Siege of the Atlas Talent Competition

Well. I'm heartbroken. I'm not an experienced or knowledgeable artist, but I put... I don't even know how many hours into brute-forcing my way to making an art.

When I googled my local equivalent of the deadline NZT time before starting this it fell on midnight, Monday the 28th. I misinterpreted this to mean I had until midnight on Monday, rather than midnight on Sunday going into Monday.

I'd been pulling an all-nighter before work to finish this, knowing I wouldn't have much time after work. Then I started seeing people's submissions saying they'd run out of time, and I realized my error in converting the time. I guess I'm not going to finish touching this up, or find out if I'd have placed in the competition. I guess I'll still post it though.

"4c Infinite Pancakes at Doryani's"

I chose to depict The Infinite Hunger and Eater of Worlds enjoying unlimited pancakes at Not-Denny's, while a trashy restaurant brawl ensues in the background - which I've modeled after a painting of the slaying of Tiberius Gracchus in the Roman Senate. Because why not. Hope people can still enjoy it and some of the little details. I'm gonna go cry and then get ready for work.
Last edited by IAMTHEKINGOFSPACE on Mar 28, 2022, 3:59:30 AM

Last boss and my final piece for FanArt competition
was rooting for you! love the style and context, and it's my desktop wallpaper for some time to come. thanks for your hard work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info