Does Zealotry work on mines?

My understanding is that Zealotry will not generate consecrated ground via mines but will otherwise fully apply.
Украина в моём сердце
"
kaijyuu2 wrote:
My understanding is that Zealotry will not generate consecrated ground via mines but will otherwise fully apply.

it should generate consecrated ground. mines are not you but they use your hits. when a hit is about to do something to an enemy (apply debuff or whatever) it will work but when the hit should grant something to you (leech, charges, buffs..) then it does not work.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jan 24, 2022, 5:36:36 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
kaijyuu2 wrote:

it should generate consecrated ground. mines are not you but they use your hits. when a hit is about to do something to an enemy (apply debuff or whatever) it will work but when the hit should grant something to you (leech, charges, buffs..) then it does not work.

Mines use your stats, they do not use your hits, whatever that even means.
Mines are seperate entities and neither "allies" or "you" therefore zealotry does not create any conc ground through mines.
Also it no longer works on minions.

But all damage boni from the aura affect the player and therefore affects the damage output you do through mines.

In short: conc ground through Zealotry can only be created by players directly.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Last edited by KalHirol on Jan 25, 2022, 5:10:43 PM
"
KalHirol wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
kaijyuu2 wrote:

Mines use your stats, they do not use your hits, whatever that even means.
Mines are seperate entities and neither "allies" or "you" therefore zealotry does not create any conc ground through mines.
Also it no longer works on minions.

But all damage boni from the aura affect the player and therefore affects the damage output you do through mines.

In short: conc ground through Zealotry can only be created by players directly.

Im afraid you are wrong my friend.. they use your hits. If they havent, lot of things would not work either. culling strike, ailments, debuffs, etc etc.. they use your chance to poison, your chance to freeze, your culling strike, your chance to create consecrated ground on hit..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jan 26, 2022, 6:37:31 AM
I investigated a bit and it turned out pretty interesting.

"
Aragorn14 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3086216

Note: SirGuy got his answer in the second mechanics thread, which he then highlighted. Also note his edited TLDR at the top.
This guy invested that much effort to test and report the bug: Trap and mine skills don't proc Zealotry's consecrated ground if they hit instantly after triggering. He got an answer from GGG
"
How do player auras (e.g. Zealotry) interact with skills used by traps/mines? There appears to be a delay after a trap/mine triggers/detonates before the skill is fully 'affected' by the aura. This bug demonstrates the effect but how do trap/mine skills interact with player Auras to create this effect instead of just always being affected by the aura?

Traps and mines being affected by auras is a bug and will be fixed at some point. What's currently happening is that traps and mines are inherently hidden once armed, and effectively cease to exist for most purposes. Once they start to use their skill, they stop being hidden. Currently, this allows auras to start affecting the trap/mine object at that point, which should not happen. Auras take up to 250ms to start affecting a new object, so the aura currently starts affecting the trap or mine some point between one frame or 250ms after it starts using the skill.
And further clarification
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
That specific stat granted by the Zealotry aura is checked on the stats of the object doing the hitting, not the skill that's being used to do the hitting. This is intentional.
Currently in-game trap/mine skills that hit after delay proc consecrated ground (from Zealotry), and those that hit instantly do not. So... this is because the aura wrongly affect mines/traps? Guess what?

I tested this on Scion-Inquisitor which have the same stat - "10% chance to create Consecrated Ground when you Hit a Rare or Unique Enemy, lasting 8 seconds" with turned Zealotry off and the interaction is exactly the same.

https://youtu.be/tNu5Ejv8n4s
^that was not the only test

No auras involved, what's the explanation? Contact that guy lol
Last edited by MonaHuna on Jan 26, 2022, 8:01:22 AM
As a side note, does the current bug of traps/mines being affected by auras mean they get double the effect of an aura? Since they use player stats (including the aura buff) along with apparently their own.
Украина в моём сердце
So there are skill related stats (we tend to call them "offensive") and object related stats, "defensive".

This bug just allows some of trap/mines benefit from object related stats.

Regarding to offensive stats, since trap/mines use your skills, they check your stats, so there are no double aura effect. Stats of traps/mines themself don't matter here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info