Getting rid of console's trade market is a death blow to console players

Then why you don't play console if you like the current trade system so much? Looks like you never ever tried to browser 500 pages to find a ring with the stats you need and waste 1 hour of time that could be solved with 30 seconds search by phone on a trade site.[/quote]

I do play console lol, just didn't play much of sentinel after playing most of the leagues from the previous 2 or 3 years pretty hard. Sometimes you need a break. Although now I kind of wish that I played sentinel because recombinators looked awesome and I'll never get to experience because GGG is adamant on not keeping anything that players like about the game.
"

Then why you don't play console if you like the current trade system so much? Looks like you never ever tried to browser 500 pages to find a ring with the stats you need and waste 1 hour of time that could be solved with 30 seconds search by phone on a trade site.

I do play console lol, have all the trophies even. just didn't play much of sentinel after playing most of the leagues from the previous 2 or 3 years pretty hard. Sometimes you need a break. Although now I kind of wish that I played sentinel because recombinators looked awesome and I'll never get to experience because GGG is adamant on not keeping anything that players like about the game.
Last edited by Anton__Chigur on Aug 23, 2022, 6:14:30 AM
They need to keep the current state of trade on console but add buyout for exact offers to trade board, so I can find exact item on website, see seller’s status, make offer on trade board for exact price and immediately receive item, avoiding price fixer’s, tying up currency, and not waiting for someone who may have quit the league.
I still think it's ludicrous that they will be removing the TM

They said we can't have both the website and this.

I would think with all of the problems us console players have had to deal with, it would be okay to let us have both. As like a "sorry about those years of blue screening, waiting 5 days for the league to start, your ps4 literally can't do a lot of things because of the frames and the seriously low playerbase which hurts trade league, we'll let you have both because you'd put up with a lot and stayed loyal to us"

but nah, no empathy or anything.
My guess is they plan on adding full cross-play with POE2 and try to push it for the PS5 and Series X as a "new game". If that is the case, they need to bring everything in line with the PC version before they can merge them. If they do that, then I would be overjoyed to be honest. It would also fix a ton of the console issues with the economy if you merged into the PC market. If they plan on keeping everything siloed, then removing the trade market will kill the game in the long term on consoles and I will go back to 100% PC instead of splitting my time. It will make the already problematic economy due to low players even worse.
i will be getting a refund for the tabs ive purchased that wont work on trade board anymore. i was sold them as a trade board tab. no trade board then my tabs are not the same as purchased. i refuse to be baited and switched. i also wont trade in person. my whispers are shut off.
"
Deaden wrote:
My guess is they plan on adding full cross-play with POE2 and try to push it for the PS5 and Series X as a "new game". If that is the case, they need to bring everything in line with the PC version before they can merge them. If they do that, then I would be overjoyed to be honest. It would also fix a ton of the console issues with the economy if you merged into the PC market. If they plan on keeping everything siloed, then removing the trade market will kill the game in the long term on consoles and I will go back to 100% PC instead of splitting my time. It will make the already problematic economy due to low players even worse.

If they remove the ingame trade board then console is pretty much dead. Small playerbase and no more easy trade for everyday stuff like scarabs. (no one will slog through joinbug frenzy and more just for 1-2 chaos trades)
If they merge with PC then Console will be forever a second class citizen since Console players cannot install any mods. Like the powerful trade tools PC have, note that only these make PC trade remotely bearable.
"
MaxW81 wrote:
"
Deaden wrote:

If they remove the ingame trade board then console is pretty much dead. Small playerbase and no more easy trade for everyday stuff like scarabs. (no one will slog through joinbug frenzy and more just for 1-2 chaos trades)
If they merge with PC then Console will be forever a second class citizen since Console players cannot install any mods. Like the powerful trade tools PC have, note that only these make PC trade remotely bearable.

Agree

If they remove trade board console will die … simple as that

If they merge with pc … good luck compete against them without all the 3rd party tools they use

Ggg been making dumb after dumb decision this last year

I will never join party to trade for everyday stuff and have to go through the party bug restartinh the game all the time

Really really dumb decision

Respect
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
Trade site is way better to search but having to visit someones hideout is just annoying. As someone suggested - search via trade site and then add bids in game tradeboard instead of sending a msg - seems like a good option to me, if proper in game search will not happen.
Wow did they already remove trade market from the Mayhem event?

It is gone from the menu - and when I try to search for anything with the trade market board in town I can't find anything.

Not sure if it is just too early and nobody listed anything or if the entire trade market is non-functional in Mayehem.

It does still work as usual in Kalandra league itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info