[3.19] Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Poison Stone Golem Elementalist

Hi, I wanted to thank you for taking time to create a build guide specific for newbies :) How very nice of you, indeed, although I am not New new, this game is so complicated, that it takes a lot to understand all the mechanics.
So I am very very grateful for you. Thank you again :)
Hi and thanks for the guide! The pantheon upgrade for the minor god is different now, it is Soul of Yugul in the Cursed Crypt map that gives the reduced curse effect.

Following this guide was the first time I ever upgraded the pantheon and it took me a bit to figure out how it all worked, but finally did figure it out!
Hi Odif,
I wanted to thank you for this great build and details. I am still in campaign but having a blast, I am using the two clay shaper's as you suggested.
It's really great. I am also using Molten Shell in addition.
again, I cannot praise you enough for creating a build guide for newbies (although I am not more a newbie but still overwhelmed by all the complicated mechanics)
I am very grateful :)
Hello all.
Sorry I have not been more responsive to feedback.

I think this build did not turn out as well as I had hoped when I wrote it up a few days prior to 3.19 launch.

This was due to me not predicting accurately what all the changes to minions this patch would do.

That being said, I have a solution.

Changing the golems from phys crit, to poison.
Dropping all non golem minions, so no minion survivability issues.

This more than doubles the DPS, with the same gear investment.
(Accourding to PoB)

I am currently playtesting it, and will revise the guide over the next few days.

If you are curious, you can look at my toon "Odif_GO"
GO stands for Golems Only.
Hi Odif,

Thanks for the guide. It was very well written and I found the levelling section especially useful. I haven't played stone golems before but having tried it for the first time this league after taking a break when I quit after a couple of days it's been fun to come back to. I did look into crit scaling but it seemed pretty hard to get going, especially when Clayshaper's do so much for the build. I instead ended up going Impale which seems to be working out ok so far.

It's been great not having to bother with zombies or spectres as I always found them annoying to have to gear for and re-summon. Releases a lot of socket pressure from the build too which was nice. Even not feeling like I had to get unset rings was good as I could get amethyst rings instead and cap my chaos resistance for once!

I still have a bunch of optimisations I need to do on my character before I start attempting the higher map tiers and pinnacle bosses but looking forward to seeing how it copes with them.

I look forward to hearing about how you get on with poison golems as that was definitely something I hadn't considered.

Good Luck :)
Ok
I have done the preliminary changes to the build guide to make it a POISON stone golem elementalist.

I will be added better PoB's in the near future.

The PoB i just posted shows over DOUBLE the damage that the old crit phys version had, with same level of investment.

I am currently testing this new build with a toon called Odif_GO
GO stands for Golems only.

As of my typing this, the toon is in act 9, and I don't play as much as I used to, so it may take a while to get it to red maps to see just how much a difference the higher dps makes.

But already, not having to worry about keeping spectres and zombies alive is a huge QoL improvement.

P.S.
When i am on, and testing, I will be in general chat channel 8123

Last edited by Odif on Sep 13, 2022, 3:01:33 AM
OK
Got my test toon into maps.
Imported it into PoB, and put that PoB in the guide.

Removed all the post 4 stuff about testing the old build, and put in its place a new blog about testing the new poison based build.

I will update it as I progress.
Last edited by Odif on Sep 13, 2022, 6:53:33 PM
Ok, i added a second PoB to the build guide.
This one is for a level 89 toon, with anima stone, with +2 minion helm, +1 all skill gems ammy, 21/20 stone golem gem, other gems at 20/20 and a 4% max res Brass dome.

Dps is 2.5 million shaper dps.
Definitely a very interesting concept Odif.

I have been pleasantly surprised with how well Stone Golems have been going for me. I chose to focus more on physical + impale after giving up on crit pretty early on.

I don't know if you are planning to do another tree of if the one you linked is the final one. Our DPS atm is fairly similar albeit you are still missing your fourth ascendancy.

I'll definitely be considering a poison version in the future.
Odif sure does good build guides

Not sure how this one will turn out towards end game but I doubt it will be strong

I've gone through 7 different builds this league(SSF) including 2 poison ones( soulwrest and HOP -both occultist)

My personal take on stone golems ( at least in SSF where you don't have the stones) is - go for maw of mischief: very cheap for trade league. very doable for SSF. good clear with ignite prolif and amazing boss damage.
Last edited by snowmittens on Sep 19, 2022, 5:35:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info