[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Got my first ever level 100 character and 40/40 league, thank you for the great guide and fun build.
I have annointed Charisma and have allocated the 12% increased reservation efficiency on top of the tree.
But I still cannot run purity of elements, discipline and hatred. How can I get all auras in (additionally also clarity)?

Thank you

"
clerino wrote:
I have annointed Charisma and have allocated the 12% increased reservation efficiency on top of the tree.
But I still cannot run purity of elements, discipline and hatred. How can I get all auras in (additionally also clarity)?

Thank you

Sovereignty wheel on the left of the tree and/or Enlighten support.
Ok, getting there slowly. Really enjoy the progress.

I just killed Drox but there was a time when the life bar did not move at all while in the next moment his life went down quickly. I have noticed this also with essence and harvest mobs. In such cases I get killed now and then -> getting above level 91 seems tricky.

Any explanations? Could it be that I lose the name locking somehow?

"
clerino wrote:
Ok, getting there slowly. Really enjoy the progress.

I just killed Drox but there was a time when the life bar did not move at all while in the next moment his life went down quickly. I have noticed this also with essence and harvest mobs. In such cases I get killed now and then -> getting above level 91 seems tricky.

Any explanations? Could it be that I lose the name locking somehow?

Drox drops banners that give him damage reduction. Kill the banner to start doing lots of damage again. He also does an attack that creates a bubble for some time and that bubble also gives a good chunk of damage resistance. When it ends, your damage shoots back up.

Essence/Harvest mobs can roll the Cycling Damage Reduction mod, which grants 80% (I think) damage reduction, except for one damage type. As such, most of the time, you're not dealing much damage, then suddenly you deal five times more damage. Essence mobs can even roll a specific essence that further protects them.

Getting more damage should do the trick. When you overkill them by a large margin, CDR and Drox's attacks simply slow you down instead of shutting down your leech completely.
I find that my mana is running out during (longer) boss fights like invitations. Should I replace the Corundum by a mana flask or is there something else I overlook?

I find myself confused. The build has undergone changes since i started working with it, and now I find that I'm not sure what to do about my amulet. I have Astramentis with Whispers of Doom anointed. But the newer text seems to indicate that I should have Charisma. If I go to Charisma, what is allowing me to cast two curses, Frostbite and Punishment?

Thanks in advance for your help with this!
Last edited by weisenheimer on Oct 14, 2023, 9:22:42 AM
"
clerino wrote:
I find that my mana is running out during (longer) boss fights like invitations. Should I replace the Corundum by a mana flask or is there something else I overlook?

Make sure your mana regen is higher than your cost per second + 20%, or that you have a source of mana recoup. If you don't, your cast of your guard skill will drain your mana.

You can allocate one point into the power charge wheel for 48% increased mana regen, which should help quite a bit.
"
weisenheimer wrote:
I find myself confused. The build has undergone changes since i started working with it, and now I find that I'm not sure what to do about my amulet. I have Astramentis with Whispers of Doom anointed. But the newer text seems to indicate that I should have Charisma. If I go to Charisma, what is allowing me to cast two curses, Frostbite and Punishment?

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

You either run Charisma annoint and spend four points to allocate Whispers of Doom on the tree, or use Whispers of Doom annoint and find other ways of having enough reservation efficiency to use all auras.
I have discovered some tech for icestorm that I think might have potential. I'm not sure if it's enough to out dps the full late game setup but here it is:
we take the chain reaction frobidden jewels from sabo.
we use sunblast to prevent enemies from setting off our traps and get extra traps per throw.
ice storm and firestorm triggered from traps on the same tick by the chain reaction mechanic do not overwrite each other based on the number of storms active essentially bypassing the cap. this can allow for as many traps as your trap limit to trigger at once.
any thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info