Who is ready for 3.19 already?

I know I am. This patch has taken the wind right out of my sails for this league. The lack of transparency with how widespread the AN mods would be used is frustrating.

Patch 3.17 felt like such a good direction, but some people were finishing the game too fast? Who are these people? Took me plenty long enough to complete the goals I set out for myself. Now I'm expected to take longer to achieve the same things? What's the incentive?
Last bumped on Jul 11, 2022, 12:44:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You think things are going to change in 3.19 or 3.20 or PoE 2/4.0? You have more optimism than I do.
Announcing ArchArchNemesis league.

Chris has decided that the game was not hard enough so we're introducing newer, more difficult mods to our CORE monster mod pool.

as a teaser for you to know what to expect, we now have monsters that are immune to minion damage or even attack damage! now players have to learn how to engage with content in EVEN MORE meaningful ways!

also, we found that the uber bosses were not strong enough, we're releasing newer UBER UBER pinnacle bosses. they now come with more aoe, multiple projectiles and frequently have PERMANENT area denials. we expect only the top poe players to ever complete this challenge.

as usual we have tested them extensively so rest assured, its gonna be difficult and hard just the way chris envisioned it.

also, please stop using melee strike skills, we're not going to delete them but we can let you know here and now, that they're mechanically weaker and we dont expect people using 2 handed heavy strike to be able to even scratch the new uber uber content.
[Removed by Support]
"
Durf wrote:
Patch 3.17 felt like such a good direction, but some people were finishing the game too fast? Who are these people? Took me plenty long enough to complete the goals I set out for myself. Now I'm expected to take longer to achieve the same things? What's the incentive?

I don't think it was intended as a player retention thing, they have wanted to make magic and rare monsters relevant again for a long time. But a side effect of the way they tried to implement it was the game felt more grindy this league.

It killed my enthusiasm too, where during 3.17 or even 3.13 I wanted to keep playing even after I had finished all of my goals. I wanted to enjoy this league but I ended up quitting after finishing my atlas because it wasn't fun. You pretty much nailed the sentiment, its largely the same game but slower and less rewarding than it was last league.

Maybe with the exception of Recombinators, but I'm hesitant to enjoy them because I know there is zero chance they are getting added to core with how powerful they are. Kind of tired of having a cool mechanic added to the game only for it to be gutted/removed the next patch.

"
Jkennytech wrote:
You think things are going to change in 3.19 or 3.20 or PoE 2/4.0? You have more optimism than I do.

We've had rough patches before, they usually get ironed out. I also think 3.19 will be a better league after all of this.

Last edited by jerot on May 25, 2022, 11:47:52 PM
"
exsea wrote:

as a teaser for you to know what to expect, we now have monsters that are immune to minion damage or even attack damage! now players have to learn how to engage with content in EVEN MORE meaningful ways!

I can not stopping laughing on immune to minion damage, this is a good one.
IGN: Linsfamily_ST
Honestly? I will probably drop this game completely. The Devs are hell bent on making a game that is just flat out not fun for me. I don't see them changing their ways (Dev Ego is the real PoE killer).

So 3.19 tomorrow or 2 months from now, makes zero difference to me. I quit this league 3 days in, I keep lurking to see if the patches will make the game fun again, and they have not. At least for me. I play games for fun, not frustration, and this game is nothing more than an exercise in frustration. Going forward, AN makes the game unable to be enjoyed. I can't see the Devs not going core with it, their Egos simply won't let them. The whales keep them paid, they will continue to muck up their own game.

No. I'm more interested in POE2 tbh.

I think 10 years of running through similar contents is enough. This game just keep getting more and more bloat I think it's overdue for a massive clean up already.

Or maybe I should try to find another game that is actually interesting enough to make me stick around for this long; majority of games in most cases only have enough flair to keep me stick around for 1 month...

This game is good, interesting, addictive. But pilling more and more ridiculous monster bullshit, inaccessible RNG contents, more UBER UBER UBER UBER bosses... just isn't something I interested to see. / Interesting mechanism, funny and memorable character like Ultimatum is what I wanted to have.
Last edited by xonedl on May 26, 2022, 12:55:25 AM
"
jerot wrote:
Maybe with the exception of Recombinators, but I'm hesitant to enjoy them because I know there is zero chance they are getting added to core with how powerful they are.

That is the reason they made the Recombinators, I think. This league is hard, and hard to overcome without the help of Recombinators.

The message is clear.

You need Recombinators. You should use them, or will perish...
3.19 wont be any different. they are focusing 90% of their time on poe 2 so every league until then will be an untested mess.
I am ready for 3.13 to be back.

Dropped this league on a 3rd day.
Because obvious reasons.

Just checking sometimes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info