Does 'when you deal a critical strike' work with totems?

I have a flask with '27% chance to get a flask charge when you deal a critical strike'. Can my totems proc it when they crit? I know it says 'YOU' but... from wiki :

"

However, totems can benefit from some on-kill effects such as explosions (e.g. caused by Haemophilia gloves or Gladiator's bleed explosions). Even though those effects specify that they will work when you kill the enemy, they function when your totems are credited with kills. Another working effect is the application of on-hit curses granted by corrupted implicits on gloves, unique explicits (notably Temporal Chains on Asenath's Gentle Touch), or influenced/delve rings; totems will apply them as if you applied them (tested and confirmed Dec. 2020 using Ballistas).

so there seems to be some exceptions. That is why I'm asking to be 100% sure. Thanks!
Last bumped on May 22, 2022, 5:08:18 AM
If that was among the stats that was inherited by your totems, your totems would gain the flask charge.

I do not believe that this is part of the stats that your totems inherit when they use your skill, but it is difficult to describe the rules that lead to this conclusion.
I mean it is a wording problem. If totems can hit and apply a curse though it says 'when YOU hit...' then why can't they give a flask charge on crit? Rithorical question :D I wish GGG made this a bit more clear.
It works with your damage, and traps, totems, and mines. Doesn't work with minions (would need to be ally- or minion-specific.)
^The guy above somehow made totems/traps/mines having and using flasks. Lucky them.

For the rest of players this mod gives flask charges when your character crits, not proxies.

"
Garfunkel wrote:
I mean it is a wording problem. If totems can hit and apply a curse though it says 'when YOU hit...' then why can't they give a flask charge on crit? Rithorical question :D I wish GGG made this a bit more clear.
There's no "you" in such stats, their wording is e.g. "Curse Enemies with Frostbite on Hit".
But Haemophilia gloves descripiton says 'Bleeding Enemies YOU Kill Explode, dealing 5%...' but they still explode even if totems killed them.

Also how can i curse enemies 'on hit' if I don't hit them? My totems do
Last edited by Garfunkel on May 21, 2022, 12:29:38 PM
I think the general rule is that on-hit effects apply their effects to enemies work with traps, mines, and totems, but other effects do not. For example, I once played a Scion with Elemental Equilibrium and the Chieftain (cover enemies in Ash on hit) and Inquisitor (create consecrated ground when you hit an enemy) ascendancies. My mines could apply EE and ash, but I had to hit enemies myself to create consecrated ground, which is a ground effect and not applied to any specific enemy.
"
Garfunkel wrote:
Also how can i curse enemies 'on hit' if I don't hit them? My totems do
First off, I'm not advocating game wording here. Yes it's sometimes confusing when it comes to you/your even for veterans, not to mention new players. I just pointed out that your example was not really appropriate (I should've exclude the other sentances from the first quote leaving only the question).
It doesn't specify who should hit to apply the hex. So it procs on your hit, on totem hit, on trap hit. Not on minions' of course, they have their own skills unlike totems/traps/etc.

"
Garfunkel wrote:
But Haemophilia gloves descripiton says 'Bleeding Enemies YOU Kill Explode, dealing 5%...' but they still explode even if totems killed them.
No, they don't explode when totems kill them. They explode when bleeding, inflicted by totems kill them. This matters cuz kills obtained via ailments and some other DoTs credit to you (no matter who inlicted them) due to old but known bug.

Having said that there are many cases where "you" is mentioned but it works with proxies anyways, but I don't wanna overload this reply even more considering my next part of the answer.

"
ekaye wrote:
I think the general rule is that on-hit effects apply their effects to enemies work with traps, mines, and totems, but other effects do not. For example, I once played a Scion with Elemental Equilibrium and the Chieftain (cover enemies in Ash on hit) and Inquisitor (create consecrated ground when you hit an enemy) ascendancies. My mines could apply EE and ash, but I had to hit enemies myself to create consecrated ground, which is a ground effect and not applied to any specific enemy.
I did some tests not so long ago full story here, turned out traps/mines that continiously hit (like blade trap or lightning spire trap) are able to proc Scion's "10% chance to create Consecrated Ground when you Hit a Rare or Unique Enemy" while instant hitting traps/mines can't (I belive you used one of them).
An another example where proxies also count as "when you" (according to EA ballista players) is Polaric Devastation's "Cover Enemies in Ash for 5 seconds when you Ignite them".
Ok thank to y'all for the replys guys! The main point here that 'charges from crits' on flasks can't be proc'ed by my totems. I got it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info