[3.18] Icestorm Self-Cast [CRIT Build] [High AOE] Occultist

Can this do endgame content and uber?
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Can this do endgame content and uber?

Yes. I just tried on standard Uber Elder with Maven witnessing and did it. Uber Uber Content would probably be fine as well, but dangerous. For better bossing, I would recommend trying to get more cast speed.
Last edited by Zuzanne on May 19, 2022, 1:04:58 PM
Brewery interesting! Definitely seems to shine in maps with a lot of small corridors.

Since this is a crit version, I'm curious if there is any chance of making assassin variant working?
Hey, thanks for the build, it seems really fun. What should be the ascendancy order and which auras should i use until i can afford an enlighten support gem ?
"
OanSur wrote:
Brewery interesting! Definitely seems to shine in maps with a lot of small corridors.

Since this is a crit version, I'm curious if there is any chance of making assassin variant working?

Assassin will surely work, as well as there is a templar build on the PoE Builds subreddit which is quite brilliant, but scales differently. If I could stomach playing male characters, I would definitely try those ascendancies.

"
mehtan77 wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build, it seems really fun. What should be the ascendancy order and which auras should i use until i can afford an enlighten support gem ?

You don't need enlighten support if you take mana reservation mastery node. Ascendancy order is up to your preference. This league I went power charges first, then for the cold damage, and lastly for stun immunity. Until you have stun immunity, use Brine King pantheon. For auras you can use clarity, herald of ice and hatred. Add discipline last, when you have enough mana.

My current Sentinel developments:
This league is really tough for the map clear gem setup, since sentinel empowerment reduces damage taken. Many Rares don't "insta-pop" yet, so I expect throwing around 20-30 exalts will take me there. My bossing weapon swap setup is still melting bosses though. Big issue is cast speed. I bought a cast speed large cluster jewel and will probably think of getting more elsewhere, but we're stretched pretty thin with passives - power charges, AoE, crit multi, intelligence. Honestly I think the base skill should have its cast speed halved in a balance patch.
The staff doesn't need to be 6-linked right?
"
jwoo2000 wrote:

Not at all! :)
"
Zuzanne wrote:
"
jwoo2000 wrote:

Not at all! :)

Great! Do you have a recommendation on which side to take on the tree first when levelling?
Do you tend to die alot due to new mods?
"
jwoo2000 wrote:

Great! Do you have a recommendation on which side to take on the tree first when levelling?

I went left side first, then up, then right. Take life nodes when leveling!

"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Do you tend to die alot due to new mods?

Depends on content. I did corrupted Vaal Temple t16 with lesser gear than the budget setup on PoB and level ~88. I did the bosses deathless, but I died to essence mobs with 4-5 shrieking modifiers.

Harvest mobs are dangerous as usual, and for the archnemesis mobs, I would say the sentinel ones are annoying - the counterattack hits hard. I find that using frost wall actually helps sometimes. Temporal Bubble is also dangerous since you have to get close to the rare mob.

If you would like to increase your defenses, I would consider dropping Hatred for Determination and maybe using Molten Shell. Additionally, you could unslot Frigid Wake, get Malediction, swap Herald of Ice to Arctic Armor, and Aberrath pantheon to Tukohama, and you'd have much more defense, especially when standing in place and casting. This is actually something I will consider doing when I get more intelligence.
Last edited by Zuzanne on May 21, 2022, 11:50:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info