[3.24] Bane/Blight Occultist Starter

Thanks! Can't believe I completely missed my blight gem quality. I'll look into wand. Thanks again appreciate it
Hello! love your guide and i missed Blight as its been ages since i played it !

I haven't played in ages so im wondering how good is this for SSF? i kinda wanna play SSF and i feel like doing blight

im not gonna commit too hard and i will take it slowly and I don't mind the slow progression as long as it feels good an doesn't fall behind or get gated too hard by specific uniques

so any input on SSF Would be a big help ! thanks again
"
LightningOdin wrote:
so any input on SSF Would be a big help ! thanks again

Hi, I think there are no particular issues with trying it in ssf - not more than for any next build, anyway.

Allelopathy carries early single target damage but you can get through without it. Just remember to run the lab a few times and quality your Blight gem up.

The two uniques that can be used for the whole league are Bated Breath (drops all the time) and Atziri's Step. You should be able to obtain them and you can use rare items before. I don't know if you're experienced with the fight with Atziri. There's some skill to it and I mentioned in the guide that for this build it's tricky due to curse reflect - but you can get around it. I'd get two flasks for removing bleeding she inflicts, too. Another fairly available option for boots is a pair of Sin Trek - there's no spell suppression on it but substantial energy shield instead.

Crafting your body armour & helmet comes down to getting Dense Fossils. Gloves need Essences of Delirium.

I think the easiest route for early weapons would be farming (Shrieking) Essences of Woe and using them on max. ilvl 10 wands until you get +1 to level of all chaos spell skill gems and an open suffix for crafted chaos damage over time multiplier (see craftofexile). The bases probably would be Carved Wands, I'm not sure if there's a suitable way of getting something better with that low item level.

That should cover what's included in the default setup. Later on you can still consider farming cluster jewels. On top of a large one with chaos damage, you could use one for shifting where you get your spell suppression from (because it's not easy to get it on your non-fractured gloves), and one for shifting where you get your chaos resistance from (in the guide version I used a Watcher's Eye instead). It still makes sense to attempt crafting better wands with the combination of Aberrant, Corroded, and Metallic Fossils as it leaves only useful prefixes on ilvl <= 82 wands. It just will be harder to get something really nice without fractured bases.

Depending on how your progression goes, the new Warden or Primalist classes can give you more options to solve your problems as well.
Last edited by Xayazi on Dec 18, 2023, 6:55:07 PM
"
Xayazi wrote:
"
snot1rod wrote:
The problem now is that I have 2183 HP, after pressing the buffs I am 1196. I don’t know what to do, how to reduce HP so that the damage enhancement works

You can use level 1 Arrogance, respec one of the "Life and Energy Shield" nodes nearby Written in Blood, and allocate Energy Shield above Arcane Focus instead. You have to remember to check if you need to make similar adjustments when you level up or change gear, etc. There's also life mastery which makes you count as on low life at 55% of your life or lower instead of 50%.

"
CasualMuggle wrote:
Was wondering if you could point out anything obvious I'm missing or just need to keep generally upgrading.

Glad it's been working out so far :) One thing is to use level 21 Blight with 20% quality - that quality improves the base duration, which significantly helps to reach the max. amount of Blight stacks.

Not a lot but not to miss on: you could improve your weapon in the left slot a bit (Cataclysm Branch). You can buy an Imbued or Prophecy wand with fractured at least +29% to chaos damage over time multiplier that has at most item level 82. Here's the search link. Then you can take it to the Harvest crafting bench and reforge with a guaranteed chaos modifier. This modifier will be either chaos resistance or +1 to level of all chaos spell skill gems. Keep reforging it until you get a wand with +1 on which you can craft increased chaos damage & skill effect duration (it can't already have increased spell/fire/cold/lightning damage except it can have a hybrid spell damage/mana modifier). If you stumble upon a high spell damage modifier, that works too instead of adding the last one. Or you can just try to buy something like that but I think crafting will be cheaper.

The next main step is adding a cluster jewel but I do that by respeccing some points allocated for spell suppression, so I suggest making sure that you don't need them anymore (details in section 4.3 of the guide).

I can't make my HP lower than needed. I placed a level 1 stone, it didn't help...
I'm thinking of adding another "Precision" aura there, what do you think? one more aura will give me the HP I need for + damage
"
snot1rod wrote:
I can't make my HP lower than needed. I placed a level 1 stone, it didn't help...
I'm thinking of adding another "Precision" aura there, what do you think? one more aura will give me the HP I need for + damage

I said you also needed to change your passives, but maybe adding an aura instead is actually a good idea. Except that Precision doesn't do anything for you (Bane/Blight don't require accuracy and can't critically strike). However, you can swap it for Temporal Rift - even if you don't actually use the buff, it gives you immunity to Temporal Chains and with 20% quality it makes debuffs expire on you faster. I'd then change the reservation mastery from "8% increased Damage..." to "20% increased Life Reservation Efficiency of Skills". With your current gear, this will give you more unreserved life while still leaving you at < 50%.
Do you have a list of mods from charms that work well with this build.
"
DyslexicEvo wrote:

I'm using:
> +(3–4) to Evasion Rating per 1 Maximum Energy Shield on Equipped Helmet
> 2 x (9–12)% chance for Energy Shield Recharge to start when you Suppress Spell Damage
> 2 x (14–20)% increased Effect of Withered
> Magic Utility Flasks applied to you have (11–15)% increased Effect
This gives me some damage and better attack damage avoidance + ES recovery.

Some other ones that can be useful:
> Banner Skills have no Reservation
> +(31–40) to Strength and Intelligence
> +(10–15)% chance to Suppress Spell Damage
> (8–12)% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills
"
DyslexicEvo wrote:

Not the OP but I'm using
> 13% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on kill
> 5% chance for energy shield recharge to start when you suppress spell damage

and

> 1.38% of damage leeched as energy shield
> 14% chance to avoid elemental ailments while phasing

I'm also using Three-Step Assault for my boots until I actually get Atziri's Step though, so the Onslaught thing has nice synergy. Could probably swap out the 2nd one for something better.
"
Darkhorse23 wrote:
> 1.38% of damage leeched as energy shield
> 14% chance to avoid elemental ailments while phasing

Note that Blight's or Bane's damage over time can't be used to leech (hit damage from Void Sphere works but I doubt it's significant) and you already avoid elemental ailments if you use Purity of Elements.
Hi, thanks for the detailed guide!

startign this as my second character of the league, was wodnering if an ashes of the stars would benefit this build? got 1 and was wondering if i can use it on this build or is a rare one better ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info