Art, Areas, and Effects Feedback Forum

"
Russell wrote:
Heh yeah there are a lot more enemys in huge armour and with big over the top weapons. Doesnt really look that bad though. The environments are a huge improvement though. The hallways with all the windows and lightbeams just look real... volumetric. Their really pro at faking things.

Aye, Blizzard are great at simulating great effects with really 'cheap' (concerning demand on hardware) effects in WoW. And considering it's now eight years old, it still holds up very well in terms of atmosphere.
That shot of the Scarlet Cathedral is a good example of what I meant, by the way... but please, do stick to 'realistically sized' weapons in PoE ;-).

In closing, I have a screenshot that -I think- shows quite nicely how much impact 'a little lighting' can have on a scene:

That is usually a fairly quaint valley in the Twilight Highlands, with green pastures, grey rocks and blue water (and dark Orcs, maybe they got burned?). A visit by Deathwing turned the entire valley into flames and destruction.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Just a quick thing - I was playing with a friend yesterday, and she felt that the water texture was moving too quickly in comparison to the lily pads on the stream between crossroads and kraityn. This needs to be fixed now, impossible to play while this travesty continues, etc.

>_>
areas i rly like and areas that could be improved in my opinion

first i have to say that i rly like the outdoor areas in path of exile
possible some more "horizontal stages could be added" possible some more high claims or areas where you can look deep downwards. and some more randomaized stuff like revaged outdoor areas for excaple a revanged camp that got overwhelmed possible with a pig on the fireplace which is burned because the guys wanted to eat it got surprised and a human lieing half in the fire or some burned corpses or skinned animal they wanted to eat (in the first town the npc told us that the other human tribes in world are canibalism) possible smth that would fit that story part .
possible some areas like randomized burned down viallages where still some flames are blazing with a lot of smoke, dead bodys some bad ass deamons to fight with and a horrific gloom. possible with some poles where some heads are skewered and some hanged people on trees arround the area and so on. but as i told i already like the outdoor areas how they are in general.

but some areas especially the dungeons and caves could need some improvements
would like to see some changes for the the

"mud cave" after the mud flats ,
"the amber of sins"
"ancient pyramid"
especially the ancient pyramid should be rly improved because its the ending of the act 2.

the bossfight was cool a lot of different abilities like stones falling down ,ice spells which slow you down ,it can spawn monsters that was smth impressive!!!! such monster skills should be added to more monsters !!!!

i personally like are the brutus prison especially the highest lvl where you can find brutus good job with this one im a fan of this bigger rooms dont rly like to tight passages . the bossfight i liked especially the chains you added to brutus (in my opinion he should get one further skill and a finishing move when he graps you with his chains when you are under 10 percent health for excample. here my suggestion http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/pah840/diablo-iii-debut-gameplay-trailer minute 18 like the boss finish of the hero and biting his head off would fit brutus or the marvel as a finishing move)

now to the dungeons i mentioned that could be polished
mud cave could get more bridges and again the "horizontal stages" are missing a bridge would add those with a big claim you have to cross .
possible a quest inside the dungeon (for excample an exile with ribbed off legs lieing on the floor telling you a story before he dies that he have lost smth somewhere in the dungeon and that his friend is still alive who have a barrel of blackpowder to burst of a secret room or passage where some cool loot is inside .after you rescued his friend he helps you till he dies showing you the way or you kill him yourself and take the stuff he have immediately (that you can also be the cruel !!! if you entered this secret area should be a trap with monster surprising you comming out from nowwhere climbing down the walls or or climbing up a cliff. possible the idea from RUSSEL http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/51655/page/1 with the wall of corpses or smth like that would fit the area for the secret room with possible another small boss inside or for the area near the marvel. possible that sidequest should enable more secret sidequests in the game that there are some sidequests which you can possible discover in the next difficulty if you didnt found them in the first run through the acts and some adventure puzzels possible

special effects like smth broke in front of your eyes (stones falling down at you like in the act 2 boss
or the bridge get destoyed in front of your eyes . more destoyable stuff and that you can use the environment to kill mobs like in the vid o posted before min 5 min 40 to 6 min 10 that u can use the environment to kill monters and destoy a lot of stuff http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/pah840/diablo-iii-debut-gameplay-trailer or 9 min 50 you see some survivor npcs dieing XD from a wall falling down )
i would also like to see that this area get more different monsters. what i like that if you kill craps (destroy there shell) the monster under the shell will attack you smth that could be added to more monsters like the zombies (if you kill a zombie he can loose his legs and and starts to crawl behind you to attack you) smth you can see in diablo 3 i would take over that idea!!

smth like that should be also done to the other dungeons like "the amber of sins"
and especially the "ancient pyramid"

i especially missing some torture areas like mentioned in the gore thread (someone posted some pictures of diablo 2 there) (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/51655/page/2) hope some guys here in the forum get some more creative ideas what could be added and polished in dungeons to inspirate you like ideas for some shrines or other stuff that could be found in dungeons

Last edited by DonCamillo on Nov 13, 2012, 5:19:22 PM

Just curious if you consider the above screenshot to be a problem or not. I'm just bringing it up because I posted this a few months ago. Item labels can clutter a screen up completely. You can temporarily disable them, but it's kind of a hassle to toggle back and forth. Why not have them display for X seconds and then pop back up if you hit the display items button.

This is a 6 player game, but it's pretty similar in solo games. Item labels cover up a lot of the nice graphics... and are just in the way. If you see something you don't want to pick up, you don't need it displayed forever.
Last edited by savbeardfeb2018 on Dec 2, 2012, 11:54:58 PM
While playing in Waterfall cavern i came upon a part of the cave that happened to be on the lower level then rest of the area. It looked really cool with all that fog covering most of the terrain and monsters, looked totally different and refreshing. Maybe it would be a good idea to make the whole of level 1 or 2 of caves looking like that, i'm guessing it wouldn't be a really big chore either.

Sadly, i don't have a screenshot, pressed a wrong button, but if i come upon it again i'll post it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
i have to say that the one cave after the vaal ruins dont rly fit in the game i dont mean the waterfall cave the other one with no exit with the big chest in it
(sry that i forgot its name) its a cave inside the mountain you can find the entrance in the area where you can find orak the tribe boss. it have outdoor models and textures of trees and the jungle, not that i dont like the tree and plant textures and models but i have the feeling that they wont fit in this area . i mean in which cave are growing trees ans plants like in the jungle ? another thing that would be cool in my opinion is a swamp area somewhere between the dark forest and and the jungle or somewhere in that area that there will be more variety in act 2 or what about climbing a mountain or vulcano with a dungeon on the top of it which goes through the vulcano with a lot of lava and hot stones falling from the sky outside possible sometimes some big ones you have to care of to not get hit by it
Last edited by DonCamillo on Dec 4, 2012, 5:07:32 PM
I haven't read through every forum post, so maybe someone has mentioned this already. As it is I feel this is the appropriate place;

While I LOVE the art of this game (in its entirety) my computer (being a dinosaur of sorts) has a hard time with some of the effects. I notice it more in areas with the rain or falling/floating leaves etc, my game just seems to lag a bit. In the caves (lower passage) for example I don't seem to have as much trouble, in fact the game runs almost pristinely in most of the cave environs.

This is less a complaint however (because I could lose some of my sloth and get a better comp) but more of a lead-up. I think it would be awesome if there were some more options to shut off animations, or certain graphical aspects, in game. I;m pretty sure that a quick "click there goes that animation" button would help me out, and maybe others.

In short, give me some options graphically to turn off so that I can enjoy the amazing imagery in the game, without the lag caused by some of the more prolific animations. (again this is all only supposed reasons, I have no proof, but maybe I just want to turn off the floating leaf litter in the jungle...)
Not sure if it's worth mentioning, or if it already has been said.

I play POE on a laptop with not the greatest specs and am thankful POE runs fine as it is and still looks marvelous.
But whenever I come near the walls in the western forest I experience massive slowdown, sometimes so bad that the game kicks me back to the login screen. I tried changing the settings both in-game and the nvidia configuration but to no avail.

Not sure what is happening here or how to solve it.
Hello GGG Staff that does the Art.
First off a Thank you for a wonderful world do dive into , even tho it's a dark and dangerous one . :)

Now to my feedback .
I have to say that while I enjoy playing a duelist so far ,that , especially at the beginning with no gear , the duelist model seems kind of inhuman to me .
The arms-wrist area just looks weird to me , I'm not really sure why and what exaclty it is , but as I'm someone who draws as Hobbyist , it's something I can't help but notice everytime a duelist turns to face the screen.
Its really just the wrist section of the right arm when equipped with melee weapons , that I think that something is off in terms of anatomy or something.
Sorry I can't quite pinpoint it .
I've made some screenshots so you can maybe see what I mean ;

Hope this helps you in some kind of way! Thanks for reading :)
Can you make Dark forest more darker? =).

I really like areas now in dark forest with smaller ways and the passage.

I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info