[3.19] Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Poison Stone Golem Elementalist

"
Rider1860 wrote:
Thanks for the guide. I played ice golems back in blight league on xbox and loved it. I was considering golems for lake of kalandra again and I think I'll give it a go. I do have a few ideas I'll mention.

The new version of covenant along side 4 white socketed triad grips seems like it could be a very interesting way to go into endgame. Might not be worth the loss in defense though and definitely not new player friendly to color craft.

Breathstealer unique gloves have been a powerhouse tool for me in previous leagues with minions. The stats are good, the additional anoint is very versatile, and the spore pods are great in the more stationary content golems excel at.

A few specter mentions are arena master and diabologist. The arena master grants a large buff to attack speed and movement. I actually tested this previously and ended up using him while using necromatic aegis and victario's shield. I expect it will be one of the top contenders after the upcoming charge changes but still unsure. Diabologist is used defensively and was always my 3rd or 4th specter. He casts a very powerful enfeeble curse with a large aoe and frequently. That said he may not be as good if you are constantly casting a curse of your own.

Ambu's charge lost its health regen it looks like which might make it a lot less desirable on animate guardian but leer cast got buffed a bit. I'm considering leer cast and dying breath until I can get a better chest. gharukan's flight got a large buff to health regeneration and might be the way to go there.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ya 4 white socket triad gloves + new covenant would be a HUGE dps increase, and an even BIGGER defensive loss.
Too much defensive loss in my opinion, but for those that like glass cannons...

Arena Masters are great.
I am waiting to see what the collective group mind comes up with for best specter, and then I will alter the guide.
Chieftains are a good start, easy to get.

Hrm, I will have to come up with something new for the low budget chest for the AG.
Would you say this build is viable in HC?
"
FlamingSB wrote:
Would you say this build is viable in HC?

I have never payed HC, so I am not sure, but my guess is "no"

It has good defenses, but for HC I would want insane defenses.
Thanks for this detailed guide for a newbie like me! Much appreciated. I'll start with this since I love golems :)
Hello, I'm a 2014 returning player and I'm currently using this build on 3.18 Standard.

I knew the basics even though a lot has changed. I have to commend how nice the leveling experience was. I never struggled, even without good/leveling gear (I purposefully didn't use my tabula, if that's still meta hah).

Now that I've hit what we used to call end-game (now it's red maps?) I'm starting to struggle, a lot. I avoid horrible modifiers but even white maps are a bit too much for me. Yellows I can do a bit better but still die easily if it's a rare.

I die very easily which I admit is due to me being clumsy and just lacking skill. Though I would like to know what I could improve on my build.

Here is the PoB (and I hope it works): https://pastebin.com/78iqsGBX

I'm unfortunatly not that rich as currency was a lot rarer back in the day, though I could spend some chaos and 7 divines (now that ex is dead).

Any help is appreciated and once again thank you for a guide that is PERFECT for beginners!
"
Elinvynia wrote:
Hello, I'm a 2014 returning player and I'm currently using this build on 3.18 Standard.

I knew the basics even though a lot has changed. I have to commend how nice the leveling experience was. I never struggled, even without good/leveling gear (I purposefully didn't use my tabula, if that's still meta hah).

Now that I've hit what we used to call end-game (now it's red maps?) I'm starting to struggle, a lot. I avoid horrible modifiers but even white maps are a bit too much for me. Yellows I can do a bit better but still die easily if it's a rare.

I die very easily which I admit is due to me being clumsy and just lacking skill. Though I would like to know what I could improve on my build.

Here is the PoB (and I hope it works): https://pastebin.com/78iqsGBX

I'm unfortunatly not that rich as currency was a lot rarer back in the day, though I could spend some chaos and 7 divines (now that ex is dead).

Any help is appreciated and once again thank you for a guide that is PERFECT for beginners!

2 of your rare items have no life.
2 of them have low life rolls.
Thus you have less than 4k life.
That is rough in higher maps.

Also, as soon as you can afford it, get a brass dome body armor, it is a HUGE, i mean HUGE defensive buff.
(even a 5 link, if you dont mind the dps loss)

Similarly anoint Prismatic Skin when you get a worthy amulet.

P.S.
The build guide was written with 3.19 in mind, I.E. options for minion shields and rings that dont exist yet in 3.18.

P.P.S.
You are finding first hand why playing standard without lots of wealth is hard.
Its easy to get starter gear, but good gear is insanely expensive.

I recommend restarting in the new league tomorrow.
Last edited by Odif on Aug 18, 2022, 12:30:29 PM
Hi

Quick question. What you think about elementalist stone golem with primordial chain this league?
As i understand necro with spectres had advantage due to high scalig of power/frenzy charges and +3 in ascendancy , but as charges got significant nerf and clayshapers got buffed woudn't this version be bitt better now or at lest simillary vaiable with bitt better clear speed?

If yes woud you need any bigger changes to your current tree?

Im not big in to minions but i played stone gollems necro one time and it was quite fun and wanted to play primordial chain version. And I just dont know how it would perform this league as no one mention it at all this league.
Last edited by szpax83 on Aug 18, 2022, 1:54:49 PM
Elivynia. Vendor that tabula for 6 Divine orbs before the season starts. After that they’ll become cheap again in standard and you can augment your currency.
Do you think this build can do heist at around lvl58?

Thanks!
"
szpax83 wrote:
Hi

Quick question. What you think about elementalist stone golem with primordial chain this league?
As i understand necro with spectres had advantage due to high scalig of power/frenzy charges and +3 in ascendancy , but as charges got significant nerf and clayshapers got buffed woudn't this version be bitt better now or at lest simillary vaiable with bitt better clear speed?

If yes woud you need any bigger changes to your current tree?

Im not big in to minions but i played stone gollems necro one time and it was quite fun and wanted to play primordial chain version. And I just dont know how it would perform this league as no one mention it at all this league.

Primordial Chain sucks!
The movespeed in NO WAY compensates for the massive loss of damage and life on your golems.

If you happen to drop one at level 34 you can use it for a while, but I don't recommend it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info