Performance Issue

ive had this problem too, cant even play this league cause of lag stuttering/ cpu spikes, what happened GGG?
Ego aside, its all about the mind/muscle connection breh.
It's the old and usless engine they have.

Sometimes it performs very well and sometimes it's broken. this league i'm playing at 30fps with heavy stutters even if i'm alone in my almost empty hideout. it goes from 30fps to 25fps constantly even on lowest settings, highest settings also makes no difference, unlocking the fps only makes it worst because it's constantly jumping from 90fps to 40fps.

It is all CPU related and how bad it utilises cores. turning multi threadning off fix the stutters but overall performance drops heavily. DX11 vs Volkan makes 0 differences.

Only fix i got is to change CPU Affinity in Task Manager when you run the game, if i turn two of my cores off, stutters will go away but i get low prformance, if i turn one core off it runs almost stutter free and i get a playable performance but not ideal. specially when there were times i could play it 60fps stutter free.

They will never fix this but they will aks you 1000s of questions about your hardwares until you give up.
Last edited by Amir_Ban on Feb 21, 2022, 3:11:11 AM
dead Engine for 2022. Multithreading works incorrect, Just Disable All Virtual cores in THIS GAME. And wait when they fix it here
complex solutions 1 or 2:
1. Disable multithreading in BIOS - worst solution
2. Task Manager - Details - PoE.EXE - Affinities - disable all second cores
2.1 After reboot PC repeat step 2.

Last edited by KoTLIIpeguHrePa on Feb 21, 2022, 12:07:15 PM
I've noticed that the massive FPS drops in my hideout only happen when I'm playing my Necromancer (with zombies, spectres, and desecrate creating corpses in my HO). Are others experiencing this also playing minion builds?
Last edited by Taggard on Feb 24, 2022, 6:09:09 PM
"
Taggard wrote:
I've noticed that the massive FPS drops in my hideout only happen when I'm playing my Necromancer (with zombies, spectres, and desecrate creating corpses in my HO). Are others experiencing this also playing minion builds?

I don't know what trigger this but I'm playing necromancer too and have CPU spikes in hideout after some time in alt+tab. The more time you are in alt+tab the more load/spikes on CPU
Last edited by expertQQ on Feb 24, 2022, 7:54:39 PM
ya ever since the last patch or the one yesterday ive been having even worse fps problems than i did before. idk wtf they did but it was bad
Same issue, went afk for like 30-45 minutes, came back and had 3 fps. The performance loss is gradual. I've had this issue before but had never left the game unattended for so long to the point it was completely unplayable.

Im playing a necromancer with Vulkan API.

Auras active at the time:
Zealotry
Skitterbots
Wrath

To see if it helped I removed my minion gems in this order:

AG
No noticeable improvement
Spectre
FPS improves
Zombies
FPS improves further but still terrible
Removed skitterbots
(back to regular performance)

The fps loss usually goes away as soon as you change zones. Its most likely related to minions.
Skitterbots are one thing that cause this issue atleast, try recasting your skitterbots and that should make your fps stable again. There seems to be some sort of memory leak etc with skitterbots atm.
🍇OverLord's elderberry kiosk🍇 /3029690
Rapture Peak
IGN: OverLordFML
That was skitterbots for me. Resummoning or changing instance is easy fix for this.
But I tested it further and found out that all permanent minions start to cause lags after staying for some tiime in same area. I guess it's something with pathfinding.

Minions tested: Animate Guardian, Raise Spectre, Raise Zombie, All type of golems, Summon Reaper, Summon Skitterbots.

Reports of this start to accuring after 3.17 Archnemesis league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info