3.19.0f Patch Notes

So POE really is gonna die on the archnemesis hill huh
seems like @navvy
The /recheck_achievements command not work for me

Hello GGG,

I've been with PoE for a very long time, played thousands of hours and almost every league. But i've really never been more disappointed with PoE after the recent changes in the past leagues.

As an average alch & go player, excited to hit T16 maps, this league feels particularly bad to me. I identify three things that are increasingly ruin the fun for me personally.

First of all, there are the unpredictable deaths, which are very depressing in the long run, even in Softcore. Especially because they feel random. If I fight a tough boss for minutes and realize I have to be really careful, a death is totally fine for me. This just shows me that my build wasn't ready for this fight. But when I endure such a tough fight and then jump into the next little bluepack and get oneshoted, the balance just feels bad.

In addition, the gear progression feels very slow. The drops are not worthwhile most of the time and the crafting is no longer usable for simple players like me. Especially in this league where buying moderate gear are suddenly twice as expensive because the crafting yields much less for the better players and the whole market is (even more) broken. Only farming currency to buying upgrades bit by bit is no longer enough. The market prices are so far away that it no longer makes sense to farm a single upgrade over dozens and dozens of hours playtime.

And that's where my last fun killer comes in. I really like the new Atlas system. I love it! But why are there still so many nice mechanics (like Abyss) that just aren't worth specing points into, because nothing realy useful or valuable can drop there compared to other parts of the atlas? The loot from the old leagues is just poorly balanced and undermines the freedoms of the Atlas.

Overall, PoE is also evolving from what I've come to love about the game. Large packs of monsters that burst away nicely with propper scaled gear, no big "getting stuck" on individual mobs when farming, just run maps quickly, collect loot and get thrown some carrots every now and then. The feeling is just gone and that's what always fascinated me about PoE.

I know GGG can't please every player. And I've come to terms with the fact that I may never be able to defeat the really big bosses in the game. And thats fine. But even if I no longer enjoy the journey there, Poe is no longer a game for me. It seems to me that the 98% of players who haven't seen any uber-bosses are getting more and more out of focus.

Thats very sad.
I was gambling Gwennen for 50+ hours of my stupid life, today i read that it was nerfed toо, will I get my time and currency back?
Last edited by JimRaynor12 on Aug 29, 2022, 10:11:13 AM
Man, we as players need to stop and look at how un-intuitive these last several leagues have been and ask ourselves if we're getting a worthwhile product. Oh wait, we did, and the answer was a resounding NOPE. Since 3.15 this game has been in free fall, and I cannot recall the last league I gave two craps about. Maybe talisman? Collecting and combining items felt intriguing, more worthwhile lottery wise then any of this crap. Pick this reward! Get nothing. Pick this reward! Get nothing. That's what we get now. And GODS is this Lake the epitome of lazy design if EVER I have seen it. The tile choices are GOD AWFUL. Cold? Fire? Lightning? OMG! So super cool man! Not. Some people need to get fired real freaking fast up there or you're done for Chris. Maybe Chris needs to be fired?
Loot seems solid right now. In terms of rewards. Some mechanics can do with adjustments. Like getting no drops from rare chest or a strong enemy. But overall you do get a lot of drops and currency.

In stacks, so maybe it makes some feel it's less loot.

Don't overbuff it in response to you know what haha

Still a lot of things to do. Rog is fun, Tojen is a bro. Heist, Ritual, Delve.

Kinda killing harvest and scourge ain't great though.

But yeah, overall loot doesn't seem bad at all.

Definitely not to some crazy extreme like many pretend.
Last edited by ChoZaratan on Aug 29, 2022, 10:15:56 AM
lake still not rewarding enough to compensate the loot nerf in maps, but anyway league is almost dead :(
"
Thuroc wrote:

And that's where my last fun killer comes in. I really like the new Atlas system. I love it! But why are there still so many nice mechanics (like Abyss) that just aren't worth specing points into, because nothing realy useful or valuable can drop there compared to other parts of the atlas? The loot from the old leagues is just poorly balanced and undermines the freedoms of the Atlas.

Hey, hey - let's not go hating on Abyss.

Abyss Jewels are the only way to get Minion damage + minion buffs on jewels. Not to mention I enjoy the Abyss boss fights.
dasgud

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info