[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
I'm surprised you didn't find better rare wands. When I level up with freezing pulse, I've always found good rares with 50%+ spell damage and/or good cold damage. Don't forget to use essences on early gear!
Re Stampedes, they're found in blighted maps if I'm not mistaken -- would you attempt T1-T7 blighted maps with the frostblink build?

In fact I found better wands, but i didnt used to simulate a bad luck run!
On day 1, the stamped is about 30c, I'll probably buy one. Doing chaos recipe with unid bad base rares(2c) is quick at heist or doing maps fast.

Another tip... did you ever thought on using a unic called bitter dream? now is your chance!

take a close look... its 1c and will carry until have a nice WI and itens to replace! Can use 2, one for vortex and the other for frostblink. Alerdy tested, works great!
LOL now that is a great idea (bitterdream) !! I always just vendored it and then complained when I got gems instead!

Pretty soon you'll be taking the build to T16 maps, just waiting for quite the right moment to switch to WI, maybe after uber uber Maven is killed...
I might be using the build for my SSF challenge next league. What are your thoughts on replacements for hardly obtainable items? Namely the synth belt. Any tips for getting high int gear without an endless supply of essences?
"
WinterHiko wrote:
I might be using the build for my SSF challenge next league. What are your thoughts on replacements for hardly obtainable items? Namely the synth belt. Any tips for getting high int gear without an endless supply of essences?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEraZjbv_9s

As this video shows, its possible to do on SSF, but i think that will be not possible to do uber bosses without proper itens/damage. Probably with enought resilience and time might be possible to craft enought gear to do. I'm not sure if its reacheable with one league time window.

I hope you could show us that is possible!
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEraZjbv_9s

As this video shows, its possible to do on SSF, but i think that will be not possible to do uber bosses without proper itens/damage. Probably with enought resilience and time might be possible to craft enought gear to do. I'm not sure if its reacheable with one league time window.

I hope you could show us that is possible!

My goal is to get all four voidstones. If I can do that, I've won SSF.

I couldn't beat Uber Elder on my last attempt because of how squishy my build was. I'm thinking I could get there with the tankiness of this one.

Getting to Uber bosses is already difficult in trade, so I'm not crazy enough to try and do it on SSF :P
@WinterHiko and all WI Enthusiasts

I was testing a start as SSF. I managed to get to maps tier 12 with no problems at all and in 15 hours from lvl 0 to 86. But i was unable to farm a WI... just got 1 card from 4 needed.

I had a healthy map pool and currency, but without proper itens I hit a brick wall on progression, that was Polaric Invitation... I had no damage to kill it(only 4L and no WI).

But the start as crit trickster proved to be fast on acts and doing maps even on SSF with crap itens/links.

The negative points:

- Eventually dies because Frostblink is on cooldown;
- The movement skill is the same as clear map main skill so you must manage carrefully the use to not kill yourself;
- Low life / ES after finishing the acts, so you are probably unable to switch to CI right away;
- Impossible to do Heist due lack of defense layers.

I understand that will probably be very different on trade league, being able to buy stuff during acts or right after kill kitava.

For everyone that is thinking to go with this setup, its a BET. I alerdy extensive tested the start and know everthing that could be possible wrong and fix it. And for sure it will be my league start!
If you want to go with this setup, test it before the start.

The kelvynn guide and tree is much more consistent and have consolidated result. If you are not an experienced player I recommend you guys to follow it.

All characters that I used to test are avaible on my account to be imported to PoB, all named atest_. They will be avaible until 1 day before league start, where i'll delete then to make roon for new characters.

If anyone feel interest or have any doubts on my tests, feel free to ask here or send a private message. I'll be glad to awnser!

Follow below are the itens/links/gems from character atest_VI that I used to hit T12 maps on SSF without the WI but with correct tree (for crit version). Ready to use the WI and spin to win!

Last edited by whiterockxx on Mar 29, 2023, 12:01:29 AM
The guide (leveling part) instructs the user to start using Frost Bomb. No "do not level up!" is mentioned. Then, at the very end, at another section, there is a faint mention that Frost Bomb is Level1.
Please always mark in the guide (in time) if some gem has to be kept at certain level.
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
The guide (leveling part) instructs the user to start using Frost Bomb. No "do not level up!" is mentioned. Then, at the very end, at another section, there is a faint mention that Frost Bomb is Level1.
Please always mark in the guide (in time) if some gem has to be kept at certain level.

You level it up during leveling and buy a lvl 1 once it's not a damaging skill anymore. Hence why it does not say to keep it at lvl1 in the leveling section.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Mar 28, 2023, 9:15:51 PM
"
whiterockxx wrote:

1. Impossible to do Heist due lack of defense layers.

2. but with correct tree.

1. Uh oh -- heist is important, to me at least, for early currency (both chaos recipe and grand heist rewards.)

2. "Correct tree" as in "critical strike tree" as I see on the atest_VI character. The text seemed to imply you were using Kelvynn's tree.

So the bottom line appears to be -- can you easily do heist at level 60+ with the crit tree and a WI staff at the time (which you will obviously be able to afford in non-SSF.) We'll find out!!
Last edited by Graiaule on Mar 28, 2023, 10:21:44 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
1. Uh oh -- heist is important, to me at least, for early currency (both chaos recipe and grand heist rewards.)

2. "Correct tree" as in "critical strike tree" as I see on the atest_VI character. The text seemed to imply you were using Kelvynn's tree.

So the bottom line appears to be -- can you easily do heist at level 60+ with the crit tree and a WI staff at the time (which you will obviously be able to afford in non-SSF.) We'll find out!!

In fact, Heist is possible, but i was unable to do it on lvl 60 and then at 70 due the lack of defensive layers, low life/ES and not enought damage cos I was at SSF... Probably on trade league with the WI and fair amount of evasion/ES be possible, but i'm not sure, really not sure.I dont want to count on it for my league start but i'll try for sure. That's why I warned everyone who wants to try this version.

That post is all about a version with critical strike chance tree and how to start, not kelvynn's tree. Alerdy corrected there. TY for advice to clarify the info!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info