Evasion rating = WORTHLESS

Nothing in this game works well enough for a defense in the later difficulties other then stacking health nodes.

Just get use to it. Avoid evasion even if your a ranger, and go health
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/955
"
VoodooB wrote:
Nothing in this game works well enough for a defense in the later difficulties other then stacking health nodes.

Just get use to it. Avoid evasion even if your a ranger, and go health

armor + evasion works very well
the chance for a mob to hit you is not entirely random

it works like this
evasion is a rng modifier and the mob WILL 100% hit you if total goes over a certain number(arbitrarily 100 for my example)

say a monster swings 3 times and your evasion grants you 10% chance to evade
the chance to hit is rolled like this. as an example. In reality its much more complex due to accuracy rating etc.

first swing rng roll is 30, evasion lowers that to 27 (30-(30*.1) second swing rolls 50 (lowered to 45) and third swing rolls 70 (63).... this is >100 (135 to be exact) so he WILL hit you on that 3rd swing no matter what.

If the 3rd swing had rolled <30 then he WILL miss you (total roll <100) but on the forth swing the monster WILL hit you because it only takes "1" to put you >100

evasion helps to mitigate 1, maybe 2 hits, but past that its pure luck of the RNG roll if he misses on the third or 4th swing because each hits add to the total until it gets to a certain value.
IGN: Turkey_turds, Lootsplosion_LvNINTHOUS, Who_Needs_pants_

Currently: OFFLINE
Last edited by FirefoxG on Apr 11, 2013, 2:03:38 AM
I got shit armor (10% reduction) AND shit evasion (7%), I survive mob packs around my level.

How? I got a ranged totem shooting Ice arrows, 3 zombies, and a specter (waiting on getting Raise Skeletons) drawing all the fire while I wreck house.

Spoiler
I also only got 1600 health and 600-ish ES

If you're getting destroyed, maybe you should invest in something to draw attention away from you.
Last edited by ArmoredChocobo on Apr 11, 2013, 2:48:17 AM
"
I got shit armor (10% reduction) AND shit evasion (7%), I survive mob packs around my level.

How? I got a ranged totem shooting Ice arrows, 3 zombies, and a specter (waiting on getting Raise Skeletons) drawing all the fire while I wreck house.

Spoiler
I also only got 1600 health and 600-ish ES

If you're getting destroyed, maybe you should invest in something to draw attention away from you.

'Maybe you should become a summoner' is not really a viable answer to 'why isn't my evasion build working'. At this point that's okay; the thread has seen more than enough viable offerings.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Vakirauta wrote:
"
Gorthen wrote:
if I went pure evasion i would evade stuff and not need the HP.

I wish it worked like this..

Does anyone have any examples of an ARPG or MMO where it does? I'm not asking facetiously, I'd genuinely like to know. Every MMO I've played where I've gone rogue-type, I've been basically paper: weak as, sharp as.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 11, 2013, 3:25:30 AM
Evasion by it's lonesome isn't that good, but combine it with Arrow Dodging, Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics and a decent healthpool and you should notice an increase in survivability.

Add block-chance and End-charges on top of that for even better.

When you DO get hit, it hurts, thus a reasonable healthpool together with end-charges help cushion the impact.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Just keep on stack'n it.
You will eventually be the ultimate ninja!

Alteration Orb Union Local #7
Equal parts Cocteau Twins & Gang Starr
People just expect too much of evasion. Stacking evasion means that you might have a 40% chance to evade a hit as opposed to a 5% chance. It doesn't mean you're going to be evading 90-95% of attacks that come your way.

That doesn't mean it doesn't work or even that iron reflexes is the only answer, since evasion provides a few benefits which pure armor does not:
1) protection against elemental as well as physical
2) significantly increased chance to avoid crits
3) arrow dodging, acro, phase acro
Still, with so many armour and evasion nodes around, its common sense to think they serve a higher purpose.

Instead, every efficient builds now trend towards avoiding them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info