[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
@Aimlezz91 -- very quickly you are missing 10-12% int on chest, 14% int on 2 rings, 4% int on belt, and around 30 int or so on the rings as well.

Int = dps for this build.

You're also missing the forbidden jewel opportunistic pair, which is 25% more dps on Maven.

You'll basically be going through a couple hundred deafening spites to roll 2 rings and a belt with good resists. But you have the funds. You may have to give up hatred and use purity of elements instead.

I note your build has about the same dps as mine, but you have hatred and I don't. I just have more int than you.

50 Deafening essences spent, 25 exas 30 annuls.

Also u can use this flask , as for my opinion it is good for + 40% increase damage.
Last edited by Ghost285 on Dec 26, 2022, 4:39:30 PM
Thanks a lot for the help everyone.
I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to get the %int rings NOW or when I would switch away from astramentis.
As for using deafening essences: I was aware of this when i build this, but I had to opt for self-farmed budget at that point. for the rework I'll invest into the good essences though.
Once I can sell some of my old TR gear, I'll get new bases for belt and rings and focus on getting high int rolls with catalysts, as well as keeping the option open for switching hatred with purity of elements, but considering that switch is easy 1:1 because of the mana reservation, I'll decide on the spot if and when i am about to switch the amulet.
@Aimlezz91 -- to make it very clear, 20q rings with deafening spites will hit 61-68 int. It's the spites that give you the int, not the catalysts.

Remember, you 20q the rings first after you scour them. Depending on your gear, you will probably want 2 resistance rolls on the ring.

Here's the analysis. With our tree and 20/20 anomalous Purity of Elements, we need 87 to all resist. T2 is 43-45.

So 2 x T2 on rings and belt give you about 44x2x3 = 264 resists whereas you need 87x3 = 261 resists. If you have T2 resists on helm and glove, then the rerolling is a lot easier, as you'll need only 4 T2 rolls on 3 items.

Without purity it's more painful. I'll let you do the math.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 26, 2022, 7:30:50 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
@Aimlezz91 -- to make it very clear, 20q rings with deafening spites will hit 61-68 int. It's the spites that give you the int, not the catalysts.

Remember, you 20q the rings first after you scour them. Depending on your gear, you will probably want 2 resistance rolls on the ring.

Here's the analysis. With our tree and 20/20 anomalous Purity of Elements, we need 87 to all resist. T2 is 43-45.

So 2 x T2 on rings and belt give you about 44x2x3 = 264 resists whereas you need 87x3 = 261 resists. If you have T2 resists on helm and glove, then the rerolling is a lot easier, as you'll need only 4 T2 rolls on 3 items.

Without purity it's more painful. I'll let you do the math.

don't worry, i crafted most gear for my characters, so hopefully i wont forget to quality the rings before I start crafting :D And if I do, at least they're relatively cheap.
Still waiting for a decent base to go on Sale as I'm not feeling spending 8 div on a base, when I saw them for 5 div during the week >:(
Generally, if you're still on Astramentis - fixing the resists without Purity isn't that much of a problem. After-all I have 1 rare jewel slot (for CB Immunity) and 2 clusters where I take 3 small passives each. Potentially thats at least 42 res that does not need to come from gear.
But yeah, if you do the switch away from Astra, I probably will have to use Purity =(
Guys I did not played Whispering Ice for a very long time and I wonder whats the budget atm to be able comfortably farm normal bosses like Maven/Sirus/Eater so can work for upgrades towards uber versions?
"
Asag wrote:
Guys I did not played Whispering Ice for a very long time and I wonder whats the budget atm to be able comfortably farm normal bosses like Maven/Sirus/Eater so can work for upgrades towards uber versions?

Two staves with 18% int : 5C.
Stampede with annointment : 100C.
Astramentis with annointment : 60C.
Decent body armour and helmet (without the %int) : 30C each.
Two Heup of all with +6% int corruption : 20C each.
Synth belt with a couple or rerolls with essence of spite : 1div.
Cluster jewels with Cold to the Core and another good notable : 50C. (you can upgrade later to CttC + Blanketed Snow for 2div each, but it's not necessary at first)
Split Personnalities with Int and EV : 10C each (and upgrade later to Int + ES at 100C each).

With that you should be able to clear confortably, that's a bout 3-4div budget. With a couple more div you get awakened or alternate quality gems and a helmet with +10% and you're quite set up for pinnacles. So on a 10div budget, you should be all set up to clear Pinaacle bosses quite efficiently (and you'll be pretty much immortal during mapping).

Getting from there to Ubers is going to be a step up, though.
Hmm, have now raw 9 divines plus some stuff to sell so should be enough to start then, thx for reply.
"
Asag wrote:
Hmm, have now raw 9 divines plus some stuff to sell so should be enough to start then, thx for reply.

My advice: Buy all equip, jewels and gems before switch. Sometimes put 6s on staf, hit the right colors, and hit a good roll on itens with the spite essesnces are expensive.

Without 9k ES, 75 all res, 2k int and lvled/quality gems, will be hard to farm and make currency to future upgrades.
Last edited by whiterockxx on Dec 28, 2022, 12:03:18 PM
Started to buy gear and jewels for the trickster. Bought 3x uncorrupted Nature Affinity becausae wanted to try luck with Vaals because the one with blood immunity is like 3 div.

The 2nd Vaaled jewel:

Me happy :)

ALso is this amulet decent to start with?

Got it for 50c while next similar was for 1 div. Or the dmg per 15 int too good to pass on it?
Last edited by Asag on Dec 28, 2022, 3:36:52 PM
"
Asag wrote:
Started to buy gear and jewels for the trickster. Bought 3x uncorrupted Nature Affinity becausae wanted to try luck with Vaals because the one with blood immunity is like 3 div.

The 2nd Vaaled jewel:

Me happy :)

ALso is this amulet decent to start with?

Got it for 50c while next similar was for 1 div. Or the dmg per 15 int too good to pass on it?

I'd think the +19% int total would make up for it. Try both in the PoB, you should have a bit less damage, but more ES.

For 50C, that's a steal honestly. Nice find!
Last edited by WinterHiko on Dec 28, 2022, 5:24:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info