Heist sound crash since update. No sound until game close Ps4

Hi guys,

Could you include which model Playstation you're using?

If you're using a PS5 could you try turning off 3D Audio and see if it helps?
While I have your attention and we're on Heist and sounds, Faustus still fires two different voice lines at the same time whenever you sell a Heist target item. I reported it in earlier leagues but it's been that way so long I guess people would miss it if it where ever fixed.
"Oh I how know who lovely owns this!"

Normal PS4 here, happened with Reverb on and off.
... is not a troll
After sound crash i was afraid my tv speakers bricked, its a huge system bug. There is no sound unless you close poe and even if you navigate to ps4 dashboard while poe is "minimized" there is NO sound in other aplications.
Hi guys,

If you come across this crash again could you please include the words 'Heist' in the crash report that is uploaded to Sony? This will help us track down which crash is occurring.
"
Adam_GGG wrote:
Hi guys,

If you come across this crash again could you please include the words 'Heist' in the crash report that is uploaded to Sony? This will help us track down which crash is occurring.

Is not a game crash, only the sound stop working. I have tested this on PS5 with 3d audio on or off. I happens both using a headset or TV speakers.
@Adam_GGG: you can watch the short video I posted to youtube and linked on the first page. That's exactly what happens. Only the sound engine crashes or shorts out. No more sound until PoE is closed, then you get another scary noise and sound on the PS menu works again and you can restart the game. Nothing to report otherwise.
I hope you can reproduce it. It happens quite often (Maybe about 40% of Heists for me) and from reading the other posts here it seems to affect PS4 and 5.
My guess would be that something with the resource limits for sounds/voicelines changed and it maxes out and corrupts now.

<edit> But I'm very happy that you actually get the crash data from Sony. I sometimes felt silly writing any details in there.
... is not a troll
Last edited by trollkind1 on May 24, 2022, 1:19:12 PM
happened to me twice in last 30 mins, once in heist, once in a baran map (desert spring).

sound goes pop then a constant humming after with no other sounds. need to restart POE to fix. playing on PS5.

This is still happening multiple times per session forced to restart game to get sound back. Happens randomly doing all content on ps5.
Just happened during a Harvest fight. Might have been the first time it happened there for me.
... is not a troll
"
trollkind1 wrote:
Just happened during a Harvest fight. Might have been the first time it happened there for me.

I think it happens on any crowded scene. Like juiced maps, heist, harvest.
Probably too much overlapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info