Can't use 1920x1080 in fullscreen

Hello, I am completely unable to play in 1920x1080 in full screen. I can't go further than 1680x1050. I tried to modify by the config file, it works but after an ALT+TAB the game goes back to 1680.

Solutions ?
Thank you :)
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2024, 1:35:17 PM
No solutions sadly.

Had the same issue since 3.17 Sentinel launch. Native 1920x1080 resolution is the only one not working. Affects all renderers, and modifying the config file doesn't work. Windowed fullscreen works, but it has worse performance on my 970 TI. Very irritating.

Same issue here, I tried the last 3 Nvidia drivers to see if its a driver issue but it did not help.
Tried all three renderers and its only the 1920x 1080p (native res) that does not seem to apply.
My game also makes my Monitor turn black while switching to full screen which it did not do before this league .
Hoping to get an answer from GGG on this.
Posting yet again about this issue and even having the same weird resolution as OP.
same problem
Yes a very odd issue, I have the same thing.
Same problem, can select any res but 1920×1080 native in fullscreen mode.
Works in windowed fullscreen but the performance is bad.
Same in dx11, dx12, and vulcan.
Only since 3.18; always worked good before.
-- j
----
Solved (doh) by going through the General Troubleshooting Guide steps up to Clear your client's config files.
Renamed %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile to .bak.
All tickety-boo now.
-- j
----
Posted this on another thread but thought It might help some here as well.

I've been having the same problem since 3.18 as well.

I seem to have found a workaround for the time being.

If you edit your production.config file (I use notepad), then copy it to another folder (I paste it into "my games").

I edited fullscreen to "true"
Resolution values to "1920" x "1080" (see below).

resolution_width=1920
fullscreen=true
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
resolution_height=1080
texture_quality=1
maximize_window=true

After the edit, I save, then cut and paste to "my games".

I then copy/paste the file from "my games" back into the POE folder.
I don't open the pasted file.
Close the poe folder.
On the desktop I right-click: refresh (not sure if this is important).

With any luck you should see the game try to update a patch (I think it's looking for the "new" config file), then it loads in fullscreen at 1920x1080.

Hope this helps!
This problem still exists for me as of now in Lake of Kalandra (8th September 2022). I can not run the game at fullscreen in 1080p resolution.
Tried every possible fix but it wont work.
Be it dx12 or vulkan or dx11.
Is this a known issue or intended, would love to get some answer from GGG staff.
Summary: Game only runs in 1080 in windowed fullscreen (dx12, vulkan, dx11)
When you switch to fullscreen mode, the resolution bugs out and flickers ( some random resolution like 1605x1101), if you try to switch to 1080p resolution while in this mode it just switches back to this weird resolution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info