Art, Areas, and Effects Feedback Forum

"
Russell wrote:
"
SmallGiant wrote:
The Witch should be hotter. Bigger boobs, sexier suit, smoother skin. Marauder can be so muscular, why can't Witch be so hot? Even Nessa is hotter than The Witch.

And the stand pose is, ugh, disgusting. Miss Universe wannabe, but fail. As a witch, shouldn't she be flying instead of running?

Why do all game characters have to be "hot"?. Kind of sick of the industry doing this. Makes every game samey as most characters have to have a certain look to be "hot". Im pretty sure you could copy paste 95% of game characters into other games games and change their cloths and no one would be the wiser. We get the same complaint about the Templar but we like the way he is. Old Man Awesome with a Scottish heart of gold.

Also im not so sure the flying thing would work so well. Would most likely look a little tacky.

My opinion you're thinking wrong,characters right now they look okay(not so good) but they should look way better(lots of people want that their characters look cool)
Be the change you want to see in the world
"
Pholos wrote:
characters right now they look okay(not so good) but they should look way better(lots of people want that their characters look cool)

Exactly. A character is like ourself in third person view, having an adventure in an imaginary realm. We want it to look as badass as possible even if in real life we are a dog.
To grind or not to grind, that's the question.
Last edited by IndoBerlian on Jul 3, 2013, 5:31:17 AM
"
SmallGiant wrote:
"
Pholos wrote:
characters right now they look okay(not so good) but they should look way better(lots of people want that their characters look cool)

Exactly. A character is like ourself in third person view, having an adventure in an imaginary realm. We want it to look as badass as possible even if in real life we are a dog.

Well, I am glad that people like Russel have the last say in decisions like that and not you guys.

I like how they are at the moment. Fits more with the whole feeling of wraeclast too.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
SmallGiant wrote:
"
Pholos wrote:

Well, I am glad that people like Russel have the last say in decisions like that and not you guys.

I like how they are at the moment. Fits more with the whole feeling of wraeclast too.

we didnt say we want cartoon characters just more cool characters get it?
Be the change you want to see in the world
"
Pholos wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

He didn't even say a word about "cartoons". :D

Imo, the current character style is fitting.
Maybe improve animation and resolution over time but they should keep that style.
"
Pholos wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
SmallGiant wrote:

No, you just want every female character to have big breast, perfect skin, etc. and every male charcter to look like some sexy muscle character from television.

NEWSFLASH!: Path of Exile may take part in a fantasy world, but it has a gritty realistic graphic style. And in reality there way more people that don't look like you want your character to look like.

Last edited by Sneakypaw on Jul 3, 2013, 6:47:59 AM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

No, you just want every female character to have big breast, perfect skin, etc. and every male charcter to look like some sexy muscle character from television.

NEWSFLASH!: Path of Exile may take part in a fantasy world, but it has a gritty realistic graphic style. And in reality there way more people that don't look like you want your character to look like.

What I want to say is the witch character should be more witchy. If sexy chick does not please you, then at least GGG should change her clothes to a darker long dress and glowing white eye, not a half mini skirt with full upper clothes like now. Do you see my screenshot? The Marauder looks so muscular, the Duelist looks so agile, the Templar looks so wise and commanding, even the Ranger looks so hot with her tanktop, trousers and boots. So why doesn't the Witch look like any witch?

Edit:

I think the in-game witch has shorter legs or bigger head than her in character creation page.
Last edited by IndoBerlian on Jul 3, 2013, 8:39:25 AM
"
SmallGiant wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

What I want to say is the witch character should be more witchy. If sexy chick does not please you, then at least GGG should change her clothes to a darker long dress and glowing white eye, not a half mini skirt with full upper clothes like now. Do you see my screenshot? The Marauder looks so muscular, the Duelist looks so agile, the Templar looks so wise and commanding, even the Ranger looks so hot with her tanktop, trousers and boots. So why doesn't the Witch look like any witch?

Edit:

I think the in-game witch has shorter legs or bigger head than her in character creation page.

I don't have anything against making her look more like a witch.
They could give her some kinda magical glow in the eyes or whatever, but the thing about the dress is that you are an exile so you don't have fancy clothing.

They could make something like that drop later on, but you have to think about that every character can wear an armour piece if they fit the requirements. I for one don't want to see some marauder wearing a long dress :(
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Jul 3, 2013, 9:39:51 AM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
SmallGiant wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Edit:

I don't have anything against making her look more like a witch.
They could give her some kinda magical glow in the eyes or whatever, but the thing about the dress is that you are an exile so you don't have fancy clothing.

They could make something like that drop later on, but you have to think about that every character can wear an armour piece if they fit the requirements. I for one don't want to see some marauder wearing a long dress :(

Okay I get it. But still, Nessa's appearance is more suitable for the Witch character than the original Witch. Not fancy but much better than the witch's.

Btw, the long dress I said is not a wearable armour, but a default cloth for a witch character. Just like the Marauder's fur pants. Again, I like Nessa's sexy skirt. It's longer than the Witch's skirt, but revealing her whole right leg making her sexier.

Oh my God, I think I'm in love with Nessa now. Even if when I'm playing a witch, I still want to talk to Nessa a lot, just to see her. Haha
"
Russell wrote:

Why do all game characters have to be "hot"?. Kind of sick of the industry doing this. Makes every game samey as most characters have to have a certain look to be "hot". Im pretty sure you could copy paste 95% of game characters into other games games and change their cloths and no one would be the wiser. We get the same complaint about the Templar but we like the way he is. Old Man Awesome with a Scottish heart of gold.

Also im not so sure the flying thing would work so well. Would most likely look a little tacky.

Yes, thank you, thank you. The palpable personality of the characters is one of the things that draws me into PoE, and tarting up the ladies just to make them more marketable would be a shame. Hell, I miss the old hunched witch stance for that very reason.

Having the witch be glowing or flying or whatever would be way too high fantasy in my book for PoE, but it might be neat as a micro-transaction effect. Custom walk animations for purchase!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info