[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I'm playing in a custom league and looking to do Whispering Ice again using this fantastic build. I spent 4 hours farming Western Forest and didn't see a single The Incantation. After some searching, I found a reddit post that indicates the card was made more rare at some point since I last played and no longer drops prior to maps.

What's the best way to self-find The Whispering Ice? Does a Vile Staff need to be a specific ilvl to chance it? Any tips / suggestions are very appreciated!

Thank you!
"
Drumheller wrote:
I'm playing in a custom league and looking to do Whispering Ice again using this fantastic build. I spent 4 hours farming Western Forest and didn't see a single The Incantation. After some searching, I found a reddit post that indicates the card was made more rare at some point since I last played and no longer drops prior to maps.

What's the best way to self-find The Whispering Ice? Does a Vile Staff need to be a specific ilvl to chance it? Any tips / suggestions are very appreciated!

Thank you!

You need to drop as many uniqued as possible. Item rarity support + craft on helm + other rarity items if you have them + meticulous appraiser on tree. If you have a good build in the meantime, you can add rogue exiles and tormented spirit. If you can handle it, add the appropriate wisps from the league mechanic. It's still going to take a while.

Chancing is not viable, the odds are too slim.

Farming The Incantation has not been viable since the exact league I wanted to run the build in SSF... you're better off trying to drop it directly.
I am lvl 94 and I feel I hit a wall to increase my damage/defenses.

Forbidden Flesh jewels = 30 div (both)
flat int + % increase int helm = 10 div
flat int + % increase int rings = 20 div (both)

I havent tried to kill uber shaper because I dont know if it can handle and I am afraid to waste my fragments.
Same for other uber stuff, only killed uber Atziri.

Any suggestions?
"
seisansara wrote:
I am lvl 94 and I feel I hit a wall to increase my damage/defenses.

Forbidden Flesh jewels = 30 div (both)
flat int + % increase int helm = 10 div
flat int + % increase int rings = 20 div (both)

I havent tried to kill uber shaper because I dont know if it can handle and I am afraid to waste my fragments.
Same for other uber stuff, only killed uber Atziri.

Any suggestions?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/Pqbd3rZHL
100% %int slam, but 1/2 that t1 or t2.
for 10c better, 1 with 2 free suff, 1 with res.
so hunter orb 1.5d +10c (well on start of the league more helms 75-79ilvl)

well yeah ring's now 10d min. i bought my for 3 div at league start lol + essence now 7c=1, than at start 3-4c

wtf with forbidden...i thought of deadly infusion as cheaper version, but now red 19d wtf (i bought and sell after for 3-4d omg) and blue 8...
wtf really. now it's same price as ambush and assassinate 9 + 19...

Omg. well at start of league all cheaper, but i think that all go MF (imo it's poe cancer) so less people farm ubers that's why forbidden price go high
well yeah...just smb linked twitch solo mf...
4 mirror's drop
26 doctors
3 hh
3 mb
3 squire
1 ring
etc... in total he now got 12 mirrors, and his equip ~7 mirrors

with such absurd MF mechanic not surprising that economic now shit
At what point is it worth swapping to the endgame atlas tree, currently using the budget tree and not sure when to swap
"
Vandamonia wrote:
At what point is it worth swapping to the endgame atlas tree, currently using the budget tree and not sure when to swap

It's written in the gearing guide (main upgrade path, step 5). Once you have a basic cluster jewel with Cold to the Core, and 2 Split Personalities with Int, you want to swap the tree to maximize the split personalities bonuses.
"
Vandamonia wrote:
Im sorry but is this build just completely incapable of running Blight? SInce swapping to this build I have not beaten a SINGLE one, and im not talking about blight maps. Just normal maps with blight in it. Running with optimal towers, enemies are just IGNORING the towers after a few seconds (and no the enemies are not immune to the type of towers they just sprint past). I have no idea what else i can do for this.

I did multiple bligth events this league without issues. I failed only the one where they came from 5 different direction to that pump and not one way forking. You just use your bosskiller selftcast icestorm on the choke point and see them melt. If you fail that, maybe the issue is around your gear, passives or playstyle. I suggest to read the whole guide again, it is the most detailed I ever saw.
/edit: sorry i just read more pages and saw you already managed it
Last edited by vizisun on Dec 24, 2023, 11:25:33 AM
i have honestly never used the leveling tree. i use the endgame tree skipping the cluster nodes till i have the rest and allocating CI when i have enough es/int. yes, i have to run lower level maps till i can farm enough currency to buy the clusters and split jewels which by this point are always overpriced.

the game economy is always corrupted by the guilds that pool resources for MF builds to farm the items so they can dictate the market prices. human greed in a free game is the only downfall to the market when everything should be reasonably priced so if you intend to actually play, you should be able to buy what you need. but sadly, that never happens

i did manage to snipe these for 25c early enough before the prices went up
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Last edited by spaceace7373 on Dec 24, 2023, 1:25:08 PM
Hmm is it possible crafting the body armor?
The ones that fit the prerequisites are very expensive, makes me feel like they are overpriced.
For reference the same happened with the helmet, I was checking the prices and the ones that fit the prerequisites were multiple divines, but it was easy to craft one with a few spites
Might be quite a profit if someone were to craft them and sell them as they sell really fast, but it's very boring imo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info