I'm confused by fire trap nerf

It doesn't even do that much damage right now.

I have an rf char on ssf and it's ok but the single target is mediocre. At least at my investment level.

I dont have a +2 scepter but I have ashes. My scepter is ok

More damage than a +1 with multi.

But with the nerf it's going to feel fucking awful.

Are people really doing tens of millions to justify a 25% damage nerf???

/EDIT

from what i gather here it got nerfed cus it was popular not stong?

thats literally foolish
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Last edited by RitualMurder on Aug 9, 2022, 12:44:14 PM
Last bumped on Aug 11, 2022, 7:02:48 AM
i bet they just nerf it because its the no1 meta build right now
fire trap was always incredible early DoT damage. amazing for leveling, terrible for mapping.
its damage should be high because of its delay, low AoE, and static placement.

funny thing is, they're buffing the level 1 damage but nerfing its lvl 20 damage, with its cross over probably around the lvl 10 mark or so. this gem will still be awesome for leveling, which is what it was mostly used for anyway.

that said, a max of 4170 DoT damage on the top end isn't anything to write home about, especially because of its downsides mentioned above.

and, well i quit at this time, but didn't they essentially change it so you can't use elemental overload and elemental equilibrium for DoT skills now, or something?
like EO has to be applied by the skill (so i guess fire trap can still use this), but EE is...i dunno its different in some ridiculous way which makes it not worth using, or something?

anyway i was on a real scorching ray build kick during those days and those changes killed that fun - because reasons. we all know SR and other skills like that were just dominating the leagues, AMIRITE?
more of GGG just making changes to try to kick the top builds/skills down a peg, while obliterating everything but the top builds/skills. lol
In the RF builds I don't think most of us got it to a point of scaling crazy high - and the ones that did focused on damage output over survivability, tho they would generally be running a mageblood so that freed up a lot.

They definitely seem to be targeting popular more than anything atm. The wording still really irritates me though, such and such providing too much for the "investment".
Yep, totally over league play.
I deal 580million dps with EACH fire trap on my cow character (the lvl 100 one)
and it is just mid-tier gear.

Dealing 350mil or so after the nerf will not even be visible difference in any content.

In my opinion they should nerf it by 90% but they did not want too big of community backlash so they will do 25% this league, 25% next and 25% next

which will leave it with like 30k dps 3 patches from now and people will simply switch to something else at that point.

But this league I'd still recommend it as go-to budget build, and for next one too unless we get new overtuned skill gems
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
This ones really easy to explain

They buffed every spell with a cast component (so traps too AFAIK) by 45% in AN, but fire trap was the only one that had its DoT component buffed as well.

That's pretty much it. It is pretty overpowered at its current value too one of the best skills/investment due the DoT being so high and exacerbated by RF being the build of choice for many players right now.
RF & Fire Trap. How to be a firelands Andy. Literal 2 skills being played at the 12% rate this league. Meh. Glad they got nerfed.

Now just for the siesmic trap & dreamfeather nerfs.
100 people towns with hang out fields. Witcher taverns. Free hair style options. IRO War of Emperium gvg map.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ChillyFrailLobsterPMSTwin-jQe3D4Yt2ZttgsdA

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/15cetf5/new_frigid_bond_support_love_u_guys/
Last edited by RuneLuthien on Aug 9, 2022, 7:32:30 AM
rf builds still gonna use fire trap for single target everyone gonna play same builds as before only they gonna feel worse nothing changed wich is why no one likes these changes
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Aug 9, 2022, 8:30:25 AM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

They buffed every spell with a cast component (so traps too AFAIK) by 45% in AN, but fire trap was the only one that had its DoT component buffed as well.

That's pretty much it. It is pretty overpowered at its current value too one of the best skills/investment due the DoT being so high and exacerbated by RF being the build of choice for many players right now.

really? then why aren't players using scorching ray, as most RF builds used to do? it still does 25% more damage, before being buffed and before FT gets nerfed, and it also applies fire exposure. getting cast speed is much easier than trap throwing speed, and the mechanics of SR are vastly better for single target (the damage doesn't drop off even after you stop casting to move. as long as you touch them with the beam before the timer drops off the damage remains at max)

not sure what fire trap has over scorching ray at all. again, im not playing the game, nor have i for a long while, but i've played these skills for leagues over and i can't seem to see what people are claiming
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

really? then why aren't players using scorching ray, as most RF builds used to do? it still does 25% more damage, before being buffed and before FT gets nerfed, and it also applies fire exposure. getting cast speed is much easier than trap throwing speed, and the mechanics of SR are vastly better for single target (the damage doesn't drop off even after you stop casting to move. as long as you touch them with the beam before the timer drops off the damage remains at max)

not sure what fire trap has over scorching ray at all. again, im not playing the game, nor have i for a long while, but i've played these skills for leagues over and i can't seem to see what people are claiming

fire exposure is useless you can get it for free from gloves implicit using eater of world/exarch currency and sorching ray requires you to stand still to ramp up damage when fire trap you can throw and move around that already gives you much more survivability becuz standing still in poe means DEATH
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Aug 9, 2022, 9:52:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info