Feedback on New Microtransactions

I like the new approach to MTX. There are plenty of armour sets and skill effects already, so it's nice to see something new.

The difference between 30 and 50 points for a mystery box is significant and will probably reduce the total amount I spend on them.
"
SunsetVista wrote:
I miss the simple look of the classic microtransactions.

I don't like the new ones. There's already too much graphical clutter on the screen. I don't want to add more and lower my performance even further, when I can't even see the armor and character effects anyway through all the explosions and enemy effects onscreen.

I think the different color variations of items in the new mystery box being advertised as "no duplicates" is misleading, especially with the increase in price. A recolor is a little too much like a duplicate to me.

Not interested in the vault pass, because those microtransactions are completely specific to one item. I'd rather buy something I can use on multiple characters/builds. Also I heard you cannot buy this pass with points, only with dollars? Why?

As for suggestions:

I know a friend who'd really love to play a female marauder. That'd be awesome.

I'd like there to be more helms or helmet attachments that glow and look good from the back. Something like that makes it easier to keep track of my character. The Perandus challenge reward helmet and the Brilliant Feathers attachment are good examples.

They could make many things to make people play more and 90% of those things are related to visuals, instead of mechanics themselves.

For example: Mu Online had a character transformation when you achieve a new role (like in other games I played for years, such as 9dragons).

They could bring unique effects for each class based on their build and ascendancy to make more new players. The optimization of the game is day by day worse, when you use a potion you can see the geometry with alpha texture on character (things that We usually don't see in the game past leagues).

They could improve the engine, older skills effects, and the dead skills nobody touches in the game like manabound. Other thing I was thinking is: how they will manage PoE2 with PoE at same time they can't even manage a single game...

Now they're editing everything we talk here, because GGG usually don't like players complaining, just giving nice every single post they make.

For me, players complaining are a signal of they love the game and want to keep playing, but the way things are going, They will be dead before the PoE2.

By the way, they need artists but they don't hire people from other countries. For them, it is better to work 120312309 hours and get burnout instead of raising their team to reach their target.

"
The Maroider skin, a regular microtransaction in the store. Plenty more standalone microtransactions like this are scheduled in the coming weeks.

Alright let's be clear - this is by far the most comically appropriate and awesome micro you've ever made. This IS POE. You need to -- embed this concept directly as a default within POE2, this shouldn't even be a premium feature. BECOME the ARPG where stats matter - change the genre, continue doing what you've been doing for over a decade. Innovate, push the boundaries - try to say that choices matter. Convert it to a mechanism where I can give you money for that, but keep at it. STATS matter and you should have ways to convey this to the end player - this is clever, fun, innovative and game-defining POE2 gold right here.
"
SunsetVista wrote:
I miss the simple look of the classic microtransactions.

I don't like the new ones. There's already too much graphical clutter on the screen. I don't want to add more and lower my performance even further, when I can't even see the armor and character effects anyway through all the explosions and enemy effects onscreen.

I think the different color variations of items in the new mystery box being advertised as "no duplicates" is misleading, especially with the increase in price. A recolor is a little too much like a duplicate to me.

Not interested in the vault pass, because those microtransactions are completely specific to one item. I'd rather buy something I can use on multiple characters/builds. Also I heard you cannot buy this pass with points, only with dollars? Why?

As for suggestions:

I know a friend who'd really love to play a female marauder. That'd be awesome.

I'd like there to be more helms or helmet attachments that glow and look good from the back. Something like that makes it easier to keep track of my character. The Perandus challenge reward helmet and the Brilliant Feathers attachment are good examples.

They could make many things to make people play more and 90% of those things are related to visuals, instead of mechanics themselves.

For example: Mu Online had a character transformation when you achieve a new role (like in other games I played for years, such as 9dragons).

They could bring unique effects for each class based on their build and ascendancy to make more new players. The optimization of the game is day by day worse, when you use a potion you can see the geometry with alpha texture on character (things that We usually don't see in the game past leagues).

They could improve the engine, older skills effects, and the dead skills nobody touches in the game like manabound. Other thing I was thinking is: how they will manage PoE2 with PoE at same time they can't even manage a single game...

Now they're editing everything we talk here, because GGG usually don't like players complaining, just giving nice every single post they make.

For me, players complaining are a signal of they love the game and want to keep playing, but the way things are going, They will be dead before the PoE2.

By the way, they need artists but they don't hire people from other countries. For them, it is better to work 120312309 hours and get burnout instead of raising their team to reach their target.

Totally agree with both of you guys. They should make effects for free and each ascendancy, also change the gender lock because we can't spend much money with a simple effect for each class. For me, the focus must be on graphics and optimization. Lost ark is weaker than PoE and has more players....why? The visuals look better and people usually like what is beautiful.

PoE mechanics are all ok for playing (considering the bugs, but still ok). Not they must focus on the visual.

I want to voice my support and enthusiasm for a particular subset of the recently introduced cosmetics.

On-kill effects.

Prior to on-kill effect cosmetics, I tried to restrict myself to only playing crit builds, freeze builds, builds that use Inpulsa's, Occultist's Profane Bloom, etc. Anything that has an on-kill/on-death effect for enemies.

They just make the game feel so much weightier and your skills so much more impactful.

I've been playing with the Mjolner on-kill MTX this league, and it's awesome!
I'm very excited for the treasure on-kill effect to enter the store (because I generally don't buy loot boxes) so I can apply it to any build, and I can freely use whichever skill I want and be confident that when I kill a monster, it'll make a big juicy "pop" sound and trigger my dopamine receptors.

Please introduce more on-kill type MTX. I'd also appreciate MTX that introduce effects on-hit, for example, if I could get one that enables screen shake for non-crit hits, I would love that. Crit builds feel so much better than non-crit for that reason alone.

Thanks for all the great work!
"
Romulas19 wrote:
I love the new Mystery box system with the no duplicates, and i think that Kirac's Pass should also be offered to standard players as well, there are plenty of players that dont play the leagues that miss out on these MTX's.

This. I'd buy it if it was offered. I'm not losing sleep over not having it in standard. The cosmetics are not enough for me to engage with the league because I simply don't have time as of late for any meaningful progression, but I will fire up a few maps here or there in standard to play with the full atlas without being pressured to grind for progression. What it means is that I'm still playing and enjoying the game, but the pass is unavailable to players opting to enjoy and game in this way. This is one business decision on their part I don't understand. I devoted enough time to past leagues so that unlocking the full pass in standard should be a non-issue especially when it's gated by time not - mostly - skill like the challenge rewards.

As far as the new dynamic MTX goes, it's creative and the way forward. I think it's a delicate dance to try and dial in the visuals because some of them get lost due to the fast pace nature of the game but it's still a step in the right direction. Like the "out of body experience" stuff just does not have enough frames for some smooth nifty and lingering animation because you need to clear the screen quickly, but it's really cool to see that you're trying new stuff. I anticipate pets being more interactive in the future; perhaps doing a little dance over the corpse of a boss or something after you kill one. You can take your time with that sort of thing.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
I maintain the daily deals thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/363947

To me, the most important MTX that you're missing is permanent skin transfers. Specifically, something that lets you copy the appearance of an item, and permanently add it to your account in your MTX storage.

You put out all these gorgeous unique arts every patch and so many of them become 1 chaos trash - not because the art is bad, but because nobody wants the item for their builds. The art doesn't get seen outside of promotional stuff on reddit. It's such an utter waste of resources and it seems like a really good thing to fix.
IRON MAN
The level up animation is the best MTX I've ever purchased.
Hoi GGG

While I am happy with the current support packs I really think that the way you handle the new Lootboxes is seriously iffy.

Advertising the whole thing as "No duplicates" might be technically true but you can't deny that a rare new cosmetic and visually less appealing versions or palette swaps with higher unlock chances is just somewhat predatory in nature.
There mere idea of having a "rare version" of multiple palette swaps of the same item is devaluing the more avaiable versions of the cosmetic category, which we will likely see on the pricing once the mtx hit the store.
I do not know how I should feel about this... it feels a lot like false advertising.

This is a rather personal thought...
I liked the themes of older boxes. It was nice to have two well designed sets instead of the rather random selection of MTX with five color variations each.
See, if we got the body armor of a set it would eventually fit to the design of the rest.
The new MTX recolors dilute the MTX-Pool to a degree that even IF one would eventually gamble their way to a full set of mtx (i.e. one of each avaiable slot) there is a way higher probability that the colors clash... there is not even a completely green setup here, so customers that end up with green items eventually have to deal with the lack of green options in certain slots.
Even the themes of the new cosmetics clash with each other to a certain degree.
Granted, they are flashier than ever and they all have nifty mechanics behind them but in the end the new mystery boxes feel like a rushed idea.

I love this game to hell and back but these new boxes are so iffy...
Can we get the old boxes back but add the whole "no duplicates" mechanic to them?
We have a lot of new slots in the MTX window so there are a lot of options to bloat the new mystery box themes anyways.
Never mind.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Last edited by Innomen on May 19, 2022, 10:05:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info