delete

-
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Aug 15, 2022, 10:43:39 PM
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2022, 4:50:11 AM
Excellent guide.

One thing to note -- The Oak Plank Kite Shield is only available in standard now since it was removed with Prophecy content.

Edit: Spectres I assume are 1x Carnage Chieftain and 1x Host Chieftain from Act 7 Ashen Field??
Last edited by Nightyb on Mar 18, 2022, 6:44:40 AM
"
Nightyb wrote:
Excellent guide.

One thing to note -- The Oak Plank Kite Shield is only available in standard now since it was removed with Prophecy content.

Edit: Spectres I assume are 1x Carnage Chieftain and 1x Host Chieftain from Act 7 Ashen Field??

Oof indeed, thanks for the heads up! Changed it to Dying Breath in the budget AG setup.

Spectres are either 2x Carnage Chieftains or Carnage Chieftain + Arena Master.
twitch.tv/enki91
do you have a life version of it?
im playing a Dominating Blow atm, do you have some tips to improve dominating blow damage? really good guide, thank you!

im trying to fit some abyssal jewel with life/damage when you use a minion skill and physical damage to minions.

improving Dominating blow gem level helps alot?
Last edited by mirolino on Mar 18, 2022, 5:28:36 PM
How many Refund Points is required to switch to CI?
Hey I was wondering is using high ES vaal regalia wouldn't be better. On standart i have 650es vaal regalia and it gives me +1000 es compared to skin of the loyal. only down side i see is it not having plus gem level but other that that is better in almost every regard. or am i missing something ?
I'm thinking of league starting this in the upcoming 3.18 Sentinel League. It looks rather simple and easy to gear, which is great! After having played a CI/Aegis character in Archnemesis, I can't play anything else!

What is your method of dealing with ignites and degens in general? From my experience, ignites were the only thing that can kill a CI/Aegis build.

E: Didn't see that you run Purity of Elements. My bad!
Send me a message in game or on the forum if I've won a bid

In-Game Names:
Pheee
Last edited by OriginalPhee on May 1, 2022, 1:16:28 AM
I just completed a practice run up to level 81 following the guide. The life based version was pretty rough. Died to one shots a lot, and it felt very clunky without certain optimizations. That being said, after I switched to CI the build felt infinitely better. I was able to go from dying in T4s to being able to speed through T16s.

Some recommendations if anyone plans to play this:
-Annoint Tribal Fury early, perhaps pick up a Carnage Heart or something. This will infinitely improve the gameplay feel.

-Don't rush into Dominating Blow. If SRS is still doing a good job, you can totally skip using Dom Blow until later on (Blood Aquaducts isn't a bad place to switch). Dom Blow suffers from requiring a good weapon early on, so leveling SRS will be more consistent.

-When you do switch to Dom Blow, you can try running Multistrike and Melee Splash together. It will be less damage but it helps with targeting and spawning your sentinels.

-Before switching to CI, level up to at least 82 and put 2 points into mana regen by the ES at Witch start. You will have enough mana to cast all your spells but not enough regen to cast them frequently.

Overall, pretty solid league starter. I'll probably do one more speed run to maps just to get the leveling down. Looking forward to trying the pinnacle bosses with it in 3.18!

Edit: Running Ancestral Cry is also a solid choice to make Dom Blow smoother!
Send me a message in game or on the forum if I've won a bid

In-Game Names:
Pheee
Last edited by OriginalPhee on May 4, 2022, 2:10:38 PM
Would this be recommended for a more beginner-intermediate PoE player? :D I am returning to this League after quite a bit of not playing (I come from Heist and Harvest), and have also never used a minion build before.
"
MisterPanda81 wrote:
Would this be recommended for a more beginner-intermediate PoE player? :D I am returning to this League after quite a bit of not playing (I come from Heist and Harvest), and have also never used a minion build before.

It's a great starter and should serve you well. A great starter, and the one I'm going to use. (not necessarily this guide directly, but CI Dom Blow Guardian in general)

Switching from Life->CI can be tricky, so take your time and be cautious, but the build functions quite well as life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info