When a Custom Filter is Selected, The Game Loads No Filter by Default

Hey GGG,

I play on an Xbox Series X. I make my own filters on your website. Every time I turn on play Path of Exile, the game loads NO filter. It doesn't matter which character I select, which league I select my character from, or which custom filter I finished playing with on my previous session, the game loads with NO filter selected.

I don't know if this is related or not but the Options Menu from the Splash Screen (the character selection screen) doesn't allow users to select their custom filters. It's only once they have selected a character that they can select their custom filter.

Let me know if you need any other information.

https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on May 30, 2022, 3:31:22 PM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2022, 12:46:00 PM
Hi Wrecker *fist bump*
All I can contribute is that it seems that they removed the error and status text for filters on consoles so if they fail, they do so silently. I remember having problems getting my filters to select and work at league start. If you use Filterblade and synch from there, there may be an error message popup there if there is something wrong.
Otherwise maybe try removing the filter from your account and re-adding it. It's a shame that they took our ability to debug our self with the removal of the filter feedback. I hope it's an oversight and will be fixed eventually. It was also nice to see the last update date for subscribed filters and if you already synched to your latest edits.
... is not a troll
Thanks for your report.

This sounds like your systems temp folder is being wiped, do you power your system down when not in use?

I've passed this on for improvements but you should be able to circumvent this by putting your console in Sleep Mode instead of powering it down.
"
trollkind1 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker *fist bump*
All I can contribute is that it seems that they removed the error and status text for filters on consoles so if they fail, they do so silently. I remember having problems getting my filters to select and work at league start. If you use Filterblade and synch from there, there may be an error message popup there if there is something wrong.
Otherwise maybe try removing the filter from your account and re-adding it. It's a shame that they took our ability to debug our self with the removal of the filter feedback. I hope it's an oversight and will be fixed eventually. It was also nice to see the last update date for subscribed filters and if you already synched to your latest edits.
Hey, trollkind1! *Fist Bump*

Thanks for the response. The filters work, they just have to be re-selected every time I log in. GGG's website gives error messages when someone tries to finalize a filter that has conflicts as well. I appreciate the post! Thanks for the effort! *slightly harder fist bump than before to show appreciation.*

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Adam_GGG wrote:
Thanks for your report.

This sounds like your systems temp folder is being wiped, do you power your system down when not in use?

I've passed this on for improvements but you should be able to circumvent this by putting your console in Sleep Mode instead of powering it down.
Thanks, Adam!

I appreciate the response and the workaround! I won't be using the workaround for reasons I'll mention below, but I'm glad the bug will get looked at even though it's a "convenience" bug. You're fantastic! I hope your shift is going well.

(Sleep mode, unfortunately, causes issues with some games. I broadcast everything I do (for funsies). I have found with my Series X (and older generation Xboxes too) that I'll come across spontaneous visual, memory, or graphical glitches mid-session that are normally solved by restarting the console. I obviously don't want to do that mid-broadcast, so it's something I avoid. But those same issues don't show up if I fully power down my console at the end of each session. Plus, there's no benefit using Xbox's Quick Resume and/or Sleep Mode with games that require a constant online connection as the game needs to be re-loaded when they come back to play as the user will be disconnected from the games' servers for being idle too long. So the game needs to be manually closed and rebooted anyway. Anyway, just some feedback on Sleep Mode in Xbox Land. (Oh! We're also penny-pinchers. So no sleep mode for that reason too ;).))

Annnnnd

I had the same thing on a PS4 pro: custom filter didn't load. In the options it was selected, but not applied at all.

I think it happened after the 'd' patch - I was using a custom filter on league start and that was fine.
Last edited by superdreddie on Jun 4, 2022, 10:48:49 AM
I'm actually getting this issue now too. Haven't touched my filter that was selected fine before but it started happening after I tidied up my stash and did two maps in Standard SSF and then went back to Sentinel.
But that might also be the time the d patch arrived.

Edit: I'm on a standard PS4 which is only put into rest mode.
... is not a troll
Last edited by trollkind1 on Jun 5, 2022, 10:57:54 AM
It been like this atleast since last endgame got added, but I think before on my ps5. When I select character and load the game it never remembers what custom filter I used last session, It just fells back on "custom" if I press to select it will automatic select the last used thought, but it would be more handy not to be neeeded to select this everytime you start the game. It worked some leagues ago, but not anymore. A bit unsure when it occured, but long time ago atleast! I almost never power my ps5 off btw, and no sleep mode either, it's always powered on, except for a reboot once or twice a month...
Just want to add, if I push Options (Triangle) on Boot screen and push List of Item filters I have none of my customs which I can choose... That might be the reason it always goes back to Default when restarting game as first part of game would not load custom filters?
Using your filter and it's been borked for weeks and still doesn't work, literally at all. PS4. Doesn't show at all in start menu, in-game if I have it set it shows everything. And I do mean everything. Ugh. Have deleted and grabbed again. Have patch etc. So tired of everything just breaking every other week.

Edit and the map keeps 're-fogging'. Again.
Last edited by kohudosentti on Jun 20, 2022, 6:29:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info