[3.17] Hiltless Viper Strike Pathfinder

How is it doing this season? I'm going to try this build, it looks interesting
"
d1049630894 wrote:
How is it doing this season? I'm going to try this build, it looks interesting

Did you ever try the build in 3.18? I'm wondering how it fared against Uber bosses if anyone tried. Should've been fundamentally the same as last league.
"
Thorence wrote:

Did you ever try the build in 3.18? I'm wondering how it fared against Uber bosses if anyone tried. Should've been fundamentally the same as last league.

Hey, I played this build on Sentinel (character: SussyShork, PoB: https://pastebin.com/WFNxx0KP) and while i'm not really great at the game or played particularly much I did try most, but not all Uber bosses. Any feedback on the build setup is more than welcome!

Had one attempt on Uber sirus - got him to around 30% in last phase. Everything up until last phase was very chill and getting clipped by die beam was survivable. Last phase it was incredibly hard to have meaningful uptime and rotating beams gave very little room to work with and I ended up messing up there a lot. Definitely possible in my current gear/skill level.

Uber shaper / Uber Uber - shapers bullet hell was extremely annoying due to having no targets to hit and thus no recovery - getting hit w/o Molten shell was effectively a death if anything else was going not / not topped. Did not manage to get it and damage felt kind of low - the room was mostly covered in freeze pools. I don't think I could've killed it personally.

Uber maven - I was kind of really bad at the fight and died to cascade of pain a lot - the damage it did was extremely high and the speed + tracking as an attack build felt super hard to deal with. Was very surprised how hard the Uber version was considering normal is probably the easiest boss for the build as none of the recovery removals impact the recovery method of this build and the defense is good enough to facetank everything but the slam.

Uber exarch - felt really hard, but possible. The boss attacks quite hard and i'm frankly too bad at meteors to do it - dps was not great as every mechanic / attack was best dodged by running consistently and the fight ended up taking forever. Assuming surviving every meteor phase as melee attack build it is doable. Totems being part of the build was quite nice to get out of trouble.

Did not attempt cortex or eater - I feel like cortex is definitely doable, but eater might be way too annoying in the 'run into these orbs' phase while not being able to hit anything and recover hp.

All in all I felt like the build performed incredibly well up until the uber bosses - I believe I have relatively good gear (but you may take a look and comment on that), however many of them felt simply too unforgiving / took too long and human mistakes happened. With how much time is spent to dodge or manage the mechanics around the arena the dps for me was at a level that felt like bosses take incredibly long. Anything with phases where there is nothing to hit / mostly running felt awful. I could get spell suppression cap by replacing Brass dome with a good rare chest and having spell sup on every other item, but that would make gearing and meeting stat/res requirement an absolute nightmare and massive investment. ( It would also give a fuckton of extra hp - probs reach 6.5-7k depending on the chest rolls) With that the build might feel reasonably more sturdier to me and then facetank some of the things I absolutely had to dodge and thus gain damage with much better uptime but it was an investment I had not initially planned on and decided to not pursue that and stop playing :( In my current gear the defense did not feel comfortable enough to allow any mistakes really, and dps suffered a lot from just having to hyper focus on dodging as melee build.

Take this all with a massive 'I very likely suck at the game on top of all else' :)
Bummer. This build was absolutely gutted with the removal of the Flagellant flasks.
But the mod is still in game, there even is a Champion variant working right now with adrenaline and Olroth's Charge Boots

Your build should still work

Delinquent's 12 600Gain 3 Charges when you are Hit by an Enemy
Transgressor's 29 600Gain 4 Charges when you are Hit by an Enemy
Sinner's 46 600Gain 5 Charges when you are Hit by an Enemy
Masochist's 63 600Gain 6 Charges when you are Hit by an Enemy
Flagellant's 80 600Gain 7 Charges when you are Hit by an Enemy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info