinktars? At least while it gets a bit more affordable... The price has gone up a lot.
"
Raicoron wrote:
You should consider adding in void battery, badge of the brotherhood, a +1 power charge helmet, and inpulsa's. This would let you get 10 power charges + 10 frenzy charges while casting. Inpulsa's unaffected by shock mod would let you get rid of replica winterweave and possibly help with clear (destroys corpses which is nice). The damage would be way way higher that way I'm pretty sure.

From there you just need some aoe and movespeed to make the build feel smoother.

inpulsa no ES
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
"
Sinkin wrote:
Is there an alternative to using Vinktars? At least while it gets a bit more affordable... The price has gone up a lot.

you can use the implicit on gloves, sacrificing the dmg boost from interaction with vortex/algor mortis.

if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
Guys, do not try this build out until you have ALL equip with ES, jewels (that now cost more than 30div in sum), skills (21/20), skill points, etc.

I got baited with this build, but it doesn't work on 68 lvl and without Forbidden jewels (that are now not on makrket).

Sad.

EDIT: Ok, I'll take some of my upset words back =) But omg, it's so hard to start this build at low lvl. I think you have to be at least 78-80 to manage to put everything together.
Last edited by Pluspozit on Sep 18, 2022, 4:59:12 PM
"
Devined wrote:
Here is a POB I made with some changes: https://pastebin.com/DP3QQNLt

Hey cheers for iterating on a unpolished guide with Fury of Nature!

A couple of things I'd like to point out, which may help mostly on your defense side:

Not having 100% flask uptime is really scary for the build, especially when you rely on it to get resistances and more importantly, chaos damage redirection from Coruscating Elixir.

If you are going to reserve all you life for Zealotry, then you should consider dropping Inner Conviction for The Traitor, then trading off, say, the accuracy wheel (which is largely irrelevant for spells) for the flask wheel to have at least permanent uptime for bismuth and ruby flask. Then you can also reserve Precision with life.

With Precision moved to life, you should have sufficient spare mana to cast. Also, mana regen seemed sufficient given you have spell echo, which spends mana only every two casts. This should save you the Impossible Escape jewel which seemed inefficient (9 points for some 50% damage and %ES), and could be spent on other places, e.g. another medium cluster jewel, or the spell crit wheel next to Ghost Reaver.

85% chance to Evade means you'll be hit 15% of the time, while 95% chance to Evade means you'll be hit only 5% of the time. This means 95% evasion is 3 times as potent as 85%, and why I personally invested so much into capping evasion. Wind Dancer may be an option.

My take: https://pastebin.com/9J1cjkbz, losing around 20% damage to trade for better survivability, but that still is from the point of view of a flask addict.

"
Devined wrote:
Last thing is I'm not sure how to use PoB to calculate shock effect. I may have way more than I need, but I can't figure it out.

You can test this with a dummy Vaal lightning trap. Its shock effect will be shown on the Calcs tab (remove the manual 65% configuration). Right now you indeed overkill with shock effect at 688% (you only need 334%), given Fury of Nature doubles your ailment effect.
"
ABCkid wrote:
"
Devined wrote:
Here is a POB I made with some changes: https://pastebin.com/DP3QQNLt

Hey cheers for iterating on a unpolished guide with Fury of Nature!

A couple of things I'd like to point out, which may help mostly on your defense side:

You can test this with a dummy Vaal lightning trap. Its shock effect will be shown on the Calcs tab (remove the manual 65% configuration). Right now you indeed overkill with shock effect at 688% (you only need 334%), given Fury of Nature doubles your ailment effect.

I capped my resists on gear, and switched to a 6L shavs. I will say though that the lower ES shavs offers puts me a lot lower than I might like to stay at. I also am playing around with 2 small clusters to add mana reservation efficiency to wrath and discipline instead of all those mana nodes.

I dont like relying so heavily on flasks for defense, it doesnt fit my playstyle, so that is why I chose to go this route. Im probably still going to run roby/sapphire/topaz because the 20% damage reduction is nice, but im not sure I need to run the unique variants (maybe just taste of hate?). For wise oak, I am debating bottled faith or dying sun possibly instead.

I will see what I can do about the evasion, and take into account your feedback on ideas for it. I can probably free up a bunch of passives because of how over-capped I am on shock effectiveness, and play around with those.

Where do you see 688% on the shock effect? I'm looking at the tab but don't see how that number was reached.

I will post an updated PoB in a bit.
Last edited by Devined on Sep 19, 2022, 10:28:10 AM
"
Devined wrote:

Where do you see 688% on the shock effect? I'm looking at the tab but don't see how that number was reached.

You need to remove the 65 shock effect in the Configuration tab that overwrites the calculation, then in the Calcs tab switch to the Socket Group with Vaal Lightning Trap.
"
ABCkid wrote:
"
Devined wrote:

You need to remove the 65 shock effect in the Configuration tab that overwrites the calculation, then in the Calcs tab switch to the Socket Group with Vaal Lightning Trap.

Thanks, I got it figured out. Last thing I'm not sure on is why your evade chance is 10% higher than mine. Even without the timeless, and if I bring your evasion down to 20k like mine, you still have 10% more chance to evade. Mind taking a look? https://pastebin.com/ps5aBjPW
"
Devined wrote:
"
ABCkid wrote:
"
Devined wrote:

Thanks, I got it figured out. Last thing I'm not sure on is why your evade chance is 10% higher than mine. Even without the timeless, and if I bring your evasion down to 20k like mine, you still have 10% more chance to evade. Mind taking a look? https://pastebin.com/ps5aBjPW

Wind Dancer.
Great build, loving it, nice interactions, made some changes on the build and loving the amazing DPS on bosses and clear maps.
I'm using Shimmeron (https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Shimmeron), I think is actually hidden OP for this build, the drawback of having the 200 lightning damage per power charge is ignored because when you move you annul the damage and still gives 2.4% base crit, 80% crit multi for a 15c wand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info