[3.18] Dancing Dervish Champ, 2+M dps, very tanky, cheap, my league Starter

Hi I'm Snolaz

This build is best for intermediate and expert players since it requires a build swap after the campain.

HERE IS THE OLD POB:
https://pastebin.com/BvNTChZ5

In the pob there are 2 trees, 2 items sets, and a couple of suggestions for levelling.

HERE IS THE NEW UPDATED POB:
https://pastebin.com/jg6qQb7p

WHY CHAMP OVER OCCULTIST:

Spoiler
Champ pros: Champ has more damage, is tankier, is life based so it's easier to gear, free banner, is close to 2 very op nodes: Iron reflexes and EE, semi ailment immune by default, good overall access to powerful defensive tools while unarmed (no shield). So it's better then Occultist in every way except 1.

Occultist pros: Pops.

So champ is a little bit slower on clear, but way better for single target: Minion damage is basically a DOT with no interruptions, so the 3 mil damages here are far better then a 3 mil dps spellcaster or attacker. Trust me on this one.

HOW TO PLAY:
Spoiler
Use cyclone to cast the offering and hit mobs at the same time (4.5 attacks per second, 100% accuracy after taunt).
JUST BY HITTING YOU WILL TRIGGER RAMPAGE this was changed recently.
Use Smite here and there to proc EE (smite while unarmed still converts the base unarmed damage to light).
You need to have a second predator skill to mark the prey because you are not able to use the one in your weapon as it will be disabled.
Writing jar is only for QOL on rampage and the jewels.

LEAGUE START STRATEGY:
Spoiler

1) Toxic rain for campain as soon as you get it, you can follow other levelling guides online for that, but use my levelling tree, as it's the best for this specific build, having in mind you have to swap.

2) When you unlock heist, from level 50 to basically 65, just sit is heist buing contracts with the toxic rain setup (inventory refreshes each level up, if you finish demolition and lockpicking contracts go back to campain to level up so you can chain them) untill you can afford a usable dancing dervish.

Note: Dancing darvish is a 1c item and it's expensive only on day 1, spend no more then 2c for your well rolled copy, because you'll need to get another one later to swap to 3 blue sockets, and in that occasion you can go for a maxroll.
Just wait couple of hours and ammass jewellers in the meantime.

3)
Once you 6 socket the item the hard way (better then bench), force 2 blu sockets with the bench. You can keep the item for early game if you get up to 2 greens and up to 4 reds. Later on buy a maxroll and force the right colors with bench/harvest/vorici.

Minion damage
Predator
Damage on full life (the minions are invulnerable)
Multistrike
Ele with attacks
Ruthless
(Added cold and/or Faster attacks if you get up to 2 green)

Once you got it, go for triad grip, GGBB, for the cyclone setup (1c)

Now you are set to swap builds, dont wait for victario, you can always add auras later.

4) Blast maps!

MY EARLY ATLAS STRATEGY WITH FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE, VERY GOOD FOR NOOBS AND CASUALS:
SUPER EARLY:

Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/atlas-tree/AwABADMA2cbpKMQWj-XRihe6RVj4318-EKyyZIXXRZeINCucxmYrcYIZfVqn4vr4KY3V6nrOGwgnhYmjru_8TbxJKOfCdsski3One22I-4d4gE3RxB_o8hmIhCrdg8n-Aq6L4bddMPqQ2ayk

LATER:
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/atlas-tree/AwABAIQA2cYrt641a2X7seko29bEFmsxj-XZrMnPDjAdj9sEzTUZCvdehrS1Y8fBJULl7JvGTdzVYog0I99Muh_pesp842qO5AikNJfixmYrcYIZQHCn4nkAbKPaFF7f3DsA-XrOzvwOSoxBm1rYmw75Wx59kYWjiaNj0Uzs4_Pk_G2mz3yMkdxp_E3B7gTzBPwo55ZEwnZ9hKlDXO6fO2shiAei0IKnF1Bcf8skqdCzx-T3TZHRKm2ITPK42XEL-cz7h2yZIkg8WSxITdFcpcQf6PLyzxCAhCrdg6rDuP_J_kN1yxfPR_R6i-EWv-sft10w-tSP0CiQ2R5p21OspE9dsvrZXGjd77qM5Dd5

This tree is meant to be played with Fortune Favors the Brave. And focusing on the Sentinel league mechanic. All the points chosen are synergistic with FFTB outcomes.
Go essences instead of FFTB early, and also pick up strongboxes nodes for jewelers, respec later.

HOW TO CRAFT THE GEAR:
Essences are good for rings, amulet and boots. Fossils for the helmet and belt. Harvest or shop for the jewels. Find those specific guides on youtube.

This build was VERY complex to figure out.
If you liked it or if you have any questions, leave a comment and will answer.

Last edited by Snolaz on May 19, 2022, 9:01:59 AM
Last bumped on May 19, 2022, 9:39:52 AM
EDITS:
pob improved
Added atlas strategy
guide improved
Nice build and guide, thanks dude!
Swapped just now.

ON THE MARKET IT'S POSSIBLE TO FIND ALREADY 6 SOCKETED the needed uniques.

Level 59, i just swapped, spent 21c in total (i farmed it in heist)

i'm res capped and 71 eximatd phys reduction with no flasks.

I play your build too, and thats just a tip: You dont need cast when dmg taken support for molten shell, just bind it on left click, and you have it up almost all the time. I swapped today, and its going smooth so far
Nice!

I know that already but i feel that when i use cwdt molten shell is more efficient.
If you automate it with walking, that will leave you uncovered maybe in the moments when you truly need it, it stil has 3 seconds cd. I found out that cwdt is just better, in my personal experience, if you can fit it.
But ok, if you prefer it your way you can try to sneak in a golem instead, both stone and carrion are good options.

After the swap the build feels so good, if the dmg scaling and defences hold this is going to be the funniest build i've ever played :D
Yeah, agreed. The build is super fun and strong, even in this super hard league with the new monster mods.
How good dervishes can be against endgame bosses?
How do you sustain mana? for your cast while channeling setup?
Hey, thanks for the build guide, but I have a question about using Fortress and Quickening Covenant jewels. Quickening one makes sort of sense, since attack speed is probably good, but the fortress one I don't get, considering they're immune to damage?

Am I missing something or does it not seem like decent rare jewels are a better use of those sockets?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info