Decoy Totem love

Have to admit loving my new build using Torchoak step and decoy totems...basically I just sit back and watch the bosses kill themselves on my decoy totems...just did a tier 15 map boss with it...quite satisfying :)
Last bumped on May 6, 2023, 8:23:27 PM
That sounds fun.

How's the damage? Sounds difficult to scale, but what you said's encouraging...
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Haven't tried against an uber boss yet e.g. Searing or Eater of World however it is not the fastest of killing methods but it would have to be one of the safest. I compliment it with Incinerate on a totem along with skitter bots with curses attached dropping the fire res/ele res of the monsters. Its sort of a combo build where the monsters quite literally beat themselves to death against the Decoy totems (that have very bolstered life) then the incinerate totems wear them down whilst the slowly kill themselves...I have topped it up with soul mantle (armour) and self flagelation (jewel) combo also... :)...actually just ran tier 16 map Ashen Fields and defeated the boss easy enough :)
Last edited by Vidar88 on Feb 10, 2022, 9:55:11 PM
Thank ya!

I’m definitely going to try this out.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
In the end I am able to drop 2 x Decoy totems and 2 x Incinerate totems. The Decoy ones I can strategically place whilst the Incinerate ones I drop both at the same time. Decoy totems being the key so that I can crowd control the attacks coming from the monsters from 2 directions. :)
Decoy has always been the most underrated skill. Sure it only takes 2 hits from an endgame boss, but thats the point, nothing else in the game does that except invested minion builds.
How do you clear maps though?
If you bolster the life significantly on totems then those 2 hits become basically 10 hits and with reflect damage based on life of the totem...now you surround the boss with totems and they do some sort of nova attack they get reflect damage from all totems nearby. :)
The awakened slaaneshi decoy totem: caster is taunted as well, aoe is mapwide, totem only takes physical unarmed damage, reflects bleed and hinder for 150% of incoming damage, pleases attackers. Cu...Coming soon.
Watching this thread. I'm very interested in off-meta builds like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info