[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Cyzax wrote:
For the crafters among you... Would a Blizzard Crown work as a replacement for a Hubris?

You lose some ES as it wont go as high, but with sufficient essences you could probably get decent stats.

Or is there some restriction on ritual items that prevent them from being influenced or some other obstacle preventing it getting %int?

(just for reference, not the right iLevel, I know)

It's an interesting idea. Nothing prenvents Blizzard Crowns from bring influenced so it should be able to roll %int.

Whether or not the flat cold damage outperforms the loss of dps from the +10% cold res is to be looked up in PoB and the loss of 1k-1.5k ES might hurt too much to make it valuable.
"
KiraDoodle wrote:
Hey guys I'm looking for more ways to scale damage further. I'm trying to run 100% delirium with wandering path node on and the mobs are taking really long to die

Any tips on where I can improve? Either on gear or tree or skill gems?

My poe planner link
https://poeplanner.com/b/N1s

That's some nice stuff you've got there. All I can suggest is min-maxing stuff.

Not sure Faster casting on boss staff is worth it especially if you're not bossing. You'd get more damage from another support.

Not sure Elemental focus is a great idea. If Cycloning through mobs, chill/freeze makes it easier to wade through without kiting and it makes leech mobs regen less hp. Energy Leech is more damage while on full ES and keeps the ailments. Also check if Inspiration is more damage than Woke Cold Pen while at max stages. That crit chance is very valuable. Try it out in PoB if you haven't already.

Lots of useless affixes on your rings, like ele dmg on attack, flat EV, cast speed and mana. You could min-max those more to get more useful affixes and get some damage there. Your left ring has great suffixes, but bad prefixes. If you could free up a prefix slot for "suffixes can't be changed", that would let you roll better prefixes.

Ooooooh Mageblood and Oriath's. Nice belt and flasks.

That frees up the boots. I'm not sure if it's the best use of that slot you can do. The synth 5% int is nice. You might be able to move around the other two synths with beasts and push it further or look at eldrith implicits. You also have two useless affixes, but I'm not sure if getting better ones is worth the hassle.

Real question, because I haven't tried it : do you generate a lot of frenzy charges with that HoI setup? I'm curious.

You have Whispers of Doom allocated and annointed. You can get 4 points back right there.

Get a Watcher's Eye with cold pen of flat cold instead of increased cold damage. I'm pretty sure it's better.

Your rare jewels can be upgraded to crit ones.

Is Deep Wisdom worth it? It feels like there would be another use of that point somewhere. Maybe with those 4 WoD points. With five points, you can take Divine Judgement + 18% exposure Mastery, or Disciple of the Forbidden + 3% dmg per charge mastery (especially since you have all three types of charges). PoB whatever is more damage.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by WinterHiko on May 29, 2023, 5:17:49 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Cyzax wrote:
My Blizzard Crown question...

It's an interesting idea. Nothing prenvents Blizzard Crowns from bring influenced so it should be able to roll %int.

Whether or not the flat cold damage outperforms the loss of dps from the +10% cold res is to be looked up in PoB and the loss of 1k-1.5k ES might hurt too much to make it valuable.

I played around with PoB (which I am no expert at) and just added the BC implicits to my existing helmet. It made pretty much zero difference to the damage. I don't know if I did it right though.

Tried crafting one (without applying the final Hunter's) with a few Spite's, and came up with this:

It is actually not too bad (ES wise) compared to the Hubris one I was using at that time:

I've since upgraded that to this:

I've given up on the idea, but thanks for the comment :-)
Last edited by Cyzax on May 30, 2023, 3:50:40 AM
Wow(!) for Forbidden Flesh/Flame Ambush and Assassinate... Went from 495k/hit to 735k/hit PoB-damage. Lost ~350 ES though...
Last edited by Cyzax on May 30, 2023, 9:00:56 AM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
KiraDoodle wrote:
Hey guys I'm looking for more ways to scale damage further. I'm trying to run 100% delirium with wandering path node on and the mobs are taking really long to die

Any tips on where I can improve? Either on gear or tree or skill gems?

My poe planner link
https://poeplanner.com/b/N1s

That's some nice stuff you've got there. All I can suggest is min-maxing stuff.

Not sure Faster casting on boss staff is worth it especially if you're not bossing. You'd get more damage from another support.

Not sure Elemental focus is a great idea. If Cycloning through mobs, chill/freeze makes it easier to wade through without kiting and it makes leech mobs regen less hp. Energy Leech is more damage while on full ES and keeps the ailments. Also check if Inspiration is more damage than Woke Cold Pen while at max stages. That crit chance is very valuable. Try it out in PoB if you haven't already.

Lots of useless affixes on your rings, like ele dmg on attack, flat EV, cast speed and mana. You could min-max those more to get more useful affixes and get some damage there. Your left ring has great suffixes, but bad prefixes. If you could free up a prefix slot for "suffixes can't be changed", that would let you roll better prefixes.

Ooooooh Mageblood and Oriath's. Nice belt and flasks.

That frees up the boots. I'm not sure if it's the best use of that slot you can do. The synth 5% int is nice. You might be able to move around the other two synths with beasts and push it further or look at eldrith implicits. You also have two useless affixes, but I'm not sure if getting better ones is worth the hassle.

Real question, because I haven't tried it : do you generate a lot of frenzy charges with that HoI setup? I'm curious.

You have Whispers of Doom allocated and annointed. You can get 4 points back right there.

Get a Watcher's Eye with cold pen of flat cold instead of increased cold damage. I'm pretty sure it's better.

Your rare jewels can be upgraded to crit ones.

Is Deep Wisdom worth it? It feels like there would be another use of that point somewhere. Maybe with those 4 WoD points. With five points, you can take Divine Judgement + 18% exposure Mastery, or Disciple of the Forbidden + 3% dmg per charge mastery (especially since you have all three types of charges). PoB whatever is more damage.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! This helps a ton

1) Agree on the faster casting support. Probably don't need it.. swapped it for energy leech instead

2) I was using inspiration support before swapped to awakened cold pen, and I swapped because PoB showed higher DPS with the cold pen set up. Might be because of the configuration for low life / full life and the interaction with ambush / assassinate jewels

3) I swapped to elemental focus also because PoB showed a higher DPS with elemental focus. I was assuming that I can rely on my vortex to freeze mobs while mapping.. but it seems like I need to deal a certain amount of damage before I can freeze mobs?

4) followed your advice and added some veiled modifiers on rings. One of my rings now have min 1 frenzy charge and frenzy charge generation on kill

5) I was struggling to find better options for boots.. I ended up recrafting my boots to get higher ES together with the onslaught on kill veiled modifiers

6) I ended up ditching the HoI set up cause I couldn't really tell the difference between the HoI explosion vs oriath end explosion.. so now I'm relying on my rings to keep frenzy charge up, and it seems quite reliable while mapping.. I also swapped my hoi for zealotry

7) bought a new watcher's eye as well with cold pen + crit pen while on zealotry consecrated ground

8) I checked and I don't have WoD anointed + talented.. not sure why poeplanner is showing differently. Deep wisdom isn't the best, but it is the next node that gives me the most DPS based on POB. (Again, I'm not sure if my PoB config is set up properly

I'll upload my PoB again later tonight to see if there any other areas I can improve on
I am a noob/lurker compaired to u all. i get into lower maps each league. i am currently 43 shadow using leveling tree, i went CI and died right off, i was using the tree made, do i not have enough leeach , or getting stunned?
"
shadobndr wrote:
I am a noob/lurker compaired to u all. i get into lower maps each league. i am currently 43 shadow using leveling tree, i went CI and died right off, i was using the tree made, do i not have enough leeach , or getting stunned?

I think you went CI too early. You should have at least 2k energy shield, more like 3k (or even more) before you switch out. I don't think I switched until very late in the acts, and you don't really need to switch until you encounter heavy chaos damage..

You also NEED to have the Energy Shield Mastery 'Stun threshold is based on 60% of your energy shield instead of life' before you can switch.

If you open up your characters for others to view, it's easier to offer advice.
"
KiraDoodle wrote:

2) I was using inspiration support before swapped to awakened cold pen, and I swapped because PoB showed higher DPS with the cold pen set up. Might be because of the configuration for low life / full life and the interaction with ambush / assassinate jewels

I couldn't check in PoB at the time. If cold pen is higher damage, keep cold pen, especially since it's always on at full power.

"

3) I swapped to elemental focus also because PoB showed a higher DPS with elemental focus. I was assuming that I can rely on my vortex to freeze mobs while mapping.. but it seems like I need to deal a certain amount of damage before I can freeze mobs?

Vortex will provide chilled ground, but not freeze because of the low damage. I guess it depends on the DPS difference and if it's worth it.

"

8) I checked and I don't have WoD anointed + talented.. not sure why poeplanner is showing differently. Deep wisdom isn't the best, but it is the next node that gives me the most DPS based on POB. (Again, I'm not sure if my PoB config is set up properly

Ah yes, if WoD is not allocated, a random point in Deep Wisdom makes a lot more sense. Your tree is updated now.

Are you sure Throatseeker is better than Divine Judgement + exposure mastery? Make sure PoB is calculating exposure, sometimes it just doesn't take it into account for some reason and you have to input it manually in custom modifiers.
I need to add in Sovereignty to be able to equip Hatred but I'm undecided on how.

I need 4 skill points to do it.

I'm leaning towards getting rid of my hex immunity for it.

Remove hex master + the Witchbane socket jewel = 3 free skills, and I can level to 94 for the other skill point.

Or I could trim off some of the damage skills, but I'm hesitant because I don't really know how much damage they each contribute and by how much Hatred would outshine them.

Can anyone take a look at my tree and tell me what they would change?

Edit: I checked my missions and saw I had 1 missing, so now I only need 3 skill points to do it which is great cos I'm kind of over levelling.
Last edited by dei on Jun 1, 2023, 1:24:13 AM
"
dei wrote:
I need to add in Sovereignty to be able to equip Hatred but I'm undecided on how.

I need 4 skill points to do it.

I'm leaning towards getting rid of my hex immunity for it.

Remove hex master + the Witchbane socket jewel = 3 free skills, and I can level to 94 for the other skill point.

Or I could trim off some of the damage skills, but I'm hesitant because I don't really know how much damage they each contribute and by how much Hatred would outshine them.

Can anyone take a look at my tree and tell me what they would change?

Edit: I checked my missions and saw I had 1 missing, so now I only need 3 skill points to do it which is great cos I'm kind of over levelling.

I'd first of all lose Hexmaster since your L1 CoDT should trigger frequently enough to keep everything cursed.

Second, you could lose the Mystic Bulwark cluster (unless you really need the mana) and get Damage Taken Recouped as mana on a Watcher's eye. They're not too expensive. Have it replace the Witchbane as you already have a flask reducing the effect of curses on you.

Third, I think not following Kelvynn's tree with two clusters and two split personalities is really hurting your damage and survivability. I haven't PoB'ed it, but I think all the damage cold nodes you have are not as effective as stacking int, which is really what the split personalities are for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info