Summon distance bug (Animated Weapon)

I can't summon animated weapons unless I am standing on top of my bladefall blades or any dropped weapon. The maximum distance I can summon is around character length. If I cast on anything further away it takes my mana and does the animation but nothing is summoned. My friend said when I do so on his POV my character isn't even casting.

I was told by someone in global that someone else was having a similar bug but they couldn't remember how said person fixed it.

Does anyone know anything about this? It's quite miserable for a summoning heavy build.
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2022, 11:13:16 PM
Is this on gamepad or mouse and keyboard?

I seem to be able to cast it fine with bladefall, but maybe it's got something to do with your settings perhaps?
Mechanic Misconception:

Are your minions "randomly dying"? Do you have the Fleshcrafter unique equipped?
If you answered "Yes" to both of these, high chance is that your minions have over 50% chaos resistance, converting 100% of their HP into ES, killing them.
Darn, I forgot to mention that this is on xbox. And I believe it likely does but I am really unsure of what could be causing this.
Last edited by Sizzlebuzz on Jun 6, 2022, 3:33:21 PM
Still persisting. I have tried alternate mode and I have unequipped some gems to re-equip them. I have looked in options and have not found a fix.
XBox bugs go in the console bug forum, not here.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Thanks for your report. I've passed this on to be fixed.
Now that this is in the right place, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
"
Sizzlebuzz wrote:
Now that this is in the right place, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Have you tried using it with a Spell Totem or Trap support to see if they can target properly?
... is not a troll
"
trollkind1 wrote:
"
Sizzlebuzz wrote:

Have you tried using it with a Spell Totem or Trap support to see if they can target properly?

No I have not. My curses and spells have normal distance so I assume a totem will act normally too. It seems to be a bug with my character attempting to summon. If I try to summon zombies it seems to have the same issue. I can get a spell totem and test it out to see if it's a bug with AW itself but I don't think it is.
Last edited by Sizzlebuzz on Jun 9, 2022, 7:34:31 PM
Oh, it's with other item/corpse targeting skills too? What a weird bug.
Shouldn't cast when it doesn't have a valid target. What do you have AW linked to currently and what item is it in?
I just checked if Raise Zombie or AW go into corpse targeting mode if you long press the button like it does with Raise Spectre but unfortunately they don't.

Just bought an AW gem too and it's the same for me. When I'm far away from any weapon on the ground, nothing happens when I press the skill. When I'm at a medium distance where I would expect it to work, I spam the casting animation and pay mana but the weapon is not animated and only when, like you said about a character length distance, it actually works.

Raise Zombie seems to work as expected for me though. The range is only about half a screen though so it may seem similarly short but it also doesn't spam cast when it doesn't actually target anything/works. Dos it do that for you similarly to the AW issue?
... is not a troll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info