Art, Areas, and Effects Feedback Forum

I've just tried "Dark Forest" many times and YES I like this randomisation and the area's new structure made of intricate paths!Much better than a completely open, dispersive and boring area!
Very nice work!
Please bring back the old sockets :<
Haven't played much of the game so far since I recently got my Beta key. But one thing instantly came to my mind at the beginning of the game.

The game has dynamic lightning why is it not used more often.
In the first camp there is a fire which casts shadows, why not use this in dungeons as well? Put rooms in there, like a library or something and put a chair in front of the fire with a boss mob in it and it casts a long shadow that you can see before even enter the room. That fits in the atmosphere of the game.

Other idea. In the prison there are iron bars put a moving light somewhere that casts shadows through these.

I think a game like this would greatly profit from dynamic lightning effects. Especially in dark dungeons.

Oh and I love the idea of secret rooms mentioned earlier. The example with the library again ... There could be bookshelves and torches and one of these could open a hidden passageway.
Greetings from germany :)
Snow and lava areas would be great!
"
Aminence wrote:
Snow and lava areas would be great!

+1
The flashes of lightning in the starting area of the marauder... (I've only played the marauder, so I don't know if there are multiple origins yet)
Anyway, those incredibly invasive lightning effects are almost throwing me into a seizure, and I'd appreciate if you'd implement a way to turn such effects off. Or at least reduce the effect substantially.

The game is amazing so far, keep up the amazing work!! :)
It just recently hit me when I cleared The Cave (in the Old Fields) once again:

The area is 'lit' by white light, which makes it seem like it's situated in a hospital or something, quite sterile.

And I thought of how other games created moody lighting - a slight colour over the entire area. WoW did it to great success in many of its zones. Think about Feralas, the Searing Gorge, the Swamp of Sorrows, Duskwood, Westfall for example.

I seem to remember that the engine has problems with too many light sources per tile, but maybe there'd be a way to circumvent this - by making the effect a shader or something?

Anyhow: I think that (optional) mood colour for some zones would add a bit of atmosphere.

That said: I really love the new Western Forest and Dark Forest.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Yeah they do a great job with this in Scarlet Monastery

I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
that looks nothing like the scarlet monastery I played in vanilla wow :(
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Heh yeah there are a lot more enemys in huge armour and with big over the top weapons. Doesnt really look that bad though. The environments are a huge improvement though. The hallways with all the windows and lightbeams just look real... volumetric. Their really pro at faking things.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info