[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Mistok wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

Astramentis can be your final amulet if you are on a budget. There's two more upgrades, the first, about 20-30div and is detailed in the guide, the other is the simplex amulet for 200div.

Wait isn't the first upgrade the crafted Shaper + Crusader amulet?
That's not 20 div, I crafted min for less than 100c
Awakener is like 70c, the bases are like 5 and then all you need is a few alts...

Methinks Winter is thinking of the one after the shaper/crusader one, where you get both 10% to int and 14% to attrs as well as the 1% damage per 15 int. You are correct that the predecessor is cheap now.

This is correct, that was indeed my mistake.
Ok just got whispers of doom and switched to primalist, trying to figure out charms. I scrolled back through the thread and couldn't find a clear answer. I know I want a ele reflect immune one, at least to swap in for Atziri and Feared. Occultist explosions and hexproof ignore seem nice to have as well
Not sure what to go for for damage though

Loving the build. Got my first ever Maven kill, and first Uber elder since broken blight Zombies :D
Last edited by Mageling55 on Dec 30, 2023, 10:34:08 PM
To run the hatred build at level 94, you have to give up the Arcane Potency mastery as well as Coldhearted Calculation, correct?

Golden oils went up by 2.5x to 130c sadly.

Guess I'll just bite the bullet as enlighten 4 is a very long ways away.

---------------

By the way, a quick PoB question. When I blindly add hatred to my build, I gain the expected 18% more damage. But Kelvynn's endgame build shows hatred giving 40% more damage. 9% of that comes from the chest (21% increased effect of non-curse auras.) Where is the other 13% coming from? I have failed to find it so far.

Ah, another 9% comes from the Watcher's Eye (damage penetrates 15% with hatred.) But removing both of these still results in a ~21.8% damage increase. Damn.

---------------

Actually I don't gain 18% -- I only gain 4% because I have to get rid of a bunch of passives to fit in Sovereignty as well as still being stuck with 4 points for Whispers of Doom. So the optimal upgrade strategy appears to be to focus on the Forbidden jewels which are a ~68% more dps increase. I.e., the 40 divs I'd need for E4 will be better spent on the forbiddens. Okay, now I have a plan.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 31, 2023, 5:16:25 AM
When it comes to the Synthesised rings, does base type matter? or can it be literally any type like Bone etc?
"
Vandamonia wrote:
When it comes to the Synthesised rings, does base type matter? or can it be literally any type like Bone etc?

Bone rings can roll minion affixes, so they are worse. Any other type is the same.
"
Graiaule wrote:

Actually I don't gain 18% -- I only gain 4% because I have to get rid of a bunch of passives to fit in Sovereignty as well as still being stuck with 4 points for Whispers of Doom. So the optimal upgrade strategy appears to be to focus on the Forbidden jewels which are a ~68% more dps increase. I.e., the 40 divs I'd need for E4 will be better spent on the forbiddens. Okay, now I have a plan.

Do note that the Forbidden jewels add 68% more DPS while on low life. That means an average of 34% more, a bit less if you have Culling Strike.
"
spaceace7373 wrote:

i've ran probably 2000 synth maps in total in standard and have also never dropped one. that said, i would imagine this is what MF parties drop as most of the good drops in this game are mostly dropped in parties

market prices are set by pure human greed in a free game

Did you pick the atlas passive? You need a passive to drop synth items in synth maps, it's still rare though
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
gruumine wrote:
"
Vandamonia wrote:
Whats a good way to farm the synth rings we need. Sorry but 20div each is an absolute scam and I refuse to buy them at that price

isn't 200+ div simplex amulet base a scam as well? I payed 180 div for it....feels bad and good at the same time....

You have to buy 7% rings, there is no other way. Only other option is to wait next league start and then get it early when their prices are low. Unfortunately, that mean this league you have to either pay the price or not get them at all.

if you want to craft it yourself (7% int ring), feel free to buy https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/znje78/used_up_all_my_luck_for_the_league_vivid_vulture/

you will get 1 try for 2 divines. if you hit good ones, you can make your money back by selling good one and keep doing this until you get 7% one. GL!

In this way, you will either lose 30div and have nothing OR get 2 for free. RNG being RNG.

So you're saying that the rings come from harvest beast crafting in the league's first week? I find that hard to believe...

I'm interested also as to where to find these -- I've never dropped one.

I believe it's Heist that drops them more reliably.
A lot of people run heist from day 1, and everything is cheap in the beginning cause nobody has money and MF hasn't ruined the economy yet.
Also Ritual gives a lot of synth.
I run ritual for a while because I liked it (the rewards are usually crap though)
But I would get synth items very often, never the ring though and never anything good.
I've run heist off and on since day 2 and not enough synth things drop to make it likely I find a ring. Heist used to be a good currency maker in previous leagues, not so much now (unless I'm doing it terribly wrong.)
"
Graiaule wrote:
I've run heist off and on since day 2 and not enough synth things drop to make it likely I find a ring. Heist used to be a good currency maker in previous leagues, not so much now (unless I'm doing it terribly wrong.)

A lot of people doing it though so rings are bound to drop
This is a very rare drop from what I understand in any mechanic, and also a niche market. Thousands of people doing it all day and there's like 30 on trade.
Not many people are after them either, but the ones that are need them desperately.
Needing those rings is the weakest point of the build imo. I got lucky and got mine for 7 and 12 div, but imagine what would happen if a streamer made a build that uses them?
"
Mistok wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:

A lot of people doing it though so rings are bound to drop
This is a very rare drop from what I understand in any mechanic, and also a niche market. Thousands of people doing it all day and there's like 30 on trade.
Not many people are after them either, but the ones that are need them desperately.
Needing those rings is the weakest point of the build imo. I got lucky and got mine for 7 and 12 div, but imagine what would happen if a streamer made a build that uses them?

Admittedly, using 5C corrupted Heup of All instead of the synth rings results in a DPS loss of only 10%-12%. It's like the Simplex amulet and the Ambush and Assassinate jewels. It further enhances the build for substantial investement, but it's not mandatory. If you're working on a budget, you can clear all content without them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info