... I'm sick of reading 90% of threads

"
Nubatron wrote:
Coming to General Discussion was the dumbest thing I ever did in this game. Every time a new person posts for the first time and I see it, my advice is always the same: avoid the stationary noob trap skills/bonuses, manage your expectations and leave GD and never come back.

In fairness this isnt the players, or existing community members, fault. The forums were not always this way. Imo, which I suppose is debatable, its largely been abandoned by GGG. The traffic here is a fraction of what it used to be, in favor of Reddit and Twitter, for reasons I do not fully understand.

That said, PoE being new player hostile has less to do with information here or on third party sites, but more to do with how GGG has designed the game.

Your thoughts on steering people away from GD (and the site in general), while not exactly "wrong", is really an indictment on GGG for fostering this type of situation and atmosphere in the first place.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Aug 9, 2022, 10:14:33 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
Coming to General Discussion was the dumbest thing I ever did in this game. Every time a new person posts for the first time and I see it, my advice is always the same: avoid the stationary noob trap skills/bonuses, manage your expectations and leave GD and never come back.

In fairness this isnt the players, or existing community members, fault. The forums were not always this way. Imo, which I suppose is debatable, its largely been abandoned by GGG. The traffic here is a fraction of what it used to be, in favor of Reddit and Twitter, for reasons I do not fully understand.

That said, PoE being new player hostile has less to do with information here or on third party sites, but more to do with how GGG has designed the game.

Your thoughts on steering people away from GD (and the site in general), while not exactly "wrong", is really an indictment on GGG for fostering this type of situation and atmosphere in the first place.

I found it to be less than friendly on many occasions and lacking basic forum mechanisms since I first came here. There are absolutely exceptions to that and I've enjoyed conversations on here with plenty of people. But I can't decide if it's because I can't look away from the train wreck, or because there have been occasions of good conversation. I think it might be the former.

Reddit does provide plenty of the forum mechanisms you would expect here. But Reddit does seem to have a thriving community, so why try to replace it? They provide a forum for people that hate Reddit. That seems like a solid good enough situation.

Sure they could do more. But why would they when the need is already met?
Last edited by Nubatron on Aug 9, 2022, 10:28:40 AM
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

I found it to be less than friendly on many occasions and lacking basic forum mechanisms since I first came here. There are absolutely exceptions to that and I've enjoyed conversations on here with plenty of people. But I can't decide if it's because I can't look away from the train wreck, or because there have been occasions of good conversation. I think it might be the former.

Reddit does provide plenty of the forum mechanisms you would expect here. But Reddit does seem to have a thriving community, so why try to replace it? They provide a forum for people that hate Reddit. That seems like a solid good enough situation.

Sure they could do more. But why would they when the need is already met?

That wasnt what I was suggesting. In today's day and age you need a presence on Reddit and Twitter (and Twitch) from a marketing and communication standpoint.

My overall thought was this doesnt have to be an "either or" situation. I'm sure they have considered this, but I personally I would have preferred the main website be primary, with other outlets as secondary player outreach.

But again that's up to GGG. They can do whatever they feel is best, regardless of how I feel about it.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Aug 9, 2022, 10:38:04 AM
General Discussion is place for bored people to visit before start of the new league to talk shit and (mostly) complain about new changes.
If youi are looking for any meangifull discussion, better look on reddit. (that is if they wont get downvoted to oblivion)
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
The traffic here is a fraction of what it used to be, in favor of Reddit and Twitter, for reasons I do not fully understand.

I don't know if it's only me but I feel there has been an increment in the forum activity since last league.
Don't read a forum specially when you're already burnt out. It is most of the time used to vent out frustrations and complaints by burnt out people.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
dragomirrr wrote:
and in that case i would only said THANK YOU GGG for everything you've done

Most of the people who complain about things only do so in an effort to improve POE. Honestly I have mostly given up the hope that POE will ever be able to appeal to people outside its niece of being interesting to plan/build character templates for.

They have needed to improved gameplay for years, they only time they attempted it was legion with better melee animations and no one even noticed past act 1.

Now that the really is in its deaththrows population wize I don't see GGG being able to invest the money required to make any sweeping changes that are so badly needed.
Last edited by Gravel86 on Aug 11, 2022, 5:39:39 AM
"
Gravel86 wrote:
"
dragomirrr wrote:
and in that case i would only said THANK YOU GGG for everything you've done

Most of the people who complain about things only do so in an effort to improve POE. Honestly I have mostly given up the hope that POE will ever be able to appeal to people outside its niece of being interesting to plan/build character templates for.

They have needed to improved gameplay for years, they only time they attempted it was legion with better melee animations and no one even noticed past act 1.

Now that the really is in its deaththrows population wize I don't see GGG being able to invest the money required to make any sweeping changes that are so badly needed.

So it's GGG fault you can't beat any end game boss since 2013? And YET you complain that PoE still gonna be zoom zoom? Haha. For you Diablo 4 is gonna better but you know why? Because it's casual friendly, they gonna hold your hand so u can feel powerful.
"
Gravel86 wrote:

Most of the people who complain about things only do so in an effort to improve POE.

Nah, most people who complain on the forums, I have found, only do so to make the game more easy mode than it already is.

People still complaining about AN mobs.

Bunch of skill issue threads.

"
Gravel86 wrote:
They have needed to improved gameplay for years,

Not sure what this means. Way too broad, false and true in a lot of ways as well.

Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info