Evasion rating = WORTHLESS

I'm playing a ranger and Evasion rating seems to be the easiest thing for us to gain. I have 6150 with my Grace buff up, and I even picked up Acrobatics to give myself a 20% dodge chance (30% when I finish the points) and I still never evade or anything. My character just dies... It's really annoying ... You would figured 6150 evasion would be enough to make it so I can survive doing SOME stuff in this game... but that doesn't seem to be the case at all :-/

Am I doing something wrong? Or does Evasion just suck...
Oh man, little question, big answer.

First thing I'd say is, your evasion rating isn't the point; your 'chance to evade' is, and even then it's just an estimate.

Evasion without Arrow Dodging is worthless.

And it's inevitable someone will tell you to drop Acrobatics and get Iron Reflexes.

Keep in mind that Evasion won't react to spells, either.

Finally, what's your level and health? Sad truth is, if you want Evasion to work right now, you need stacked life. No I don't agree with it but it is what it is.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Chances are all but certain this is a low life build. Sadly, with that much evasion, that probably means the character is a lost cause. :-(

--C

I also am using a ranger with pure evasion, but I added blocking. Between the two I got farther than I ever did without dying playing melee. (Death by desync too)

What I also did was get my life and life on hit up. I came very close to dying several times, but survived by that life steal. So its more than just evasion. Its a complex build to make it survivable, but it is doable.
I have arrow dodging, my health is 1267, level 61.
@Gorthen

Your hp is so low, please tell me you have some ES.

I tried running an ES/evasion shadow and it failed miserably. Absolutely impossible to run dual claw on that lol without amazing gear.
remaking my stuff over.. i do not have ES though i am trying acrobatics
Once you start doing maps, you'll wish you had closer to 4K health than not. 3K is the absolute floor. I assume you are a bow (ranged) ranger, and not melee.

Take a hard look at your gear, and see if you can can get life on every item. You should also target a good 15 or more health nodes by level 75.

--C
"
Gorthen wrote:
I have arrow dodging, my health is 1267, level 61.

Need at least double that to even stand a chance. Evasion is the least of your worries.
Last edited by boof on Apr 10, 2013, 8:27:31 PM
Yep, low life build.

Those evasion nodes are such a newcomer-trap. I have ranted and raved about them but GGG has so many other things on their plate.

To be perfectly honest, unless you're throwing in max block chance as well (which really tips the scale), no amount of evasion is worth sacrificing life for. You will do better ignoring evasion nodes altogether, getting life nodes and relying on your basic leather evasion+grace+A/PA/AD.

Don't get me wrong -- I have found uses for the evasion nodes, but they're part of a bigger puzzle. Their prevalence in the Ranger's starting area is a huge, huge cock-up on GGG's behalf and they need to address it. Hell, after the Duelist got a starting-area makeover, several of the other classes should be slated for similar love.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info