[3.19] CoC Ice Nova Build | Occultist | Lake of Kalandra | Path of Exile 3.19

will this build be usable in 3.20? Also, will it be updated if it is?
"
will this build be usable in 3.20? Also, will it be updated if it is?

Only if someone can figure out how to handle mana costs now that GGG is deleting Replica Conqueror's Efficiency.
"
Soske wrote:

Only if someone can figure out how to handle mana costs now that GGG is deleting Replica Conqueror's Efficiency.

I've been tinkering with this on SSF Standard and it seems doable, even without Replica Conqueror's Efficiency or the similar Watcher's Eye Clarity mod. It requires a bit of compromise with your gear, however.

- apply 15% fertile catalyst quality to both rings for -8 to cost of all skills;
- get as many "-(3-5)% reduced cost of skills" as possible, pay no attention to the new increased mana reservation efficiency mods. I managed to get almost perfect sustain with none of those, but it makes gearing really finnicky.
- instead of placing your large cluster jewel on the +12% elemental damage cluster, place it on the +8% increased mana cluster. Increasing max mana may squeeze a few points of Cyclone mana leech per second, which may be the difference between smooth sustain or getting OOM every few seconds;
- drop Mark on Hit and its ridiculous mana cost multiplier and apply Assassin's Mark manually;
- getting the "+3 levels to all critical gems" mastery will also reduce the mana cost of your CoC Ice Nova by a few points, because it will increase the level of Inspiration;

Some things I also noticed when taking this build to red maps:

- Evasion feels like doodoo on red maps, because you certainly don't have enough of it to not instantly lose all your Ghost Shroud stacks; I prefer going Armour + Divine Shield + Molten Shell. That has one less Power Charge since I skip the entire right side of the tree for that, but I feel it's necessary to not get instagibbed all the time, specially by Essences.
- Instead of stacking Skitterbots on top of Hatred + Zealotry + Herald of Ice + Aspect of Spider, I found that running Tempest Shield was better. Full-time shock immunity is very good, specially when dealing with socking ground. That also frees the Charge Mastery point for something else.
- Going armor-based also allows for Enduring Composure on a small armor cluster, which is amazing. You can easily grab the +1 to endurance charges on the left side of the tree and get almost permanent uptime on them.
- If you're willing to sacrifice a jewel socket, getting a small cluster with Conservation of Energy basically costs just 1 point (it replaces the small "leech 0.3% of spell damage as energy shield" you'd have to grab, and you get +16% energy shield on top).
- Speaking of jewels, I dropped Thread of Hope from the build. Too little benefit for a jewel socket and a steep penalty to all resistances (I managed to barely get my resistances capped without it). I just pathed all the way into the cold damage cluster at the top, it's actually a pretty cost efficient way to increase damage anyway.
- Getting the required Str, Dex, and Accuracy is a nightmare. I had to get one of my rings with a fracture T1 Dex and spam Str essences to fix stats, then do the same with fractured T1 accuracy gloves using Dex essences, then craft Dex on the boots and I still only got to get EXACTLY 212 Dex. If you can get some Dex on your cluster jewels, that'd make your life so much easier.
- Also because of the Str requirements, I had to move the Militant Faith to the socket south of the Witch start area.
- The loss of Malediction sucks, and the change to Curse on Hit represented a small (+- 100k) loss in damage. Being able to curse hexproof enemies is such a non-issue.

With that said, I have a question: is Ice Nova better than Creeping Frost linked to the Lesser Projectiles on the Cospri's Malice? My understanding is that Creeping Frost shotguns on impact, and since you're spinning with the cursor usually near your character, it should always shotgun all the 3 projectiles (5 if you get a Dying Sun).
"
Obodongo wrote:
"
Soske wrote:

I've been tinkering with this on SSF Standard and it seems doable, even without Replica Conqueror's Efficiency or the similar Watcher's Eye Clarity mod. It requires a bit of compromise with your gear, however.

- apply 15% fertile catalyst quality to both rings for -8 to cost of all skills

I always depended on the Conqueror's Efficiency, but prior to getting it, I would use a mana flask "effect does not remove" when mana is full. Is running the build with the flask not viable? It's always been a budget.

Also, does anyone have any tips on getting the - cost of skills craft? Is it just buying a bunch of unidentified veiled rings?
System specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, RTX 2060 Super
"
Ranmaz wrote:

I always depended on the Conqueror's Efficiency, but prior to getting it, I would use a mana flask "effect does not remove" when mana is full. Is running the build with the flask not viable? It's always been a budget.

Also, does anyone have any tips on getting the - cost of skills craft? Is it just buying a bunch of unidentified veiled rings?

The enduring (or whatever it is called) mana flask is definitely an option, if you don't mind pressing the extra button every often. You can also tack some bleed or poison immunity on it (really good QoL), in lieu of the usual life flask. But it's possible to go 100% with the tools available on available gear, as long as you compromise.

To get the -cost of skills craft, I usually just make sure Elreon is somewhere on the Syndicate (preferably not as a leader, so he can spawn more often) and keep trying to get his drops over and over. Eventually he'll drop something with the mod.

That reminds me, possibly you could get a -8 base modifier by rolling a ring with Veiled Chaos/Aisiling, but I'm not sure if that's worth the hassle.
So running this in the new league, getting close to high enough to run Cospri's so I was wondering...

Is there a list/guide of what I need to have prepped before I swap over to CoC?
"
Zephryl wrote:
So running this in the new league, getting close to high enough to run Cospri's so I was wondering...

I don't think so, but I can offer my personal experience:

You need to be running at least one of the defensive auras (I prefer Determination) and be able to crit at least twice per second to feel smooth (so check how many APS you are hitting with Cyclone and multiply that by your crit chance, that should be around 2). You also definitely should have stun immunity (so, the Presence of Chayula amulet) or at least very good stun avoidance (you can pick 50% from the stat avoidance cluster to help with that). You should also definitely have the mana leech node annointed, or you'll run out of mana constantly.

As long as you don't have the Shavv's, you shouldn't be resering your entire life pool, of course, but you can still socket Precision and a Defiance Banner on your Prism Guardian (or, if you don't have that yet, just get Precision + Arrogance) for minimal cost. I actually do that to all my characters during the campaign, usually any combination of Vitality, Clarity or Precision + Arrogance (specially if I have enough ES to compensate for the life reservation).

It still may feel squishy, because most of the increased energy shield nodes are taken around levels 75-80. So maybe running Determination and Grace (instead of a damage aura) until you feel good enough may be advisable.
Last edited by Obodongo on Dec 13, 2022, 2:31:12 PM
"
Obodongo wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:

I don't think so, but I can offer my personal experience:

You need to be running at least one of the defensive auras (I prefer Determination) and be able to crit at least twice per second to feel smooth (so check how many APS you are hitting with Cyclone and multiply that by your crit chance, that should be around 2). You also definitely should have stun immunity (so, the Presence of Chayula amulet) or at least very good stun avoidance (you can pick 50% from the stat avoidance cluster to help with that). You should also definitely have the mana leech node annointed, or you'll run out of mana constantly.

As long as you don't have the Shavv's, you shouldn't be resering your entire life pool, of course, but you can still socket Precision and a Defiance Banner on your Prism Guardian (or, if you don't have that yet, just get Precision + Arrogance) for minimal cost. I actually do that to all my characters during the campaign, usually any combination of Vitality, Clarity or Precision + Arrogance (specially if I have enough ES to compensate for the life reservation).

It still may feel squishy, because most of the increased energy shield nodes are taken around levels 75-80. So maybe running Determination and Grace (instead of a damage aura) until you feel good enough may be advisable.

Awesome, thanks!

Is the Cospri's required to operate CoC? Or can I swap over to just the Cyclone while I work on finding the right Dex gear to run the Cospri's?

Edit:

Swapped over to Cyclone CoC fully, having a blast. Splurged through all my currency though, so need to farm up a bit so I can actually get my resists back.

Can someone have a glance at my build? I'm currently sitting on 51% crit with full power charges and not sure if there's some extra crit I'm missing, or it'll just come when I upgrade my gems.
Last edited by Zephryl on Dec 14, 2022, 8:19:06 AM
You want to get the "Drops Brittle Ground while moving" Searing Exarch implicit on your boots. Brittle alone gives +2% base crit, so that plus Assassin Mark plus having full Power Charges should be enough for 100% crit. Any node that increases the effect of non-damaging cold or elemental ailments will increase the crit chance you get from brittle as well. As long as you keep moving while channeling Cyclone through the enemies, they'll always be under the effect of brittle.

"
Obodongo wrote:
You want to get the "Drops Brittle Ground while moving" Searing Exarch implicit on your boots. Brittle alone gives +2% base crit, so that plus Assassin Mark plus having full Power Charges should be enough for 100% crit. Any node that increases the effect of non-damaging cold or elemental ailments will increase the crit chance you get from brittle as well. As long as you keep moving while channeling Cyclone through the enemies, they'll always be under the effect of brittle.

Hmm I see, okay thanks!

I'll have to make that my next upgrade then. Might take a while, since I have stat/resists to fill too, plus I want Aspect of the Spider (Though I guess that's lower priority)

Edit: Or I think I can use the thingies to add it, that makes it easier xD
Last edited by Zephryl on Dec 15, 2022, 10:57:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info