[3.19] Malachai’s Loop Self-shock Lightning Conduit Raider

Heeeey fellow lightning user here.

May I ask, how are fairing against DoT damage?

Congratulations on the build such a unique and wonderful mechanic.
"
wie2323 wrote:
Heeeey fellow lightning user here.

May I ask, how are fairing against DoT damage?

Congratulations on the build such a unique and wonderful mechanic.

"The build does suffer from the lack of recovery options and the small health pool against damage over time. Vinktar’s 20% life leech coupled with Ghost Reaver counteracts some degen, but against ground effects and Shaper beams we can only rely on our high mobility with permanent 200% Onslaught."

I'd add that Replica Winterheart grants 5% ES regen while shocked, and you could try to path further left towards Zealot's Oath to make use of Consecrated Ground regen.
Last edited by ABCkid on Sep 16, 2022, 7:04:20 AM
Well done mate
Hi there, do you know how this build would perform on PF instead of Raider?
It would be a budget version to trim down the 40 divs forbidden jewels requirement
Then i'd grab the 40% spell suppress on the few remaining gear slots and some more on the tree, but i'm just not sure if it would be worth doing all in all.
"
Hi there, do you know how this build would perform on PF instead of Raider?
It would be a budget version to trim down the 40 divs forbidden jewels requirement
Then i'd grab the 40% spell suppress on the few remaining gear slots and some more on the tree, but i'm just not sure if it would be worth doing all in all.

For a budget option I'd recommend Scion over Pathfinder, since Pathfinder ascendancy notables do very little to support spells/ES builds, and we obvious don't want ailment removal.

Ascendant-Pathfinder also gives the crucial 3 flask charges per 3 seconds, while giving you another notable for damage/defenses, e.g. Saboteur or Elementalist.
Last edited by ABCkid on Sep 16, 2022, 2:06:13 PM
Hi, kind of a unique problem and I'm not sure at all how it even happened. I followed your tree exactly and my gear/flasks are what they should be. I don't have the forbidden flame/flesh yet but I'm still somewhat maintaining flasks. I'll have the forbidden flame/flesh soon but currently that's not my problem. My problem right now is I'm doing zero damage about 95% of the time. I'm using lightning trap, but after 1 hit with lightning conduit, they already aren't shocked and I'm doing zero damage. I'm not sure if that's even the problem. I just know that I'm doing zero damage a lot of the time and its obviously not good for dps. I'm making sure to stand still for max charges but I'm not sure what my problem is. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? My PoB also says I have 10m DPS so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Last edited by Bunnyman962 on Sep 17, 2022, 4:08:49 AM
"
Bunnyman962 wrote:
Hi, kind of a unique problem and I'm not sure at all how it even happened. I followed your tree exactly and my gear/flasks are what they should be. I don't have the forbidden flame/flesh yet but I'm still somewhat maintaining flasks. I'll have the forbidden flame/flesh soon but currently that's not my problem. My problem right now is I'm doing zero damage about 95% of the time. I'm using lightning trap, but after 1 hit with lightning conduit, they already aren't shocked and I'm doing zero damage. I'm not sure if that's even the problem. I just know that I'm doing zero damage a lot of the time and its obviously not good for dps. I'm making sure to stand still for max charges but I'm not sure what my problem is. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? My PoB also says I have 10m DPS so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I just took a look at your character (Bunnyman). You are using the wrong variant of Vessel of Vinktar, which has 5 variants. The one you need has a line "Shocks you inflict during Flask effect spread to other Enemies in a radius of 20". Here is the link if you want to search for this exact variant.

With that you will not need lightning trap, since Malachai's loop will shock you, which spreads to nearby enemies afterwards thanks to the flask.
Last edited by ABCkid on Sep 17, 2022, 6:51:24 AM
Any ideas for keeping VV up when switching instance zones? (i.e. moving between rooms in labs). I can't afford the forbidden flesh/flame combo for natures boon yet, but that would still be a lot of waiting potentially until VV comes up again.

Im trying out running overcharge instead of bonechill on vortex, but if I dont have my resist flasks up, its a death sentence to get close enough to proc it.
does any one know what is chance to drop Vessel of Vinktar with prolif? did like 60 maps and still not even 1
Here is a POB I made with some changes: https://pastebin.com/DP3QQNLt

Changes:
Got forbidden flesh/flame with natures fury to free up flask passives
Took out herald of thunder and fit in wrath
Double cursing with conductivity and assassins mark
impossible escape on necromantic aegis

The mana level is roughly the same as my build without wrath, but the regen is pretty good, so I may be able to drop some mana nodes and still support holding right click. Wont really know until I level up some more and try it out. could also get a new wand without cast speed to offset this issue possibly.

I also want to trade out 1 of my 2 rings for a kalandra ring with large fire/cold res, so I am not relying on my flasks so much to not be dead.

I did a small bit of theory crafting with inpulsas and the brotherhood amulet, but I'm not sure I like how much ES I have to lose to make it work... I might want to try a Shavs, but losing the 8% efficiency on the chest slot would prevent me from fitting wrath. Comes down to damage vs survivability here and not relying on a flask for chaos immunity might be worth it.

Last thing is I'm not sure how to use PoB to calculate shock effect. I may have way more than I need, but I can't figure it out.
Last edited by Devined on Sep 18, 2022, 1:42:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info