Account banned Reason: "Third Party Software"

Hello GGG , my account is [Removed by Support] i playing your game many time and yesterday i playd as always (i dont do anything only use awakened poe trade) with my party we do simulacrum and i have disconnected and have message your account has been banned by an administrator. I do a message to u support email and take answer go to the account page and do an appeal i do this and have message pending review how many time its take ? my supports w8 me in ho and cant farm or leveling without me from Feb 15, 2022, 5:58:35 .

I almost passed level 100 :(

help me pls GGG I believe you can
Last edited by Al_GGG on Feb 16, 2022, 1:16:22 PM
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2022, 12:52:13 AM
The same story brother, I've been waiting for more than a day and nothing.
"
Markushelpme wrote:
Hello GGG , my account is [Removed by Support] I playing your game many time and yesterday i playd as always (i dont do anything only use awakened poe trade) with my party we do simulacrum and i have disconnected and have message your account has been banned by an administrator. I do a message to u support email and take answer go to the account page and do an appeal i do this and have message pending review how many time its take ? my supports w8 me in ho and cant farm or leveling without me from Feb 15, 2022, 5:58:35 .

Well you have admitted to be using 3 party programs so that fits with the BAN reason.
Regarding the BAN appeal process then this is done by a differant department (not normal GGG support) and they don't give any updates until their investigation is complete.
So you will have to wait the 1day - 3+ weeks it takes to complete this.
Hi GGG, can you do something with not-legit ban wave. So many people was banned without reason.

regards.
"
AleshaD wrote:
Hi GGG, can you do something with not-legit ban wave. So many people was banned without reason.

regards.

But a clear reason was given to all these cases no matter if you agree with it or not....
Remember you agreed to this in the ToS you agreed to when you created your account.
I would prefer an answer from official support and not from random people, it's been more than 24 hours, so I understand the race is over for me?
"
Markushelpme wrote:
Hello GGG , my account is [Removed by Support] i playing your game many time and yesterday i playd as always (i dont do anything only use awakened poe trade) with my party we do simulacrum and i have disconnected and have message your account has been banned by an administrator. I do a message to u support email and take answer go to the account page and do an appeal i do this and have message pending review how many time its take ? my supports w8 me in ho and cant farm or leveling without me from Feb 15, 2022, 5:58:35 .

"
Markushelpme wrote:
I would prefer an answer from official support and not from random people, it's been more than 24 hours, so I understand the race is over for me?

Hi there, Markushelpme! I've sent you a PM about this.
Need help? Contact Support :)
"
But a clear reason was given to all these cases no matter if you agree with it or not....
Remember you agreed to this in the ToS you agreed to when you created your account.

With all due respect, please stop. You've commented in basically every thread regarding this with some "holier-than-thou" attitude and it's super offputting.

At this point, everybody knows that you can't cheat in online games. Everybody knows you can't hack accounts, you can't harass other players, threaten players with violence, etc. This is all common knowledge for most people these days.

Pasting PoE's TOS into wordcounter.net, it counts 8172 words for a 30 minute read at a college graduate reading level. Who in their right mind is going to spend a half-hour reading something that is partially in legalese before playing a game? It is unreasonable to expect that and any company with a long agreement knows this. We all know the basics: don't cheat, don't hack, don't harass.

Now, as far as the popular trade price app Awakened(that is used by many high profile streamers and GGG is fully aware of) it doesn't explicitly go against the ToS. It doesn't interact with the game client in any way, it interacts with your PC's clipboard. That's why it only works in windowed mode. It's not a true overlay and it doesn't interact with the game engine. The game engine itself allows you to copy an item's name into your clipboard, Awakened has a hotkey that searches for said item and pops up trade results in a separate window. All it does is save you 30 seconds or so from having to alt-tab and paste it yourself. It is not cheating. It is not hacking. It is not botting. It is not modifying the game client or giving you an edge over other players. It's a feature that most games allow you to have these days.

I searched the ToS for the section about 3rd party apps and read it myself. It's not a blanket statement otherwise 90% of PC players would be banned. Steam is a 3rd party app. Afterburner/Rivatuner are 3rd party apps. Geforce Experience is a 3rd party app.

As per the ToS you are not allowed to "Modify or adapt (including through third parties and third-party tools) the game client or its data, other than in the normal course of PoE gameplay as permitted in accordance with the Licence." Awakened PoE Trade doesn't do this. It is also reasonable for one to assume that this app is allowed since people have been using it for years and many streamers who GGG is in contact with use it, live on stream.

What GGG needs to do is make a once-and-for-all statement about this. The reason they don't is because they know that if they decide to officially ban it they will lose some of their high profile streamers who provide them with a lot of free marketing. But they need to bite the bullet and either officially support or ban it. If they keep banning people for using something that seems to fit in some gray area they are going to lose paying customers. Nobody is using it for malicious purposes, some people say that they can't alt-tab out because it crashes their game.

Personally? I don't use the app. The game runs like trash in windowed mode for me lol.
same with me bro
recieve ban 15 feb 5:58, still no response on my appeal :<

i got acc block when i find Olroth in my logbook xD maybe he curse me
Last edited by fromstars1984 on Feb 17, 2022, 12:04:38 PM
There was a rumor recently, about GGG looking into some new potential malicious use of awakened POE trade, so they did carpet ban everyone with signs of relevant activity until it is investigated.

But even if that is true, the root of the problem is not even the bans, it is the signature radio silence on support/investigators side.

The Absence of Communication and Respect, with only 1 appeal portal :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info